Skill Reveal: Storm Burst

This is what I have been waiting for, new skills!

And it is a spell, which mimics frost bolt + vortex aka my favorite skills. The only downside is that it isn't ice based so no easy ice to fire. I prefer just straight ice spells but ItoF is just too good to pass up on. The skill would probably also work fine as a fire spell with explosions, or chaos. It just looks cool, which counts for a lot when you will be seeing it literally thousands of times.

As an Elementalist I'm gonna be rocking this day one though as usual it means grinding up another set of gems.

Ultimately I imagine it being a significant dps dip compared to my frostbolt set up, plus it lacks the fire and forget simplicity which gives you defense right there. But the aesthestics are on point.

Idk I might ditch my golems in 3.0 and refocus on my own badassery.
"
RubySydell wrote:
This is what I have been waiting for, new skills!

And it is a spell, which mimics frost bolt + vortex aka my favorite skills. The only downside is that it isn't ice based so no easy ice to fire. I prefer just straight ice spells but ItoF is just too good to pass up on. The skill would probably also work fine as a fire spell with explosions, or chaos. It just looks cool, which counts for a lot when you will be seeing it literally thousands of times.

As an Elementalist I'm gonna be rocking this day one though as usual it means grinding up another set of gems.

Ultimately I imagine it being a significant dps dip compared to my frostbolt set up, plus it lacks the fire and forget simplicity which gives you defense right there. But the aesthestics are on point.

Idk I might ditch my golems in 3.0 and refocus on my own badassery.

as of right now be happy its not a frost skill because ignite sux ass since the latest nerfs on Beta

"
"
Bearpauw wrote:

I guess you've never been a hardcore gamer and had a wife :)

I think the implication is that the new thing looks good and will consume a lot of time and hence the wife will peace out due to lack of attention given.

Don't worry, at least you'll still have us, and storm burst to cuddle with!

You and Bearpauw have restored my faith in humanity +1 ;-)
the question we have to ask here is if this skill is shaper viable xD ggg should state that for every new skill something like "oh you know, if you invest tons of exalts you may be able to finish shaper in a 10 mins fight or so"
Is this something that will be released in the Beta or is this just for the full release of 3.0?
Yeah, Vaal Storm Burst

Fires Projectiles at all nearby Enemies, and explode on hit an enemy or expire.
Are the storm balls single hits or per-unit-of-time-damage like lightning ball?

Hopefully we'll also get to see a lightning or ice beam like the new (or old) Torture Chamber boss ones (AoE could widen the beam?). Scorching Ray is okay, but there's not even any remotely similar cold, lightning or even physical skills.
As a RS summoner, I am glad to hear there is an on-hit channeling skill gem.

So, i could have something to channel in order to trigger EE as well as channeling desecrate and offering skill with only 4links.
As we have flesh offering, it seems that we don't really need casting speed like the other skill at all.
Looks cool. Definitely gonna try it in 3.0.
Balance is an illusion, exile.
The skill sounds funny, but the real problem is the possibility to farm fast... This skill seems slow as ball lightning and, as they said, slower projectiles increases the damage... So here we go, another ball lightning (maybe stronger) that noone gonna use it after some tries.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info