Weekly Beta Report Four

ayy nue mtx system

Hope it actually works this time
猿も木から落ちる。
원숭이도 나무에서 떨어질 때가 있다.
Even monkeys fall from trees.

Started playing beta in March 2013, quit in March 2014, came back in March 2017, and is addicted ever since. (inb4 I quit in March 2018 (lol didn't happen yay))
"
Qarl wrote:
"
leeber wrote:
Hey Qarl, if you don't mind me asking and are able to confirm/deny it, have the drop rates for pre-maps been altered somehow?

Judging by the records I've kept, there seems to be a very significant decrease in the number of rares dropped. Large discrepancy through many instance run tests, compared to my notes from Standard. Though it could just be a very large bad-luck streak on my end.

There are no intentional changes. My instinct would be that people are merely incorrect about getting fewer drops. However I will make sure we investigate, as I would not want to miss something critical just because it was highly unlikely.

The problem may simply be there being less strong monsters relative to the massive areas that were added?
What's the reason for The Battlefront in Act 8!?

I've gone round all NPC and i don't have a quest or anything asking me to go there, it just seems like it's a pointless zone. ?

Unless this is intentionally designed as a farming zone, from 1 end to the other rinse&repeat really easily? Seems out of place....
"
Janes50 wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
leeber wrote:
Hey Qarl, if you don't mind me asking and are able to confirm/deny it, have the drop rates for pre-maps been altered somehow?

Judging by the records I've kept, there seems to be a very significant decrease in the number of rares dropped. Large discrepancy through many instance run tests, compared to my notes from Standard. Though it could just be a very large bad-luck streak on my end.

There are no intentional changes. My instinct would be that people are merely incorrect about getting fewer drops. However I will make sure we investigate, as I would not want to miss something critical just because it was highly unlikely.

The problem may simply be there being less strong monsters relative to the massive areas that were added?

The difference is noticeable from level 1. The new acts do also seem to have very low Item Rarity, but judging from the statistics I've picked up so far, it's not just the new acts, but the old 1-4 as well.

It almost seems like whatever item drop balance exists between maps/nonmaps got broken.

Last edited by leeber on Jul 5, 2017, 11:09:37 PM
"
Kevlasaurus wrote:
What's the reason for The Battlefront in Act 8!?

I've gone round all NPC and i don't have a quest or anything asking me to go there, it just seems like it's a pointless zone. ?

Unless this is intentionally designed as a farming zone, from 1 end to the other rinse&repeat really easily? Seems out of place....

It's there so that it doesn't matter if you go to Lunaris or Solaris first.

If you go to Lunaris first, then you can get to the bridge from Solaris, through the Battlefront.

If you go to Solaris first, then you can get to the bridge from Lunaris, through the Barracks.
In a response to an earlier post i also thought i noticed less rares dropping overall. I then looked thru them and realized that i wasnt getting less rares, i was getting less usable ones. It seems the addition of the the new mods makes finding resists a LOT harder. I personally dont care but i can see this being a pain point for less experiencd players who dont know about masters or jewels right away. Also they probably think 50% resists as opposed to 75 resists isnt a big deal when in reality it actually is. The complexity of defenses may be tough for a new player. Apologies for typos, replying via phone.
Last edited by Gr33kG33k on Jul 5, 2017, 11:19:17 PM
If you don't like lab, don't do it and pay someone to run you through uber if you too terrible to do it yourself. I love lab, and if my terrible ass can do labs deathless after deathless i'm sure you can also.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
leeber wrote:

Reached Act 8 tonight. If you were to ask me, I'd say there is something amiss with rare drops. They are few and far between. Jewelers seem low as well. Even when rares drop, I have been unable to 4 socket them.

However, white/blue 6 socket items are now starting to hit the ground here and there so I now have two rare 4-links on my self-found gear. Prior two this was using a white 4 link armor that I through an Alch at... for +10 strength and 22 life. Not a very good piece of gear for level 55.
Good! Hoping the new MTX system will work properly this time. Still waiting for it since then.
next week wipe, next week wipe, next week wipe and next week wipe really?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info