I'm tired of picking up orbs on the ground

I personally think there is to much clicking in the game at the moment, and it is really obvious now in Turmoil for example. I just clear breach and move on, as checking loot is giving me a headake :D

It would be great to introduce "mass pickup" of the same item within some radius, so you still can decide which items you want to pick.

Clicking 10-20 times just for Wisdom scrolls looks really unnecessary.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Been posting in support of mass looting for a while now - at least for lesser currencies.

Things like scrolls, alts, trans, aug, etc.

Click one it loots all in a radius.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
while the idea is neatr for QoL, picking individual currencies satisfy my lootwhore urgesand my greed when it comes to games with economies.

if GGG wanted to make things simple for players, the game wouldn't be as hardcore as it is right now and thus the game would lose a lot of its charm
Home from work so here you go: copy pasted but I'm never gonna retype this out again after I did the second time:

"
Imagine the real world in some distant future or something. Every single person gets a a small robot that cannot break down, cannot run out of energy, it will always be in top functioning shape and require no money to keep that way.

This machine passively collects elements from the air, ground, whatever, and will constantly pump out the equivalent of US pennies in compensation, say $1 per hour, as long as you are doing something "productive" (the definition of productive can be up to interpretation here, to be most accurate for analogy you would need to assume it means working in some capacity).

At the same time, the world economy is completely free market, there is no body regulating prices on anything, people are willing to charge whatever price they want for anything.

So every single person in the world passively gains currency and nothing states what sellers have to charge on consumer goods. So what do you see when you go into the store and look at purchasing a loaf of bread? A coloring book? A TV? What you are going to see is a digital sign on every single product everywhere, and the price on the digital signs is slowly increasing even as you stand there staring at it. Why not? Each (let's just assume the current 7.5 billion current world population) person on the planet gets $1 dollar an hour of productivity regardless of whatever other money they make outside of their little eternal robot. Even assuming "productivity" hours ranging from an hour to 8 hours a day, that is still $1-8 a day per person that just shows up out of nowhere with no effort on the person's behalf. Why not change the price of every single product on the planet per hour, per minute, per second to compensate? After all, that bread didn't just show up out of nowhere. In comparison, all the products being sold took quite some time to be developed and produced. And nobody is going to force those people to keep prices low, it is absolutely free market. And what reason do people buying the products have to complain, as long as prices remain at a healthy enough rate that most of the population can always buy what is needed at the time in general. Hell, people may be able to keep supporting those who can't be as productive if necessary, they don't need to but they can to some capacity depending on the rate of change the sellers dictate.

But in return, when everybody has something to sell, why wouldn't they too have an ever changing price? This becomes more true if the analogy is to be as transferable as possible - "productivity" is literally making something worth selling that you can personally sell for money. If everybody is making 1-8 dollars an hour, why wouldn't you keep upping the price of your own bread you made and want to sell? You have to pay other's prices that keep increasing, why wouldn't you want to do the same for what took you time to produce and eventually use the sale to buy your own things.

You can nitpick at smaller details however much you want but this analogy represents current PoE if auto looting of any kind in regards to even the smallest form of currency is allowed. There is nothing to regulate the fact that every player has the opportunity to passively loot currency while active if an auto-loot was suddenly enabled. And yes, having a buy in cost makes any auto loot pet idea pay to win because what happens to those in this alternative reality who can't afford whatever initial cost the robots have if any? They die as the price of fucking water and bread would go through the damn roof faster than they can even produce a single sellable object.

And no, passive money generation doesn't suddenly make the population of the world at large suddenly generous and help everybody survive and have a good life. Just look at crap that happens right now, particularly among billionaires of the world. Very few actively try to help others even when they have enough money to be set for life 100x over. Even less do absolutely everything possible to help as much as they can in any way they can to give their money away to help the unfortunate. And many of them are set for life in a way that they don't need to do anything, they just continuously gain some amount of money just for having set up the profitable x thing initially. You don't see players with stacks and stacks of mirrors doing daily donations. Usually, they are the ones controlling the prices and living at the top of the world in PoE, hoarding their years of wealth so they are able to afford anything they want on the fly. Because there is nobody to tell them not to.

So go ahead and beg for auto-pickup. But don't be shocked if the game would change massively to compensate, drop rates gutted to the absolute floor and so on. And if the game doesn't change to compensate, have fun watching Kaom's Heart rise an ex in price on the daily and have no upper limit. Have fun paying 20ex for a white ilvl84 crafting base within weeks.

You can change the auto pickup to even be only scrolls or only get scroll fragments in exchange for each scroll picked up. It doesn't stop it, it only slows down the rate of change.

