[3.0] The Azure Knight, Assassin version (Blade Flurry/Frost Blades/Life/Crit/Conversion)

Your Elemental Weakness is linked with Increased area of Effect support gem. When an active skill is supported by this kind of support gem its mana cost goes up. It's the same with curses, when linked to a support gems the mana reserved goes up.
Just take the support gem out and you will be able to have Curse + Hatred + Arctic Armor
Last edited by iktose on Sep 25, 2017, 10:57:25 AM
Aah thank you, now this makes sense when I think about it. :)
How do you guys get millions of dps ? I could only get to 42k dps, thats what the tooltip says, and 30% resistance penetration.
Tooltip is bugged as in, it doesn't show dps but hit damage (it ignores attack speed), it calculates dps with claw and off-hand which isn't boosted by all the claw nodes (even if skill cannot use the off-hand if its a mace), and doesn't include more damage per stage.
To get real dps numbers, you have to import your character into Path of Building and select appropriate configuration options.

But 42k tooltip is a decent number :) I assume it's with Conc on and fully buffed? Because if not, then you must have some monstrous gear.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Last edited by Bristoling on Sep 25, 2017, 2:31:08 PM
My tooltip says 15.5k avg damage or dmg per use in character sheet. This is with auras + conc effect but without flasks (in hideout) but PoB says 2.5 M DPS.
As Bristoling said : do not trust the in game tooltip it doesn't shows your actual DPS.
Well, i am using 2 weapons, for 1 sword i paid 1ex, and for the second i paid like 5 chaos. I am using frost blades + 4 support gems for damage + blood magic on body armour (kind of shitty, bad for act 8+, but 6 linked sockets), flame (?) golem for damage, all mana reserved for hatred, heralds of ice and fire. Only 3k hp, resistances - 75% fire, 75% cold, 50% lightning, -60% chaos, which leaves me vulnerable to bosses, i cant even do merc labs to get more points, because i get oneshoted by boss, but i can clear the rest very fast.

I was wondering if it was possible/worth using 2 more auras with blood magic to reserve hp and do energy shield build, but then chaos damage would be instant death, or i would need to compromise and use one of the items that make chaos damage not skip shield, because CI passive skill to get rid of chaos damage would not work with hp reservation.

How much hp/shield do you guys have at various levels, like 50, 70 ? Do you go for hp/shield on all items ?
I'm not sure if you've commented in a wrong thread, but this build doesn't really use swords, or Blood Magic for that matter. Especially with Frost Blades, where Touch of Anquish is pretty much BiS weapon for cleaspeed, which is the main focus of Frost Blades skill. Maybe if you wanted to go with ToA+Rare weapon, to benefit from added chain but still get a weapon upgrade over dual ToA.

Reserving life is also a bad idea on attack builds, since you want as much of it as you can possibly get, and reserving it is counteintuitive.

If you posted in a wrong thread, I won't be able to help unless I have knowledge of the build in question. If you want to follow this build but using swords, let me know, so that me or someone else in this thread can help you out with and try to build a version that is alternative to claws. If so, making your character public will help a lot.
My build guides:

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Hello ppl!

When I started this char I thought that I'm going to have an awesome damage, I'm level 93 with almost perfect items, my dps now ( pathofbuilding ) is avg: 24306 skilldps: 171896. I'm not feeling that is great because some bosses still delete me, maybe I'm not doing the correct mechanics but, Is any wrong in my build or my items? Have I reach the top dps in this build?.

Please some expert could take a look and help me?

Thanks a lot and regards!
Your PoB stats:
5043 life
1.7 million dps to Shaper/Guardian with 6 stage BF, Power charges, Frost Bomb, Vaal Haste, Totem.
Without Taste of Hate, as it's going to be easier for me to calculate your raw resistances, which are:
1 fire/31 cold/8 lightning resistance over cap.

