[3.6 Video Guide] Beginner's Guide SRS Baron Life [HC/SC/Atziri/Uber Izaro/Shaper Viable]

Jo guys, I just had myself an idea for crafting +3 staves that could save easyly 2 ex. Could you theoretically alt a staff with 1.5% chance ro just +2, regal once into rare with +2 and one other suffix, then 50:50 annulment orb to remove the suffix and voila rare staff with +2 gems? that sound a lot cheaper than spending an average of 65 regals, 65 scours und 400 transmutes
Yeah the build is great for beginners. +1 wand into +1 helm into +2 helm into +2 bone helm is perfectly fine to get decently into maps. Brightbeak+Victario's Charity+Necromantic Aegis is also super fun. I'm actually kind of sad that I'll (hopefully) be getting rid of it soon.

I assume the best upgrade to get first would be a 6L +2/BM staff. I'm not sure if I'm reading this right but would a dark mage staff be fine for this? That seems really cheap for a 6 link to me for some reason. Can BM be crafted on a Dark Mage staff?
How does the +3 weapon compare to a scourge+shield? I saw something about more dps but couldnt achieve it. It was 1k less dps/spirit unless i used NA + Lycsidodae which loses a lot of life and defense that the new shield mods give. But that seems like too much point investment despite the huge accuracy dps increase of around 20k a spirit or more (with some damage instead of hp cause i play soft ore).
Last edited by BearMauling on Aug 11, 2017, 5:16:45 PM
Well beginner friendly means, that its pretty good at start. If you want to push it more, need to invest more, same as every other build. I did personally all T1-10 maps without Baron with gear pieces for 1-2c and 5L staff +2 skills, so definately beginner friendly. Today bought Astramentis, Council of the grip, Baron helmet and pushing red maps more now, while sitting at 7.1k hp with ~800 str..
Whats so good with brightbeak for srs? I cant see it in the stats.
Alright got a 6L +2/BM mace for just about all my currency (70c), and after an hour or so of trying to fix up my sockets I'm up and running again and sooo much stronger. Lucked out and got attack speed on the mace too.

Definitely miss brightbeak shield charge though :(

e:
"
Norse wrote:
Whats so good with brightbeak for srs? I cant see it in the stats.

The only thing really good for SrS on a weapon is +gem level so until you get your 6L, a 4L +2 helm is fine for your SrS links, so you can use brightbeak for super fast shield charging around. As I said above I just upgraded to a 6L weapon and really miss shield charge.
Last edited by Rocksteadee on Aug 11, 2017, 8:26:33 PM
I see thx for explaining, is a 6l staff more powerful than using the victario charity shield as im doing right now?
Here is my almost finished gear setup if anyone needs it as a reference. The only thing left is +3 staff:

One thing I got setup and can recommend as an option is CWDT + enfeeble + immortal call + arc. Arc chains 4 times and constantly triggers EE so helps with clear speed. I do not consider ball lightning with gmp to be good - no time to cast it during fast paced mapping and also takes too many gem slots to setup.

Use vaal trap for bosses and general map clearing, it charges fast and stores up to 3 charges - very very useful gem.

Also, The Magnate seems to be very good option to help with clear speed. You can run onslaught, basalt and quicksilver flasks and they are full 99% of the time.

Finally, Ghazzy recommends to use quicksilver flask of heat for the freezes. Obviously this is mainly for strongboxes, but if you just summon 10 raging spirits before opening the strongbox, which takes no time with the proper cast speed setup, and open the box everything dies instantly so it's actually pretty safe. Instead of a "of Heat" quicksilver I run "of Adrenaline"- helps immensely for clear speed. Lvl 88 so far and no deaths due to freezes so I think the small risk is worth it :P

Final thoughts: Build is very easy to level up, there is a bit of bumpy ride at some point if you cannot afford the 6L staff and the baron but when you do the build just rips trough content so good. Very happy with it overall, very safe build and extremely good clear speed with strong boss killing capabilities.

Thanks for the guide, Ghazzy!
Last edited by chancer on Aug 11, 2017, 8:50:15 PM
Baron starting to come down in price some, good to see finally.
We can say price is dropping when it goes down to 50c

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info