(I might have missed something since I just woke up and started pounding this out but the central idea is all there. Nitpick what you want, doesn't change the foundation of the concept.)

And I see some people arguing a "pick up similar currency with one click " idea. Just take my example and instead of infinite producing robots, just make it so that every $1 somebody makes, they make 10 instead. Regardless of their occupation.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
If it's too hard for you to pick up scrolls, don't bother. Nobody is forcing you. After a short time at the start of a league, it's not necessary. I'd be surprised if you can find a streamer that picks up low level currency. People even hide that stuff in their loot filters. The day they make auto currency pickup is the day they should stop having that currency dropping at all.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 20, 2017, 10:35:00 AM
"
Home from work so here you go: copy pasted but I'm never gonna retype this out again after I did the second time:

"
Imagine the real world in some distant future or something. Every single person gets a a small robot that cannot break down, cannot run out of energy, it will always be in top functioning shape and require no money to keep that way.

This machine passively collects elements from the air, ground, whatever, and will constantly pump out the equivalent of US pennies in compensation, say $1 per hour, as long as you are doing something "productive" (the definition of productive can be up to interpretation here, to be most accurate for analogy you would need to assume it means working in some capacity).

At the same time, the world economy is completely free market, there is no body regulating prices on anything, people are willing to charge whatever price they want for anything.

So every single person in the world passively gains currency and nothing states what sellers have to charge on consumer goods. So what do you see when you go into the store and look at purchasing a loaf of bread? A coloring book? A TV? What you are going to see is a digital sign on every single product everywhere, and the price on the digital signs is slowly increasing even as you stand there staring at it. Why not? Each (let's just assume the current 7.5 billion current world population) person on the planet gets $1 dollar an hour of productivity regardless of whatever other money they make outside of their little eternal robot. Even assuming "productivity" hours ranging from an hour to 8 hours a day, that is still $1-8 a day per person that just shows up out of nowhere with no effort on the person's behalf. Why not change the price of every single product on the planet per hour, per minute, per second to compensate? After all, that bread didn't just show up out of nowhere. In comparison, all the products being sold took quite some time to be developed and produced. And nobody is going to force those people to keep prices low, it is absolutely free market. And what reason do people buying the products have to complain, as long as prices remain at a healthy enough rate that most of the population can always buy what is needed at the time in general. Hell, people may be able to keep supporting those who can't be as productive if necessary, they don't need to but they can to some capacity depending on the rate of change the sellers dictate.

But in return, when everybody has something to sell, why wouldn't they too have an ever changing price? This becomes more true if the analogy is to be as transferable as possible - "productivity" is literally making something worth selling that you can personally sell for money. If everybody is making 1-8 dollars an hour, why wouldn't you keep upping the price of your own bread you made and want to sell? You have to pay other's prices that keep increasing, why wouldn't you want to do the same for what took you time to produce and eventually use the sale to buy your own things.

You can nitpick at smaller details however much you want but this analogy represents current PoE if auto looting of any kind in regards to even the smallest form of currency is allowed. There is nothing to regulate the fact that every player has the opportunity to passively loot currency while active if an auto-loot was suddenly enabled. And yes, having a buy in cost makes any auto loot pet idea pay to win because what happens to those in this alternative reality who can't afford whatever initial cost the robots have if any? They die as the price of fucking water and bread would go through the damn roof faster than they can even produce a single sellable object.

And no, passive money generation doesn't suddenly make the population of the world at large suddenly generous and help everybody survive and have a good life. Just look at crap that happens right now, particularly among billionaires of the world. Very few actively try to help others even when they have enough money to be set for life 100x over. Even less do absolutely everything possible to help as much as they can in any way they can to give their money away to help the unfortunate. And many of them are set for life in a way that they don't need to do anything, they just continuously gain some amount of money just for having set up the profitable x thing initially. You don't see players with stacks and stacks of mirrors doing daily donations. Usually, they are the ones controlling the prices and living at the top of the world in PoE, hoarding their years of wealth so they are able to afford anything they want on the fly. Because there is nobody to tell them not to.

So go ahead and beg for auto-pickup. But don't be shocked if the game would change massively to compensate, drop rates gutted to the absolute floor and so on. And if the game doesn't change to compensate, have fun watching Kaom's Heart rise an ex in price on the daily and have no upper limit. Have fun paying 20ex for a white ilvl84 crafting base within weeks.

You can change the auto pickup to even be only scrolls or only get scroll fragments in exchange for each scroll picked up. It doesn't stop it, it only slows down the rate of change.

