Just crashed in lab again... TWICE

"
SisterBlister wrote:
You should rather look at it from a business perspective:
The less you rely on "perfect" internet, the more people can play and enjoy your game. So: Creating content which is unforgiving regarding the customers' internet lowers your share of the market. And this is global, not just the market of "casuals" or "kids who want easier games" or whatever.

You are the one who needs to look at it from a business perspective. If you make the game playable offline, that just opens the door for tons of cheaters like what happened to Diablo II. The game is online only for a reason and like I said, if you don't have a reliable internet connection, online gaming is most likely NOT for you. You don't need perfect internet, you just need a connection that isn't bullshit.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Last edited by Wraeclastian on Jun 29, 2017, 5:18:43 PM
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
SisterBlister wrote:
The less you rely on "perfect" internet, the more people can play and enjoy your game. So: Creating content which is unforgiving regarding the customers' internet lowers your share of the market. And this is global, not just the market of "casuals" or "kids who want easier games" or whatever.

You are the one who needs to look at it from a business perspective. If you make the game playable offline, that just opens the door for tons of cheaters like what happened to Diablo II. The game is online only for a reason and like I said, if you don't have a reliable internet connection, online gaming is most likely NOT for you. You don't need perfect internet, you just need a connection that isn't bullshit.

Well there is a big diference. When u get a dc on the normal game/mapping u just log in back and continue to do whatever ur doing. In lab what is common is not dc (isp problems) but fatal crashes and especially instance crash that is GGG fault and u lost all the progress that for newer players can be a lot of time.
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
Well there is a big diference. When u get a dc on the normal game/mapping u just log in back and continue to do whatever ur doing. In lab what is common is not dc (isp problems) but fatal crashes and especially instance crash that is GGG fault and u lost all the progress that for newer players can be a lot of time.

Bullshit, I have run so many fucking maps and labs and I have never had this issue. It is YOUR ISP's fault, not GGG's fault. Also, because there are so many people with logout macros, they could exploit a lot more than they already do.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
IHellBoundI wrote:

Bullshit, I have run so many fucking maps and labs and I have never had this issue. It is YOUR ISP's fault, not GGG's fault. Also, because there are so many people with logout macros, they could exploit a lot more than they already do.

U dont know the diference between timeout/dc and instance crash. Instance crash u cannot join the same instance again. I had this 1 time in lab and several times on maps.
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
U dont know the diference between timeout/dc and instance crash. Instance crash u cannot join the same instance again. I had this 1 time in lab and several times on maps.

No, you are just upset because you have shitty internet and you want to blame GGG for it.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
SisterBlister wrote:

Where did that come from? Did anyone ask for POE to be playable offline in this thread?
You're just trying to gloss over the fact that you have no arguments. Or you're just white-knighting blindly. There is bound to be a better compromise to be found with the lab vs crash and/or dc but if nobody speaks up, GGG won't know it's an issue. So white-knighting fools only hurt GGG instead of "protecting" them from user feed back.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
I used to have the same issue, and during loading screens in lab game kept crashing which made it completely unplayable.

For me though i managed to fix the issue by switching to direct 9ex instead of direct 9.(10 just crashes all the time on me and cause lag)

Try switching it to see if it stops the game from crashing during loading time on the lab.

And I never had any issues with crashes in maps... just the lab.
"
trav_dawg wrote:
2nd time was in the last zone. Just felt the need to point out how bad the lab sucks. Thanks for reading, still would be nice if GGG culd eliminate this lab requirement for ascendancy for those of us that can't reliably load 10 consecutive instances with a high end PC.

Beta or Live Realm?
:)
If Beta? Point m00t.
Live Realm? That suck's dude. Sorry about that.
SUPPORT TAGS LIMIT REACHED!!?? - Fine then....
twitch.tv/amity13
Last edited by AmityXIII on Jun 29, 2017, 7:31:04 PM
"
SisterBlister wrote:
Where did that come from? Did anyone ask for POE to be playable offline in this thread?
You're just trying to gloss over the fact that you have no arguments. Or you're just white-knighting blindly. There is bound to be a better compromise to be found with the lab vs crash and/or dc but if nobody speaks up, GGG won't know it's an issue. So white-knighting fools only hurt GGG instead of "protecting" them from user feed back.

Well, the only thing to combat disconnections because you have a shitty internet connection is to make the game playable offline.

Plain and simple, get a good internet connection, stop trying to play PC games on a toaster, stay away from AMD products, and you won't experience all sorts of crashes.
Lab's main feature are traps

Running lab is a trap itself

what did you expected?
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info