Not to beat a dead horse...

Wealth should be measured in permanent things that cannot be acquired later.

Raw currency? You can always find/farm/acquire more through trade.

Items? You can always find/farm/acquire more through trade.

Legacy items? Limited items? Reward items? These are limited. These are finite. These are important. It's why the "rich" in POE are willing to pay an arm and a leg to acquire them.

Spoiler

Outside of that, there's also the wealth of in-game experiences that you cannot put a price on:

Creating a six link on accident, randomly chancing a unique item, successfully vaaling an item with a highly desired mod, or personally dropping that rare unique worth multiple exalts.

And if nothing else, take this away from the thread: Anyone who tells you to define your gaming experience based upon your in-game wealth that is determined by a player market (read: fluctuates like fucking crazy and can go from 100-0 in a week's time) was not an owner of a legacy Mjolner.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Jun 29, 2017, 3:56:26 AM
Funny you post the asphyxias alt art, i got a 10c offer for mine this morning...
I kept trying to post my alt Alpha's Howl but it's not letting me link it for some odd reason. Can't determine why. Gave up and just left it at a random alt art.
Bring back race seasons.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
I kept trying to post my alt Alpha's Howl but it's not letting me link it for some odd reason. Can't determine why. Gave up and just left it at a random alt art.

"
Zynamo wrote:
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:

I know I could post it without incident if I took it out of the remove-only tab (which I'm loath to do). But when I try to post the Alpha it's giving me the stupid Asphyxia, despite the tab name, etc. all being accurate.

Must be a forum bug? I could definitely link it in an in-game chat. Now I'm starting to go crazy. WHAT IF IT'S NOT REAL? WHAT IF IT'S ACTUALLY AN ASPHYXIA?

This Alpha's Howl is an illusion, exile.
Bring back race seasons.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
refreign wrote:
But for real.. what would be an accurate scale for wealth? I did some searches in the forums a while back, and remember coming across a post that said 100-499 exalts was middle class and less was poor to very poor.

I once came across a post that said the world is flat.

Juuuust sayin'.

Also, being poor in a game is fun, because it doesn't mean you'll starve, have no where to live, or die if you get sick. Unlike real life, where that shit can still happen even if you're not poor.

Man, real life needs some serious balancing.

If GGG starts balancing Real Life, I'm not going to be able to afford clothes.
Last edited by OneAngryDonkey on Jun 29, 2017, 6:36:49 AM
I played maybe like 3.500 hours (2.800 on Steam but used the standalone client before). I played leagues since Ambush (SC only player). I usually have several chars 80+.

I never ever had more than ~5ex flat currency. I managed to get a 6L and good enough items to do endgame maps on most chars and was able to do Atziri and Uberlab on most normal builds. I usually lose interest in a char when it hits 85+ because the invest to change even a single item is usually too high.

I never tried MFing or one of the hypes like Meta Clearspeed builds so I might not be the best example here :)

Imho the time invest and the amount of preperation to really become wealthy is ridiculous. And even if you do it all, you will always be beaten by people who 6L on first few fuses (btw. I never 6linked an item in thousands of fusings) or who casually chance skyforths.
OP, consider the fact that only around 5%-10% of all players reach maps, and only around 1%-2% beat Shaper... Here is your answer.

If you need a personal example, I beat Shaper, and counting all gear and currency on all my characters from all leagues, my total wealth is around 30-40 ex. Never did any special farming or speedclearing, played the game at my own leisure with the main goal of completing atlas and playing highest tier maps when possible.
Last edited by MECHanokl on Jun 29, 2017, 7:10:18 AM
I feel like it is only a very very small amount of people who are actually rich in leagues and most usually have like a few ex.
I work with a guy who makes roughly $400k a year plus bonuses and he doesn't consider himself to be wealthy. PoE is the same, wealth is relative to where you're coming from, where you are, and people you compare yourself to. Only you can define what constitutes wealth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info