Just crashed in lab again... TWICE

2nd time was in the last zone. Just felt the need to point out how bad the lab sucks. Thanks for reading, still would be nice if GGG culd eliminate this lab requirement for ascendancy for those of us that can't reliably load 10 consecutive instances with a high end PC.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Last edited by trav_dawg on Jun 27, 2017, 8:44:09 PM
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2017, 10:55:25 AM
Why would you want to eliminate lab? Ascendancy is awesome. There have been a lot of great ideas in other threads on how to alleviate the crash issues, hopefully they listen!
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
Why would you want to eliminate lab? Ascendancy is awesome. There have been a lot of great ideas in other threads on how to alleviate the crash issues, hopefully they listen!

you can kill the lab without getting rid of ascendancy you silly goose
I dont see any any key!
Honestly I have such a bad taste in my mouth regarding lab that I doubt there is any change GGG could make that would make me enjoy it anymore. Every time I need to complete lab it's a big ordeal of disconnects until I eventually manage to squeak through. I'm sure GGG looks at the numbers and says "look people are running lab, they must enjoy it!" which is so obviously not true. People run lab because they're forced to, many of them hate every minute of it (myself included)
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
I actually love the idea of LAB. I even like running it....

I am ok with starting over due to my own stupid misstep.

I am ok with losing progress due to the OCCASIONAL lag or disconnect. It happens. Nothing is perfect.

This is not occasional. This makes me hate Lab. And I am one of the people who actually likes the gameplay of Lab.
Lul.
Ok I have to ask?

am I the only one who rarely disconnects?

ive never disconnected during lab, I have disconnected twice during beta total and during legacy can cant remember any disconnects

where do you people live?

seriously the game is fairly stable for me (beta a little less so)
I dont see any any key!
I disconnect anywhere from none at all to 3-4 times an attempt. But this is on my end, because I'm on shitty satellite internet (I live in the country at the moment sadly, hoping to move by tax season), and my plan is 12gb a month, and then throttled into oblivion. We go through 3-4gb a day. Should hopefully be better for me once I upgrade to the 150gb plan in a few days though.

When I was on cable internet, I got a disconnect in lab maybe once per 6 runs. Not bad at all.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
"
k1rage wrote:
Ok I have to ask?

am I the only one who rarely disconnects?

ive never disconnected during lab, I have disconnected twice during beta total and during legacy can cant remember any disconnects

where do you people live?

seriously the game is fairly stable for me (beta a little less so)

I never disconnect, my network connection is stable as a rock.

On the other hand I had something like 5 game crashes last night while loading new zones. In my eyes this is the real problem, not the Lab. I don't know what changed to cause this to start happening, but it is a problem.
Disconnects in lab aren't always related to connectivity issues. There's something with the coding - the pre-loadind of zones and the storage/access of these to/by the operative memory or the HDD.
Can't tell exactly where their problem is, nor is my business, but there's something.

When I enter lab there's severe stutter, every time. And lab crashes strike while changing zones, never in a certain area already loaded on the PC.
Or at least it's my personal experience.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info