Skill Reveal: Storm Burst

"
WhiteMagick wrote:
"
WhiteMagick wrote:
I think there is a mistake in the description of the skill. Slowing the projectiles should not increase the distance of targets reached but increasing the speed will?

Have not seen answer to this -> I think the description is wrong, please correct me if I am wrong.

The wording on that line was a little weird, but i take it as when you fire lots of projectiles further away with slow proj, they wont spread as much and thus dealing more overlapping dmg to them.
If you wouldnt use slower proj the orbs would be too spread likely for huge overlapping of aoe.

I have a feeling that this skill will be nerfed very shortly after release :D
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
This might be a bit more interesting than Storm Call for me. Altho i tend to hate Lightning Spells, as for EE it is hard to proc, I don't like Pantless Grandpa to play Inquisitor and i usually preffer playstyle of Ball Lightning - cast, move, cast move, watch stuff die.

The fact this being a channeling skill kinda turns me off. Play style i assume will be kinda like Blade Flurry - hold and release, move, repeat.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Yet another active attack skill. So pointless.

Then dont use it?
Projectiles move too slow.
Looks like only effectve against slow or stationary enemies.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
Only problem is that NOT ALL projectiles will be able hit Single target.
For example if you fire 10 projectiles, even with Slower projectile support gem (to make projectiles closer to each other), i don't think that 1st and 10th, and even 2nd and 9th projectile can hit the same enemy once channeling stops and projectiles will burst!

Then you don't fire 10 projectiles. No one's forcing you to. You fire 5. Or 3. Or 7. You play with it and determine how many you can get over one enemy (note that it's not just Slower Projectiles that helps you overlap, but also GMP, Inc. AoE and Faster Casting) and then fire just that many before releasing the button and making it go pop. For single-target it'll play much like Blade Flurry i.e. you'll keep charging it up to the optimum level i.e. number of projectiles out and then releasing the trigger. Do this several times in order to kill the boss in the fastest time.
Interesting... didn't know 3.0 would also add skill gems. Guess as usual one of those will be super OP (probably the one that has "blade" in its name).
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Projectiles move too slow.
Looks like only effectve against slow or stationary enemies.

People said that about Storm Call way back as well. And the solution is the same - spread them out and invest in AoE. Also, Faster Projectiles will work with this, if you want.

Btw, these projectiles look faster than Frostbolt. And people have made Frostbolt-only builds. And Frostbolt has no AoE either.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jul 12, 2017, 7:27:41 AM
Hyped to use that skill ;)
ça me donne envie de l'essayer, il a l'air bien sympa ^^
Flameblast: (2 sec)
241-362 * 10.9 = 2626.9-3945.8

Storm Burst: (2 sec)
118-178 * 4 = 472-712 * (2 / 0.35) = 2697.1-4068.5 + (118-178 * X(Projectiles which pierced target))

Last edited by CBEToffOP on Jul 12, 2017, 8:01:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info