[3.2] 2H Warchief - SSF/HC/Starter [Berserker] - All Content (?) (Videos)

"
MeruP wrote:
After a bit of herpderping with a build I can say that:

I am not sure that kaoms roots are a viable choice. Having +30movspeed makes a lot of a difference, especially if you fight things like atziri. Though I prefer to run over leapslamming, maybe that's the issue. Also sockets man... This build can get away without some sockets, but I feel castrated with kaoms :D
Then I bought best rolled Meginord's belt but found "The Magnate" studded belt to be better option DPS and Resist-wise.

Also while i already use end-game passive tree, I doubt that "switching" is really required.

I do recommend Leap Slamming everywhere yes, as you can see in my gameplay video.

As for the Magnate, is a fine enough belt if you lack res, and I'll include it in the build should anyone prefer that, but be aware that the dps increase is tiny and not having life on belt is a significant trade-off.
Once you take Ancestral Bond at level 27-28, what is the mechanic for doing dps, just the totem? I took this skill, found I could do no damage and had to burn a refund to be able to play again. How does the build do anything after this with just the one totem? Seems like things like Leap Slam will do nothing.
"
random7 wrote:
Once you take Ancestral Bond at level 27-28, what is the mechanic for doing dps, just the totem? I took this skill, found I could do no damage and had to burn a refund to be able to play again. How does the build do anything after this with just the one totem? Seems like things like Leap Slam will do nothing.

After you take it, you can have two totems. Basically you place a totem near mobs and run away, periodically using warcries to restore hp and boost dps. But don't run too far. Regardless of the Ancestral Bond, leapslam is mainly for movement. Fortify will still work with leapslam and you can still use it to open containers.

Some people play it by leapslamming into a group of mobs and then warcry+place totems nearby, then leapslam further but personally I am getting rekt more often than not if I do so in yellow+maps. But my gear sux, I expect to be able to do so too at later point.

Btw since you run around dodging stuff while your totems do the work, I fell in love with anti-bleed pantheon.

Edit: speaking of damage, totems should not deal less damage than you did pre Ancestral Bond. Perhaps you forgot to throw away whatever damaging skills you are using and putting all support gems on Warchief. Remember to have a 2hand weap with high physical dps, preferably an axe.
Last edited by MeruP on Aug 13, 2017, 3:08:11 AM
Hello again, i am completely lost with your skill tree on the guide. One in path of building is completely different instead of the one in the forum. Wich one is the good one ?
I've been following this build since 3.0 came out.

I noticed that the Passive Skill tree changed, so I made sure to respect as needed.

Now I am level 69, and (including all side missions for skill points) and I am past what is documented. At peak, I am doing 20k damage, not 350k.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
"
not12listen wrote:

I noticed that the Passive Skill tree changed, so I made sure to respect as needed.

Now I am level 69, and (including all side missions for skill points) and I am past what is documented. At peak, I am doing 20k damage, not 350k.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

I am not an expert on this build but...
Have you finished all 4 labyrinths/ascended 4 times?
Do you have at least best rolled Kaom's primacy axe?
Do you have your warchief on at least 5link?
Have you leveled all warchief+links gems?

Without any of that you will not reach 300k dps. Plus there are other factors I haven't mentioned. I have all of that and even more and I am still at ~120k dps (without warcry or a potential ascendancy buff and no flask) (which proved to be enough for atziri/uber izaro)

Also remember that you have 2 totems. Each of them deals as much dps as tooltip shows and they buff each other when you have two close enough.

-----
But to be honest on a half-decent or SSF gear I think 350K dps as a lower margin is a bit unrealistic. For example I have bought my axe, yet I am not at 300kdps and from what I have found myself I saw nothing that came close to this axe DPS-wise (I have found this axe too but that one is poorly rolled).
Also for a theoretical gear 300k is likely comes as a sum of all possible factors (like ascendancy buff, having you stand close enough for totem buff to work, using warcries etc.) and is not a raw dps of two totems (that I personally hoped for)

-----
Btw 1st post shows 2 warcries+increased duration. A decent 4th link for this is increased AOE
On the other hand, increased AoE on warchief? I don't see why would that ever be needed. Even with concentrated effect totems have enough reach to destroy mob pack of any size without having to re-summon them.
Last edited by MeruP on Aug 14, 2017, 7:57:30 AM
"
Matriuso wrote:
Hello again, i am completely lost with your skill tree on the guide. One in path of building is completely different instead of the one in the forum. Wich one is the good one ?

The PoB link is outdated. I've removed it.

"
not12listen wrote:

What am I missing?

Thanks.

From a cursory glance:

* You still have a few damage nodes left to take
* Your gem levels are low
* You're using Stone Golem instead of Lightning Golem
* You're using Herald of Ice instead of Hatred
* You've only done Cruel Lab
* You only have a 4L
* None of your jewelries gives +phys
* You have no jewels whatsoever
* Your weapon has a low roll
* No Meginold's or Deidbellow
* No Lion's Roar or Atziri's Promise
* Warchief real DPS (since you have 2) is more than double what you see on tool tip
* Tooltip in-game is also never actually accurate

Do all of this and your gear actually hits 350k DPS.
Last edited by CynthiaCrescent on Aug 14, 2017, 7:49:06 AM
"
MeruP wrote:
But to be honest on a half-decent or SSF gear I think 350K dps as a lower margin is a bit unrealistic. For example I have bought my axe, yet I am not at 300kdps and from what I have found myself I saw nothing that came close to this axe DPS-wise (I have found this axe too but that one is poorly rolled).

If you're not SSF you should be trading. If you're SSF you should be crafting. Also yes the DPS is calculated from you having all your buffs up, though since you're playing Warchief there's literally nothing else for you to do but keep all your buffs up.

"

Btw 1st post shows 2 warcries+increased duration. A decent 4th link for this is increased AOE
On the other hand, increased AoE on warchief? I don't see why would that ever be needed. Even with concentrated effect totems have enough reach to destroy mob pack of any size without having to re-summon them.

It's for pure QoL, the same reason we take Amplify. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.
The point about AoE in warchief link is:
Totems reach all the mobs in packs of any size not only without AoE gem, but also with a gem that reduces AoE. So I don't see where the QoL is. So to me it seems like by using this gem we are sacrificing DPS for nothing.

Sure, I don't have to use it, but why would this gem ever be an option is unclear.

Having this AoE gem in your warcries, on the other hand, is pretty vital cause warcry strength varies depending on how many mobs you covered by a warcry. Without it, you must leapslamm in the middle of a pack for decent results, but I don't see how this build can survive that. I just did this on a blue pack in atziri map for the sake of testing and got totally annihilated.
Last edited by MeruP on Aug 14, 2017, 8:13:45 AM
"
random7 wrote:

What do you mean you could do no damage? The totems literally destroy everything once you get ancestral bond, provided you don't use a very underleveled 2-handed weapon. And you can spawn two totems, not one. Leap slam becomes a movement skill after that and nothing else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info