Gear: Your jewels are spot on. Amulet is a beast etc., uniques are all solid but easiest upgrades would be:
- Belt. I know that extra damage is amazing, but chaos resist isn't really necessary. You can get Leather Belt or Rustic Sash with explicit 70+ life, tri-res for a total of 100 elemental resistance and space or WED already built in for around 25-50c. Getting similar belt to yours with 30 lightning resistance instead of 26 chaos and a bit less WED (36->20) will reduce your dps to 1.67kk.
- Boots. Same deal as with the belt, you can cheaply get boots with over 110 elemental resistance and over 80 life. Movement speed isn't very relevant. I'm gonna replace yours with 35 fire/cold/light res boots, no movespeed but with 80 life - good, cheap, still very easy to upgrade. 5070 life.
- With both above changes, you will no longer need Sentinel node and jewel above it. 5 saved points can be put into more life nodes around Constitution. 5361 life, 1.61kk dps, 26% fire res over cap, 8% cold res over cap, 14% light res over cap.
- Replace Will of Blades with Aspect of the Panther - 5393 life, 1.63kk dps. Will isn't worth taking if you don't have points left for Sleight of Hand.
- You have Blasphemy Enfeeble and self cast Elemental Weakness, but you are limited to 1 curse without amulet corruption/node on the tree. Replace Enfeeble with Weakness. 1.63->1.75kk dps.
- Your Frost Bomb/Vortex CwDT setup is way overleveled, which means it doesn't trigger as often. I've seen some people run level 1 CwDT with gems of appropriate level, and myself I use CwDT level 2, which is still very low. I must have probably leveled it once by mistake and didn't have Scour orb to reduce it :D This also reduces the intelligence requirement.
- You can try putting Immortal Call into Frost Bomb/Vortex setup, replacing AoE gem. I've found it improved my survivability as well, but haven't updated the guide yet.
- You can reduce the level of Elemental Weakness - since curse effect is reduced vs bosses, you might go as low as level 16 without any change in effect vs Shaper/Guardian type of monster. This allows you to replace Le Heup of All with a rare ring, I guess you know how to use search filters, but just in case: http://poe.trade/search/hehuroniwokauk
I found Demon Spiral ring with 14 fire res, 44 cold, 47 light, 76 life, 242 accuracy and free space for physical craft, lets say 4-8 added. This would put you at 5585 life and 1.74kk dps. Resistances over cap: 10/22/31.
- Your second ring has good dps stats, but no life and low resists. Fortunately, having low amount of resists, makes it easy to upgrade it for quite cheap: http://poe.trade/search/hehuroniwokauk
For example, Eagle Loop ring for 20c, 44 strength, 295 accuracy, 69 life, 22 fire res, 8 all res, 4-7 physical damage. With it, you are at 5872 life, 1.69kk dps, 25/15/24 resistances over cap.

Result: over +800 life, less then 5% loss of damage - better overcapped resistances.
With more flat accuracy on the gear, you can also unspec Eagle Eye for smaller life nodes by Marauder start or Revenge of the Hunted for 6095 life and 1.6kk dps.
https://pastebin.com/NyRhwmCQ

If you need currency to afford all upgrades, I would sell your total perfect ToA. Quick check puts them at around 10+ exalted, which will let you get much better ring/belt/boots upgrades as well as leave some currency for a good rare claw.

TL:DR
You don't have enough flat life on gear, or resistances which you tried to fill up with alternative nodes which isn't effective at all. Its better to get more flat life/resistances on gear then go full dps mode.
My build guides:

Last edited by Bristoling on Sep 28, 2017, 2:41:10 PM
Ou yeah!

Thanks a lot for all the help!

Exactly I changed my life nodes the last night ( I had 5,5k life without sentinel etc , I did a lot of changes ) I was looking to check a high "dps build", I can delete packs ( like before ) but with bosses is not a big difference, now I think is better to look for the survival way; Why chaos resistances are not important?
Anyway I'm going to follow all of your advices ( I have a lot of money, so looking for great equipment is not a problem ). I notify you with the changes.

Thanks again and regards!

PD: How Immortal Call works, it's said that I need endurance charges, I presume that I obtain this charges with "enduring cry", isn't it?

I test a 520+ claw and my dps decreased compared to ToA.
Last edited by Ecoscuro on Sep 28, 2017, 4:05:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info