Just crashed in lab again... TWICE

"
trav_dawg wrote:
2nd time was in the last zone. Just felt the need to point out how bad the lab sucks. Thanks for reading, still would be nice if GGG culd eliminate this lab requirement for ascendancy for those of us that can't reliably load 10 consecutive instances with a high end PC.

Not to be offensive but... how could someone afford high end supp packs but wont invest in PC hardware. it boggles me
Obviously you have a garbage PC and/or internet connection. The only time I have ever had issues with crashes is during the first few days of a major game update.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
Obviously you have a garbage PC and/or internet connection. The only time I have ever had issues with crashes is during the first few days of a major game update.

You're making pretty strong assumptions. I don't have the best PC but it's solid I'd say. Gtx1070, I7 3770k, 16gb ram. I would think it should handle a game like PoE.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
trav_dawg wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

You're making pretty strong assumptions. I don't have the best PC but it's solid I'd say. Gtx1070, I7 3770k, 16gb ram. I would think it should handle a game like PoE.

So then your internet connection sucks balls.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

This is something I see a lot: "It's not GGG's fault if your provider sucks."
While that is true, it *is* GGG's fault for designing content which assumes a constantly reliable internet connection.

I think GGG should add waypoints at the stash room prior to each Izaro fight to the lab and let you re-enter it like any map. Izaro should reset to full health so zerging isn't an option. That would be a fair compromise.
And yes, I do know some logout-macro-warriors will abuse this, but that's the price you pay for developing a game that needs to be played online.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

While that is true, it *is* GGG's fault for designing content which assumes a constantly reliable internet connection.

If you don't have a reliable internet connection, perhaps online gaming is NOT for you.
A Disconnect always sucks but obviously has nothing to do with the content being bad. You're just frustrated you dc'd, no reason to be angry at lab lol.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

If you don't have a reliable internet connection, perhaps online gaming is NOT for you.

You should rather look at it from a business perspective:
The less you rely on "perfect" internet, the more people can play and enjoy your game. So: Creating content which is unforgiving regarding the customers' internet lowers your share of the market. And this is global, not just the market of "casuals" or "kids who want easier games" or whatever.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
There is a difference between a dc and an instance crash. Instance crashes are on GGG's end, it is their fault and has nothing to do with anyone's internet. For maps, if you dc, you at least keep your portals: an instance crash destroys the instance entirely. And instance crashes happen A LOT, I have perosnally instance crashed shaper 4 times in a row on phase 3.

Obviously for lab the outcome is the same, but what I mean is that it isn't necessarily due to someone's internet being poor. Designing long iron man content like lab in an unstable online only game was a bad decision.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

kind of a hard line but I tend to agree

seriously PoE is super stable for me and my PC is old

my internet is really bad (at least by US standards) and I still get a ping of about 42-45 and I dont disconnect or crash

that being said beta screwed up on me a few times so far

but its a beta...
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info