(I might have missed something since I just woke up and started pounding this out but the central idea is all there. Nitpick what you want, doesn't change the foundation of the concept.)

And I see some people arguing a "pick up similar currency with one click " idea. Just take my example and instead of infinite producing robots, just make it so that every $1 somebody makes, they make 10 instead. Regardless of their occupation.

lmao, and the WORLD WOULD END TOMORROWWWWWW BEWAREEE
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
I don't want auto pickup... but proximity pickup would be fucking awesome.

click 1 perandus coin pick up all within X radius so maybe instead of clicking 20 times for a coffer, we have to click 3ish times.

I'm not saying when I click an orb of fusing, pick up the alteration next to it, but it would be nice to be able to pick up "like" currency when they are next to each other.
Chris Wilson,

Look at what you have done.

We are literally TIRED of picking up your stupid loot! Please, Sir, you must do something about it before more people get these headaches!

You guys removed loot tension from the game with the addition of PA loot setting/requirement, (remember you did that to 'Save' public games? L. O. frickin L. - guess what? it KILLED any reason to host public games!) and what did they say? those nasty selfish 'pro-FFA people'? wait! I can still hear them - ghosts of deleted diamond supporters in threads dating back 5-6 years now... ooooOOOoooo ooOOoooo! allow me to translate for them:

1) If you take away loot tension, then there is no point is seeing other players loot at all - it amounts to useless screen clutter - or worse. But you guys were 'against' instanced loot though, and insisted that we must see what the other players get. This HURTS public games/maps, because now when you invite someone to your game you can see all the good stuff they are getting that you are not, and sooner or later you will think to yourself, 'I should just be going solo, and all that shit would have been mine!' (flawed human confirmation bias and the way negative events stick in our memories longer then positive ones means that over time, almost EVERYONE will see it this way)

2) With loot tension gone, there is no reason to even require players to click on something to pick it up! it only amounts to useless click drudgery busy-work you do after a fight that slows the game pace! so, after you removed the urgency, it became this game of 'is my inventory too full to pick this up? or it will drop and someone else can take it' Wow! what a fun mini game that is! no its not. So why even limit the player carry stash at all? Really now, its only purpose is to force players to periodically dash back to town/HO to stash or sell stuff and return. This 'dynamic' is about as useful as adding extra dead-ends in your map layouts. (whereas, when players had to compete for loot, it was a bit of an 'equalizer' where when someone grabs stuff fast, sooner or later they will fill up and naturally give other players who might be slower a chance before everyone would go to town at once)

TLDR:

EVERYONE must pick up items and carry them back to their stash one by one because its part of an old loot 'meta game' from D2, that now has no purpose because everyone plays PA loot or solos.

"
The_Risen wrote:

lmao, and the WORLD WOULD END TOMORROWWWWWW BEWAREEE

I'm sorry that you interpret an understanding of economics and a guaranteed inflation model as a doomsday scenario.

Would it be the end of PoE? Technically not. Will the constantly changing prices to match inflation make trading annoying as hell. Definitely. Might as well cut out the hassle and you know, not allow it to happen.

And yes, prices in general would just rise forever, some people may be too lazy, but those who want to get what they feel is healthy amount of chaos/ex whatever for their items will use the updated stash programs to have their base prices meet that day's ratios every day. And daily might be an exaggeration considering the player base is nowhere near earth's population, but it would continue to inflate all league without stopping worse than it already does.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
while the idea is neatr for QoL, picking individual currencies satisfy my lootwhore urgesand my greed when it comes to games with economies.

if GGG wanted to make things simple for players, the game wouldn't be as hardcore as it is right now and thus the game would lose a lot of its charm

PoE isnt a hardcore game, for me.

Hardcore game is the one where player skills DO MATTER, both micro (reflexes, timings, etc) and macro (strategical adapting in advance according to encounter, etc).

PoE gameplay micro isnt "hardcore" at all, you just blast enemies before thay have any chance to react, and you dont even have to aim because your skills litter whole screen (and screen behind it, often), or auto-target (SRS, totems). And if you get hit, you recover almost instantly. Most builds spam just 1 button to "win the game".

PoE gameplay macro isnt hardcore too, most of the time. Flasks refill so quickly that you dont bother managing them. Changing from AoE skill to single-target, or from one element to another is usually avoided by most players (i.e. if they cant face phys reflect, they just ignore reflect map, or build around chaos damage, instead of switching to elemental). Skipping tough bosses dont even bring major downsides in maps.

If you take a fresh look at PoE now, you'll see how far it is from (truly hardcore) games like Dark Souls, DoTA, etc.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info