Skill Reveal: Storm Burst

looks pretty bad tbh
"
Turbodevil wrote:
Why would i ever add cwc fire/cold spell + elemental equilibrium? Isnt this spell about multiple overlapping explosions and ee would only reduce damage from each explosions except first?
yeah I guess you're right- it will be hard to trigger other skill enough.

just stack more multipliers out of your ass then lol

conc (if needed)

slow proj
ele focus
controlled destruction
pen if not inquisitor

arcane surge
ele overload

hell, might as well slap a lmp on this thing and swap with slow proj for bosses (conc with aoe swap as well)
Ball Call yay
Last edited by sharkh20 on Jul 12, 2017, 2:51:27 AM
It makes me think of ball lightning meets that spread gun from the original Contra game.
"
The skill fires bolts of piercing lightning...

I think this skill is useless (i mean there are far better ones)!

1) It looks more like spell analog of Explosive Arrow, BUT far worse because you can't use EE with it, because projectile itself have lightning damage AND AOE explosions overlap with each other (not combines in 1 powerful damage burst while enemy has EE like fuses in EA), SO NO EE FOR THIS SKILL.

2) Can it be Chained? Forked? I think it NOT!
As i understand 1 projectile = 1 AOE explosion.
Magma Orb + Sire of Shards FAR better for map clearing then this skill!

Poison build with this skill and Voltaxic Rift?
Because 300% more AOE also apply to Poison through inheritance!
magma orb projectiles cannot hit the same target

this thing can

whoever said that its like blade flurry is correct

and in datamine info, it does more damage than ball lightning...

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/gem.php?n=Storm+Burst
"
CBEToffOP wrote:

Because 300% more AOE also apply to Poison through inheritance!
I thought it doesnt anymore ?
For a cold-based channeling spell, might I suggest this idea: Hurricane

This skill sounds simple at first, but bear with me.

So with Hurricane, you channel a stream of cold air (just like the D2 Druid skill!) to a location, where it forms a circular zone of swirling cold AoE damage. You can move where this cold zone is via your mouse, like any other channeling skill (not sure how GGG is making the XBox version work, but that's their problem lol) and adjust its size with AoE modifiers. The damage done is a cold, spell, AoE, DoT damage that lasts for as long as you channel. Any mobs in the area will, of course, be chilled. However...

There's two other aspects to this skill - firstly, it ALSO does damage via the stream of air you're blowing to the target location. So, much like Tornado Shot, you can just aim behind a monster to hit him with the stream. The width of the stream itself isn't affected by AoE modifiers. The DoT damage will be the same (the stream and the AoE zone are all the same damage), but this becomes important for the second aspect of the skill. Which is...

Icicles! Along with the stream of cold air, the skill also launches shards of ice that hit as projectiles. These icicles travel to the target area and swirl around hitting anything in the zone. A portion of the skills total damage comes from them. They also "hit" mobs, meaning you can trigger 'on hit' effects with them and they can also freeze mobs on crit (though they likely won't have anywhere near enough damage to freeze high health enemies like bosses). The icicles spread out in the AoE zone and so you won't be hitting any mobs in the zone with all of them - they're sort of a cherry on top. HOWEVER, you CAN make all the icicles hit (and pierce, if you attach that gem) one monster if you aim behind him such that he's in the cold stream (if you don't have pierce, then the AoE zone behind him won't have any icicles in it since they all were blocked by that monster). GMP/LMP will only add more icicles to the stream (just like Barrage) rather than spread them out. This enables you to either focus all your skill damage on one monster or cover an area, depending on where you aim it.

The skills' tags are cold, spell, chanelling, DoT, AoE and projectile, but the damage of the stream and the icicles are separate - both are affected by cold and spell modifiers, but only the stream is affected by DoT and AoE modifiers while only the icicles are affected by projectile modifiers.

You can, if you wish, choose to focus your build on one or the other aspect of the skill - the AoE DoT damage or the icicles (and even if you focus on the DoT portion, you still get the benefit of being able to trigger 'on hit' effects such as Life Gain On Hit). I think this makes it a pretty flexible and interesting skill. Depending on how you build it, it can serves as both a decent pack-clearer and decent boss-killer (if its damage is carefully balanced) or it can be focused to be much more effective at one of those roles i.e. focus on the AoE DoT portion along with getting a huge AoE for packs or focus on augmenting the damage and don't bother with the AoE for bosses. Thoughts? :)
Stop protecting scammers.
"
1453R wrote:
Whelp. I know what I'm doing for my next new character.

Holy frogbuckets that looks absolutely amazing.

I could in no way express my feelings any better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info