Weekly Beta Report Four

"
leeber wrote:
Hey Qarl, if you don't mind me asking and are able to confirm/deny it, have the drop rates for pre-maps been altered somehow?

Judging by the records I've kept, there seems to be a very significant decrease in the number of rares dropped. Large discrepancy through many instance run tests, compared to my notes from Standard. Though it could just be a very large bad-luck streak on my end.

There are no intentional changes. My instinct would be that people are merely incorrect about getting fewer drops. However I will make sure we investigate, as I would not want to miss something critical just because it was highly unlikely.

"
Qarl wrote:
"
leeber wrote:
Hey Qarl, if you don't mind me asking and are able to confirm/deny it, have the drop rates for pre-maps been altered somehow?

Judging by the records I've kept, there seems to be a very significant decrease in the number of rares dropped. Large discrepancy through many instance run tests, compared to my notes from Standard. Though it could just be a very large bad-luck streak on my end.

There are no intentional changes. My instinct would be that people are merely incorrect about getting fewer drops. However I will make sure we investigate, as I would not want to miss something critical just because it was highly unlikely.

Cool, thanks.

Because I'm averaging roughly 1.7 rares per instance when I go through acts 6-8, which seems very low considering how much larger many of their areas are than the current live counterparts.

This is also roughly the rate I got from testing with Ridge runs. Out of 45 runs of it, The most I got from a single instance was 7 rares when I had a rough exile in the map, and had 9 instances where I had 0.
Last edited by leeber on Jul 5, 2017, 9:40:22 PM
Very much looking forward to the new mtx system!!
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I've noticed this as well. If I don't kill every single essence mob and then use those pseudo alchs on gear I never even have a full set of rare gear before piety.
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
Thanks for the update! Hopefully everything goes smooth with the mtx system implementation :)
"
Arrogant wrote:
I've noticed this as well. If I don't kill every single essence mob and then use those pseudo alchs on gear I never even have a full set of rare gear before piety.

Yeah, I've had two characters get to somewhere in Act 3 before getting a full set of rare gear.

Not even relevant rare gear, I just intentionally picked up the first rare of each slot that I could find. One got to Crematorium, and one got to Lunaris.
"
Qarl wrote:
... This will include significant performance improvements... There will likely be more performance improvements after this update... (for example, related to ground effects)... the new Microtransaction system...

This post is so much win !

Well done guys, I cannot wait !
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
every wave get wipe?
Dominating blow has only been nerfed since it made its appearance in the game

And it's still untouched in the beta while Melee and summoner skill got buffed

Can we expect a Dom blow buff or rework in the near future ?
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
ooeodkuungoo wrote:
every wave get wipe?

No, it's unlikely there will be any more beta wipes, unless they really need to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info