[3.0] The Azure Knight, Assassin version (Blade Flurry/Frost Blades/Life/Crit/Conversion)

In other news, I made it to level 68, bought my Cospri's, and used all my saved up refund points to spec out of claws and phys and got elemental damage and more crit.

And... now my damage is poop. The build works in theory; seeing all the various cold skill procs is a lot of fun, it's exactly what I wanted. But my tooltip DPS on Frost Blades dropped from 11k unbuffed to around 5.5k. The lack of physical damage on the sword really made that big a difference.

Plus, there is a significant lack of leech now that all the physical damage is gone (and a lot of it came from claws, too), so survivability is poop. Good flasks have kept me going through a few Tier 1 maps, but the fact that they seem to be the pinnacle of my available content right now is a pretty bad sign lol.

So, I guess it's time to gather my Regrets and spec back out of the CoC. I gave it an honest try, but this is not the build for it. Bristoling, I might take you up on your offer now, although I would rather pay you for the orbs than take them for free. You can let me know the exchange rate.
@Bristoling

I'm not sure how physical life leech works with conversion. Since we convert most, if not all, of our physical damage to elemental, is leech from physical attacks trivial?

For example: Vaal Claw has "2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life" how does that work? After conversion? So basically nothing?

I'm trying to figure out which claws to focus on crafting. Right now I prefer Gemini Claw, but that's on the assumption that the physical leech sucks.

One more question-
I noticed that you don't recommend a health flask in your main post's flask section. This is the first time I've used VP - how do you handle blood rage, especially when afflicted with Vulnerability without a life flask to top you off between packs, or if you want to ID some items etc. (also in trials/lab)??

Thanks!
IGN: JooksOne
Timezone: PST(USA)
Last edited by Jooksone on Sep 17, 2017, 10:31:38 PM
Since after conversion we are left over with 10% physical damage, it still does work, but the amount is so pitiful I would always consider physical leech as a dead stat.

That's why claws with life gain or hit are preferred, the bonus isn't that great but it makes enough difference, you can see how strong it is if you run a no leech map.

Best claws are either Gemini, Throat Stabbed or Imperial. Since a lot of damage comes from added physical (jewelry, Abyssus), attack speed is a bit more important - you might have more total dps with a 1.9 aps and 300dps claw instead of 1.7aps 315dps, for example.

In lab trials it is advised to have at least one life flask, maybe even 2 :) if you have Blood Rage in your weapons, you can swap weapon sets twice to disable it easily, I do it frequently :) Keep in mind that your auras socketed there will also stop working, so you might want to have them in boots or gloves for example.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Spoiler
"
Bristoling wrote:
Since after conversion we are left over with 10% physical damage, it still does work, but the amount is so pitiful I would always consider physical leech as a dead stat.

That's why claws with life gain or hit are preferred, the bonus isn't that great but it makes enough difference, you can see how strong it is if you run a no leech map.

Best claws are either Gemini, Throat Stabbed or Imperial. Since a lot of damage comes from added physical (jewelry, Abyssus), attack speed is a bit more important - you might have more total dps with a 1.9 aps and 300dps claw instead of 1.7aps 315dps, for example.

In lab trials it is advised to have at least one life flask, maybe even 2 :) if you have Blood Rage in your weapons, you can swap weapon sets twice to disable it easily, I do it frequently :) Keep in mind that your auras socketed there will also stop working, so you might want to have them in boots or gloves for example.

Thanks, good info. I like the bloodrage swap suggestion, I hadn't thought of that.
IGN: JooksOne
Timezone: PST(USA)
Hi, somehow I cannot get all of the three Auras to work.
Arctic Armor is no issue, but Hatred combined with Elemental Weakness drains my mana pool so much I only have like 8 Mana left, not enough to attack with Blade Flurry which needs 14 Mana.

Am I missing something? Is my Level (currently 77) simply not high enough yet?
Probably you don't have Perfect Form armour, which reduces reservation of Arctic Armour. In this case, just use Hatred/Blasphemy :)
My build guides:

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
I have the perfect form. but still cannot use all three auras.
Can you make your characters public so I can see what's going on? If not then remember that other links you have also affect aura mana reservation, for example if you have Arctic Armour and CwDT + Immortal Call + Inc. Duration then duration might affect Arctic Armour so that it takes up mana where it shouldn't.
My build guides:

How can I make the profile public? Is it possible from mobile because im not at home atm. Thanks in advance btw for the offer of looking over my char. :)
How can I make the profile public? Is it possible from mobile because im not at home atm. Thanks in advance btw for the offer of looking over my char. :)

Edit: unchecked "hide character tab" and I hope you can access my chars now in my profile. :)

Thanks again in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info