Skill Reveal: Storm Burst

That looks super nice. I may have found my SSF 3.0 skill.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
I have mixed feeling about this, It is great that we are getting new skills and I cant wait to play with this.

But I'm worried about the direction that each new skill is heading, It feels like the way you are making skills is that a new active skill gem must always be as/more impressive than the last, mechanically and visually.

this leaves little/no room for support gems with interesting mechanics, and many newer active gems have loads of mechanics built into it and cant be supported by support gems which could give a similar effect.

I would like to see more basic active gems, and more advanced support gems.

Give us a simple lightning bolt spell, a lightning projecile that deals damage, low min damage and high max damage and good damage effectiveness, and don't add pierce or anything, we can add that ourselves with support gems or item effects.
Yet another active attack skill. So pointless.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
I see this skill in combination with RF.

Ill name the build - Static Lightning Fire Coil Battery of Turmoil. Of SLFCBOT for short.

How does it interact with totems? When does it stop casting? Flameblast stops at 10 charges, what about this skill?
*heavy breathing intensifies*

Sire of shards Storm Burst CwC ball lightning... Roll inquisitor and take call of the brotherhood for some nice shatters...

I have the mightest need right now.
Still what good build for Spell-Caster (non-Summoner) LIFE/ES based?
Without INSTANT ES LEECH can't go to ES, but ALL good spell nodes and etc. IN INTELLIGENCE section!
OR ES with high ES regen? But still how to counter reflect?
Last edited by CBEToffOP on Jul 12, 2017, 6:23:06 AM
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
"
Bardharr wrote:
If you look at the Frostbolt part of the video, you can clearly see that Storm Burst will act much like Barrage when supported with LMP/GMP. More projectiles added to the stream instead of parallel to it. Interesting.

"
CBEToffOP wrote:
I hope 300% more AOE will apply to all skills linked with it!

Nope. It will not. It's not a support gem.

RF also isn't Support gem, but gives spell damage to all!
Still it is regretful if it isn't.

It is quite interesting if added projectiles work like Barrage.
Only problem is that NOT ALL projectiles will be able hit Single target.
For example if you fire 10 projectiles, even with Slower projectile support gem (to make projectiles closer to each other), i don't think that 1st and 10th, and even 2nd and 9th projectile can hit the same enemy once channeling stops and projectiles will burst!

Its OP if it buffs all by 300% AOE. The spell bonus on RF isnt that big.
GGG, can you make a melee skill gem that makes a falling rocks, like Vagan, minotaur and Vaal do? Or minotaur diving style, he dive into the ground then swing his horn like bull when his up, thats really cool.
"
WhiteMagick wrote:
I think there is a mistake in the description of the skill. Slowing the projectiles should not increase the distance of targets reached but increasing the speed will?

Have not seen answer to this -> I think the description is wrong, please correct me if I am wrong.
I have a MURDER BONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info