Skill Reveal: Storm Burst

Nice GGG. I wait new Righteous Lightning :)
So I take it that the ultimate overlapping setup for this skill will be:

Storm Burst + GMP + Inc. AoE + Slower Projectiles + Faster Casting.

That's pretty much the same best focus setup as for Ball Lightning, except for the addition of GMP (and that BL works with Spell Echo).

Didn't see anything mentioned about Duration, but it looks like duration is playing a roll too, so the last link should be to modify that, I guess, which gives it the Storm Call property.

Well I was wishing to try out a Lightning-based (cos of Mind of the Council) MoM setup in 3.0 anyway, so this should be fun to try out anyway.
"
xykivo wrote:
Meh - probably not really useful.

Another channeling skill while the game forces you to kite every boss fight.

Considering the number of builds that have already cleared the game just fine with Scorching Ray, Blade Flurry and even Blight...this comment is well out of date. It might've made sense when channeling was first introduced (...nah!), but there's plenty of evidence by now that you can beat bosses while playing a channeling build just fine.
Really nice with sire of shards :)
Any chance to new melee strenght skill?
It's awesome. Although it looks like ball lightning, it seems to be quite different from ball lightning as the projectiles do very little damage comparing to the AoE, not the mention AoE can overlap while projectiles can't shotgun. And ball lightning deals multiple hits while ball burst focuses on burst damage.

But how about storm call? I can't find a reason to use storm call instead of storm burst at all. Storm burst is actually an advance storm call that you can control when to detonate the explosion (but you can't stack the explosion on the exact same location). Maybe storm call need a rework? The delay mechanism really hurts. At least make something like "the more marks on the same location, the larger the radius of the AoE will be" to make it really different from other skills and worthwhile to be used.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I think there is a mistake in the description of the skill. Slowing the projectiles should not increase the distance of targets reached but increasing the speed will?
Why would i ever add cwc fire/cold spell + elemental equilibrium? Isnt this spell about multiple overlapping explosions and ee would only reduce damage from each explosions except first?
Not a signature.
unoriginal and boring.
shine but boring, why not make a new method skill type.....

pls don't use the old method to make the new skin skill again.....
Last edited by fkk4283 on Jul 12, 2017, 2:43:52 AM
This looks like the new bladeflurry for casters. Or something. It's gonna be OP>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info