[3.5] Death by a Thousand Cuts - Frost Blades & Blade Flurry Raider

"
Kekkyu wrote:
Looking for alternate choices :
(atm for this stuff my PoB sim for Molten strike Melee hit / Magma is : 218750 / 111003)

- The scourge x2 : Is the implicit "Life On Hit" replaced by the "% of physical damage", an important loss ? We strike pretty fast ... so i was wondering (and maybe then take Vaal Pact as extra node to compensate ?)
(Molten strike Melee hit / Magma is : 246560 / 123142)

- Touch of Anguish x2 : Very good claws, can be compared to Wasp Nest.
(Molten strike Melee hit / Magma is : 224315 / 112902)

- Rare Claw x2 : Can't find claws better than wasp nest ... if anyone has some ideas ? I have searched for some Edps, some Pdps... What are the stats i should aim for to have a significant upgrade ?

And for a defensive build, anyone has some ideas ? I found this build pretty squishy... Maybe with a good shield and a good 1H weapon ?

If anyone knows how i can upgrade my current gear, don't hesitate !

(sorry for english mistakes, not very good at it)

You don't have Phase Acrobatics. You don't have a Quartz Flask. Your Belly has a very low life roll. Your gloves and boots have low life. Your tree has less life than recommended.

The Scourge are the best unique claws in this case, though they can be expensive.

Rare claws with high PDPS, attack speed, and crit multi can be better than the Scourge, but these are only for min-maxers.
Last edited by CynthiaCrescent on Dec 30, 2017, 6:27:54 AM
Thanks a lot ! Gonna change all of this :)
i was wondering if the 4 nodes to get Dervish, in the bottom of the tree, weren't better in Fury Bolts ? To get more Projectile Damage (because the balls of the molten strike do more damage than the initial hit), what do you think ?

Edit : Why is the Quartz Flask better than the Silver Flask ? Win Onslaught gives Phasing with the ascendency and the attack speed gives more life regen. The 10% dodge and dodge spell is that good ?

Edit 2 : the Scourge is the best for DPS, but do you think the loss of the "40 life gained for each enemy hit by attacks" isn't a big nerf ?
Last edited by Kekkyu on Dec 30, 2017, 7:36:56 AM
"
Kekkyu wrote:
i was wondering if the 4 nodes to get Dervish, in the bottom of the tree, weren't better in Fury Bolts ? To get more Projectile Damage (because the balls of the molten strike do more damage than the initial hit), what do you think ?

Edit : Why is the Quartz Flask better than the Silver Flask ? Win Onslaught gives Phasing with the ascendency and the attack speed gives more life regen. The 10% dodge and dodge spell is that good ?

Edit 2 : the Scourge is the best for DPS, but do you think the loss of the "40 life gained for each enemy hit by attacks" isn't a big nerf ?

1. Fury Bolts is also good. I prefer Dervish's attack speed, but either is fine/

2. You get Phasing for free already. Yes, 10% dodge is very good.

3. 40 Life is nothing.
Last edited by CynthiaCrescent on Dec 30, 2017, 7:55:13 AM
40 by enemy hit by your attacks, we do almost 4 attacks per second, on each hand, 320 life per second in single target doesn't seem that bad (or i'm completely wrong and this isn't how it works ^^')
We get comparable increase in leeching just by increasing our DPS.
Well of course in term of life return life leech is superior to LGOH.

However LGOH is instant and adds on top of leech to your total life per second. On multi-target LGOH is quite insane in my opinion. On single target it seems to be a nice buff to total life per second.

With 10 attacks per second and 40 LGOH on each weapon, it's 800 life per second on top of life leech.

To sum up : LGOH is negligible regarding total amount recovered versus life leech, but is speeding the life recovery rate.
Having multiple source of life recovery is good, so is multi source of damage mitigation.

Pure evade is dice rolling & I never felt comfy. I do put blind on hit support on both tempest shield & Ancestoral Protector to massively enhance evasion.

I got this shield dirt cheap of 1c, & it allow be to facetank, with the 4% max life recovery on block.

Not bad for something that is 1c.
ToA vs Scourge? Which one is better? In poe.trade ToA has about 260 dps, which is as much as medium-good rolled scourge and scourge like this goes for about 50C +
Also, can someone give me a hint what should i upgrade in my equipment next? Belly 6L seems expensive atm for me. All hints appreciated. Also RN i have balanced resistances for Oak, so might be hard to change one item without breaking setup :). Very cool build, I am enjoying it very much, even uber izaro melts like butter.

Cheers!
"
"
Kekkyu wrote:
Looking for alternate choices :
(atm for this stuff my PoB sim for Molten strike Melee hit / Magma is : 218750 / 111003)

- The scourge x2 : Is the implicit "Life On Hit" replaced by the "% of physical damage", an important loss ? We strike pretty fast ... so i was wondering (and maybe then take Vaal Pact as extra node to compensate ?)
(Molten strike Melee hit / Magma is : 246560 / 123142)

- Touch of Anguish x2 : Very good claws, can be compared to Wasp Nest.
(Molten strike Melee hit / Magma is : 224315 / 112902)

- Rare Claw x2 : Can't find claws better than wasp nest ... if anyone has some ideas ? I have searched for some Edps, some Pdps... What are the stats i should aim for to have a significant upgrade ?

And for a defensive build, anyone has some ideas ? I found this build pretty squishy... Maybe with a good shield and a good 1H weapon ?

If anyone knows how i can upgrade my current gear, don't hesitate !

(sorry for english mistakes, not very good at it)

You don't have Phase Acrobatics. You don't have a Quartz Flask. Your Belly has a very low life roll. Your gloves and boots have low life. Your tree has less life than recommended.

The Scourge are the best unique claws in this case, though they can be expensive.

Rare claws with high PDPS, attack speed, and crit multi can be better than the Scourge, but these are only for min-maxers.

So the scourge is bis ? and why ?
also thank's for the guide !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info