Sao Paulo Server latency

Unplayable now, 175-300 ms

"
korn3957 wrote:

208.51.134.130 is on your ISP side of things. That jump is causing issues for you. Ignoring the fact that you have 3 jumps with packet loss, again, on your ISP side.

I want to thank GGG today because at least for me the connection seems to be very stable. On both sides. I'm playing from Argentina using Arnet with 50ms with no many lag spikes with 1mbps connection :)
Last edited by MinDokan on Oct 2, 2018, 10:30:52 PM
"
MinDokan wrote:
"
korn3957 wrote:

208.51.134.130 is on your ISP side of things. That jump is causing issues for you. Ignoring the fact that you have 3 jumps with packet loss, again, on your ISP side.

I want to thank GGG today because at least for me the connection seems to be very stable. On both sides. I'm playing from Argentina using Arnet with 50ms with no many lag spikes with 1mbps connection :)

That node is multiple providers removed from our server host. I will raise this with them, but it they will only be able to attempt to contact that party.

Also - I don't see any actual packet loss on that MTR output. It looks like the problem is extra latency being added.
"
aeisen wrote:

Hi Fitzy,

Sorry for all the trouble regarding the servers, we know this is no more fun for you than it is for us, but I do hope you understand our frustration when we can't seem to play the game we so much love and have (some of us) supported with money for quite a while now.
Having said that, and emphasizing on the fact that I know close to nothing about servers, I do know that being GGG 80% owned by Tencent (approximately), what you could do is to use another server that Tencent owns somewhere else.
I only know about Chile, because i'm from here, but I have knowledge that Tencent has the League of Legends -Riot- server here (I get about 7ms playing LoL). Also, not owned by Tencent, but when playing through steam, some games I get 5ms (CS-GO), but that may be different given that its steam.

Anyway, I'm not saying put the server in Chile because obviously that benefits us more than the rest probably and you have to consider the geographical distribution of people playing in the discussed region, but I though I could share my thoughts on the matter and maybe hope to help you.

P.S: Sorry in advance if I made any grammar mistakes..

Riot and Tencent are not operationally the same organisation. Tencent do run their own server offerings, but they don't have anything in South America.

I'm currently looking at options in Argentina, as players from that country make up the second largest group of players using the gateway, after Brazil.
"
danilomaldito wrote:

Is there any kind of documentation about the infrastructure you guys need?

We run mostly servers running Xeon E3 processors + 32GBs of memory.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
"
danilomaldito wrote:

I think that amount is little for the demands of the server today. the weekends become unplayable by the number of people who connect. In fact, my own computer has 32GB of memory...
"
leoass wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
"
danilomaldito wrote:

I think that amount is little for the demands of the server today. the weekends become unplayable by the number of people who connect. In fact, my own computer has 32GB of memory...

What evidences do you have to claim that 32 GBs is not enough? You have no idea what you're talking about lol, you need to analyze the system's memory usage through a couple days to say anything about that, which I very much doubt you can do. You can't just say "look there is a lot of stuff to do so 32 gigs is little hur dur". The only people who can say that 32GBs is enough or not is GGG and I doubt they would use 32GB if it wasn't enough.

Now to the topic. The server really is at a deplorable state. I have already lost a few uber lab runs, a couple of high value maps, and nearly died quite a bunch of times because of random DCs.
Fitzy, I have two suggestions:
- Would it be viable to open a new gateway nearby, preferably in another country? And I mean, as in keeping them both, perhaps downscaling one of them a little, to help cover the costs of the other one.
- How difficult would it be to, instead of DCing a player, try to switch gateways beforehand? Doesn't seem to be a complicated solution to the client side -- can't reach server, try another one. Just like when you join a party and go to an instance in another realm, but that swap would happen on the fly. Latency would go up, but in my opinion that is better than disconnecting someone.

The second one requires some effort because it would need client network modifications but I believe it would improve QoL a lot for a bunch of players on unstable realms, not just Brazil.
"
leoass wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
"
danilomaldito wrote:

We have a large number of these.
R.I.P. Sao Paulo (tried another gateway and works fine):

Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
"
aeisen wrote:

Hi Fitzy,

Sorry for all the trouble regarding the servers, we know this is no more fun for you than it is for us, but I do hope you understand our frustration when we can't seem to play the game we so much love and have (some of us) supported with money for quite a while now.
Having said that, and emphasizing on the fact that I know close to nothing about servers, I do know that being GGG 80% owned by Tencent (approximately), what you could do is to use another server that Tencent owns somewhere else.
I only know about Chile, because i'm from here, but I have knowledge that Tencent has the League of Legends -Riot- server here (I get about 7ms playing LoL). Also, not owned by Tencent, but when playing through steam, some games I get 5ms (CS-GO), but that may be different given that its steam.

Anyway, I'm not saying put the server in Chile because obviously that benefits us more than the rest probably and you have to consider the geographical distribution of people playing in the discussed region, but I though I could share my thoughts on the matter and maybe hope to help you.

P.S: Sorry in advance if I made any grammar mistakes..

Riot and Tencent are not operationally the same organisation. Tencent do run their own server offerings, but they don't have anything in South America.

I'm currently looking at options in Argentina, as players from that country make up the second largest group of players using the gateway, after Brazil.

Any ETA? me and my entire guild quit the game already and will be good to know when you want open a new server.

When brazil was doing ok we play in predictive at 130ms from Argentina
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info