Just crashed in lab again... TWICE

I have a newish computer with following main specs:

Windows 10
I7-6800K Processor
850w Power Supply
GeForce GTX 1080 video card
32GB DDR
PoE on SSD

Completely stable connection, approx. 35 latency at all times. I run PoE flawlessly with no frame hiccups or lockups. The ONLY times I will get kicked is switching rooms in the Lab, typically after Izaro fight, or when porting from a map to my hideout (never has happened the reverse way of porting from hideout to anywhere). I will get instant boot to desktop saying "PoE failed to respond". Not sure why it happens but just assumed something clashing between my new rig and PoE engine. I have yet to be booted on beta on any lab runs, so optimistic the new 3.0 release may fix whatever issue was causing it.
Crappily coded design of a crappy failed idea.
"
k1rage wrote:
Ok I have to ask?

am I the only one who rarely disconnects?

ive never disconnected during lab, I have disconnected twice during beta total and during legacy can cant remember any disconnects

where do you people live?

seriously the game is fairly stable for me (beta a little less so)

I live in atlanta, GA, using wasington DC gateway and I dc 2-3 times a day during my ~3 hours of gaming, lab or not o.O!
"
sinub801 wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
Ok I have to ask?

am I the only one who rarely disconnects?

ive never disconnected during lab, I have disconnected twice during beta total and during legacy can cant remember any disconnects

where do you people live?

seriously the game is fairly stable for me (beta a little less so)

I live in atlanta, GA, using wasington DC gateway and I dc 2-3 times a day during my ~3 hours of gaming, lab or not o.O!

Am I blessed?

Have my sacrifices to RNGesus paid off?
I dont see any any key!
Connection issues are all about your ISP and weather you get routed through some dumpster fire of a server somewhere or not.

If your connection is crap you can either change providers or wait and maybe you will get lucky the next time they perform maintenance and your connections get rerouted. If you want to take it a step further then you can Google how to do a pathping and find out which server it is that is screwing you then complain to your ISP about it. I've never complained about a server to my ISP myself so I'm not sure it will do any good, but if you are angry about your connection it maybe worth a try.
Last edited by beaniac on Jun 28, 2017, 3:46:43 PM
"
k1rage wrote:
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
Why would you want to eliminate lab? Ascendancy is awesome. There have been a lot of great ideas in other threads on how to alleviate the crash issues, hopefully they listen!

you can kill the lab without getting rid of ascendancy you silly goose

Did you just assume my bird gender?

Nah I know you can, but I still think Lab has a lot of great qualities. It's challenging, it requires a good amount of dexterity, and doesn't allow you to over level aspects of it since traps always do %. I can only speak for myself, but the only aspect of Lab that I cannot stand is the crashing that is somewhat of a regular occurrence.
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
Why would you want to eliminate lab? Ascendancy is awesome. There have been a lot of great ideas in other threads on how to alleviate the crash issues, hopefully they listen!

you can kill the lab without getting rid of ascendancy you silly goose

Did you just assume my bird gender?

Nah I know you can, but I still think Lab has a lot of great qualities. It's challenging, it requires a good amount of dexterity, and doesn't allow you to over level aspects of it since traps always do %. I can only speak for myself, but the only aspect of Lab that I cannot stand is the crashing that is somewhat of a regular occurrence.

I hate that traps do a %...

I dont see any any key!
I have never been disconnected in POE including labs. I live in Philippines with 5Mbps internet speed and a Core i3, 8GB RAM with 2GB built-in graphics. What I regularly encounter is that my laptop crashes while playing, I think this is due to my old laptop that easily get hot during playtime without AC running.
Maybe make lab 3 portals instead or just one?
Admittedly I don't know a ton about programming and game design, but would it be impossible for a game to determine whether a crash happens or a death happens? Seems like the former could generate a portal with the latter generate nothing. Is it exploitable via quick logout? I don't know, but that would be a fair and viable solution if it's feasible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info