[3.6 Video Guide] Beginner's Guide SRS Baron Life [HC/SC/Atziri/Uber Izaro/Shaper Viable]

Is this really for HC? Why whe shouldn´t go into Energy Shield instead life ?
Im tryin to add commandment of the grave to the build. just before i do does it make it clear maps faster?
Decided to give this build a whirl for the flashback race (used it in HC for a bit - big fan of SRS in general (check my VI_AVE_VI_SATANAS_VI build for the "complete" one on standard. I figured it was off-meta enough that it would be relatively easy to gear. Most expensive parts were the gloves and the belt given how rare they are on day 1. I think I've spent maybe 3ex so far, over the course of time. Obviously there's still much improvement to be made, but this is definitely a solid league starter

Spoiler

Also, I'm backpacking WED, but with the BM gem I can run 3 auras which lets me run haste, I haven't POBed it, but it's a lot easier to get 20 skulls out which i feel like is a lot more effective than the 10 or so I get before I run out of mana. It makes the SRS setup essentially a 5 link, but with flesh offering, vaal haste and ball of lightning I clear pretty fast.
"
Sloky89 wrote:
Is this really for HC? Why whe shouldn´t go into Energy Shield instead life ?

Well, it scales off of strength, and strength gives life. It is definitely HC viable, you just can't tank every hit.
Almost done leveling as Synth event league starter. Feels very strong and I actually used it a bit for MF as well since act 8(therefore the gear). Would love to get bisco lease and amulet but both are way out of my budget(have less the 10 chaos now)

About to do third lab and fight Kitava and have some questions:

Not sure if to go with specters or not. I did do necro build with zombies + specters (for frenzy) but don't see how they are used here
Didn't read all 90 pages but what is the main cons and pro? what specters you use?

I found tabula on Act 8, should I put the SRS there instead the baron?

Also why are we getting the sovereignty cluster?

Thanks
"
snowmittens wrote:
Almost done leveling as Synth event league starter. Feels very strong and I actually used it a bit for MF as well since act 8(therefore the gear). Would love to get bisco lease and amulet but both are way out of my budget(have less the 10 chaos now)

About to do third lab and fight Kitava and have some questions:

Not sure if to go with specters or not. I did do necro build with zombies + specters (for frenzy) but don't see how they are used here
Didn't read all 90 pages but what is the main cons and pro? what specters you use?

I found tabula on Act 8, should I put the SRS there instead the baron?

Also why are we getting the sovereignty cluster?

Thanks

I didn't go with spectres, I prefer pure SRS on SRS builds - but that's just me. The Sovereignty cluster really helps with hatred, and if you're mana-casting, it makes it a bit easier to manage your casts. It's especially nice with blood magic because you can use the extra auras (i.e. haste) and still be able to use your offering/ball of lightning, flame dash etc. pretty easily.

For the tabula, go for it, if you have the mana to sustain it. The Baron will take you all the way into maps by itself so if you find yourself running into sustain issues you can easily switch back to it and you wont feel that much of a difference. Personally I preferred a chest with life and some resists on it (you can see an example in my last post) as a 6L isn't mandatory until like, T13+ IMO

Lastly, Bisco's Leash isn't all that necessary, something with lots of strength and life will do just fine. Astramentis isn't super expensive right now, but before I got mine I just used used an ammy that gave me life, strength, and dex. You'll have trouble leveling hatred up, but it isn't absolutely necessary for this build. It just makes things a whole lot easier to gear around if you do have it.
I was looking at some of the other SRS builds on poe.ninja and was kind of inspired a bit. I got pretty lucky with some of my RNG so I decided to try something a tad different, using this build (you can see the gear I was using before in a previous post). Not sure if this is actually more "optimal" or not, but I'm still having a lot of fun either way. My tree is a bit different - mainly because I feel like the minion damage + life you get on jewels is totally worth the investment - and a bit of life regen when using blood magic is always nice. Here's my new/current gear set up for anyone who's interested:

Spoiler

This seems like an old build not too many are playing now.

Having seen anyone used specters and not sure how to optimize it so I went w/o it.
I actual turned it to a MF build since act 8 and I think it work out ok as I gotten a round 2-3 ex worth gear since w/o farming
I can manage white maps OK with this setup with garbage MF gear. Next on the list = Bisco's leash!
Incursions, betreyal and some yellow bosses are a bit of an issue so may have to tone down the MF a bit going deeper into atlas

Not sure if a 2 H weapon is the best choice here
Looking into some good 1h weapon +6L chest + shield setup instead

I find the slow casting and build up of the srs an annoying issue but maybe better casting gear will resolve it later

MF gear for now:

Thank you MF, now have this:
Last edited by snowmittens on May 19, 2019, 4:47:39 AM
Nice setup! I went the MF route for a while. I actually got a good deal on a bisco's collar which i flipped for over double what i paid for it when I decided to gear out of MF into something more survivable in higher tier maps. MF is great, but dying sucks haha.
Ye, having issues with betreyal and chaos damage on mid yellow maps.

Build seems a bit squishy and even in the youtube video Ghazzy did, he mentioned it's squishiness (and he was only doing t11!)

Anyone did end level stuff with this build or a mod and has videos to show?

Someone mentioned using a bow to increase damage on this build, anyone tried?

SRS builds seems unpopular, looked for a lvl 20 gem on event league and only 1 was available

Overall a fun MF build to play with rampage going, just need to be careful
Last edited by snowmittens on May 20, 2019, 2:48:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info