[3.6 Video Guide] Beginner's Guide SRS Baron Life [HC/SC/Atziri/Uber Izaro/Shaper Viable]

"
Newer player here. Was wondering "+2 to level of socketed minion gems" only affects the gems in the helmet? If so, how does that help our SRS? What gems should I have in the helmet?

Yes for leveling you grab a level 2 socketed minion gems helmet, because SRS damage scales very good with levels. EDIT: personally I like using a Reverberation Rod for leveling, but it is up to you.(It's about a 10% increase for every level you get, so lategame with a +3 staff and empower 4 you get something like 110% * srs damage for every level. You can see old 2.6 official damage values of SRS here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LAi5g067lGa2XdHPpGa1ae8RKe-LBnwCjE-Z384fTV4/edit#gid=1197252210. This was provided by GGG.

"
Grrr_Arrgh wrote:
Questions:

1. I was lucky enough to have a tabula rassa drop. Am I correct in thinking that this isn't really useful in this build? (note* i dont have a 6 slot 2H, but am using a +2helm)

2. Clarification: All the rage over the +2 2H seems odd to me that your dropping the +2minion gem from the Baron. So just getting +2 to all the red gems is actually better than using the +2 Baron for your SRS? i.e. - the +2 from all red gems is > +2 to minions?

for your second point, +2 2h is for 6 links. +2 fire is exact same as +2 minion for srs, as they count as both a fire spell and a minion spell. So more links = better. 6 link much more damage than 4 link, and ability to use blood magic craft so you can run haste hatred. So lategame you go for +3 as well. You might think, oh thats dumb its only 1 extra level, but the +1 applies to all gems in staff. so with 21 srs, you get +3 from staff, +3 from empower 4, and then staff gives level to every gem so empower actually becomes empower 5 and you end with level 28 srs, which does just over double the base damage of a level 20 base srs, not counting links or anything else.
Last edited by isunktitanic on Aug 18, 2017, 2:02:25 AM
I use [Aurumvorax Basket Rapier] [Victario's Charity Laminated Kite Shield] and a [corrupted 6L armor] so have no Blood Magic on my 6link SRS. Soon I find my mana is far from enough. Is there any way to solve this problem except change equipment? (or, can Vagan craft BM on a normal armor? If so I only need to find a new 6L armor)

Sorry but I don't know how to paste my equipment here.
Last edited by zhang8218923 on Aug 18, 2017, 7:47:00 AM
I was wondering, given the choice between The Baron and a +3 Mace, which would you get first for the best boost? Not lucky with drops, and feeling quite weak in t10+ maps without either of those items.
How do you manage to get 7k hp? I'm lvl 71 and I'm at 4.5k, given I've got quite a few nodes left I don't think it'll account for the remainder
"
Frotob wrote:
How do you manage to get 7k hp? I'm lvl 71 and I'm at 4.5k, given I've got quite a few nodes left I don't think it'll account for the remainder

From items. I'm MOSTLY self found and I roll with 6k at 83.
Hey. I'm playing this build and I have a few questions.
I have a +3 maul and almost lvl 20 srs gem. I don't have the baron helmet though.
So should the helmet be the first thing to aim for? If yes, what should I aim for next?
Empower 3? Empower 4? SRS 21? Is quality on SRS gem important?
If I can take care of the resists, would using a Kaom's Heart for this build be good??
Nm I changed my build around.
Last edited by Autkast on Aug 18, 2017, 2:44:41 PM
FYI:

This staff is pretty cheap and works well with SRS.

I just bring the truth!

So a baron is beyond out of my price range :( what are some cheap alternatives i could use for leveling? also if i dont use the brightbeak and shield what are my other options that would be good for fast leveling?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info