[3.5] Death by a Thousand Cuts - Frost Blades & Blade Flurry Raider

"
tyranius wrote:
Yeah, I have checked Frenzy and power charges on configuration. Still says added cold is about 3k higher than Ice Bite.

You shouldn't check power charges.
Either way Ice Bite looks better than Added Cold on my PoB. I'd share it but pastebin's kind of fucked up right now.
"
mbHamm wrote:
Awesome build, bro! Keep it up!

Sorry for asking, a bit noobish there, so be gentle to me please :D

The question itself: can this build be played through the new Oni-Goroshi sword?
Really interested in it.

Thank you!

This build will actually morphs back to a previous version of itself if one were to do this, funnily enough. You can certainly try it. Drop the claws and dual wield nodes and take the swords and vitality void cluster. 6L both your Frost Blades and Molten Strike. It'll work.
So I've got some pretty decent gear, have done the elder fight in red maps fairly easily on 5.6k HP.

gear

I think the only place to make a massive upgrade now is a helm enchant. I tried using a 340 pDPS claw with increased crit on pathofbuilding and it only gave me about 5% more DPS, and cost 6 exalts. ToA is definitely best in slot for this build until you are insanely rich.
Yeah in term of investment a helmet enchantment is better than a good rate claw.

Considering your gear, it seems you don't have onslaught anywhere. Try to put it somewhere with a gem or flask as you wish, it could be a nice buff to DPS.
"
xXSkyraverXx wrote:
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
xXSkyraverXx wrote:

I already have 1 jewel witch 0,4% mana leech, but it seems like it's not enough. When I am able to leech enough mana i will swap out my mana flask but until then I need it. I chose the Beltimber because it gives extra projectiles after using a movement skill. So i don't need a gmp in my Spectral Throw setup, furthermore this adds to the molten strike projectiles. Grelwood Shank gives 2 extra projectiles when hit recently, but since this is an evasion based character I can't see the point in playing it. It also gives Iron Reflexes while stationary, so I won't have any evasion left. Far shot on the Beltimber isn't a thing that I need, but I won't deal less damage with it. Grelwood would spare me 2 Skill Points at the full cost of my clearspeed. I think my weapon choice for this build is okay, but I am not good at evaluating what gear like rings or amulet would suit the best for my build.

Its your choice, just pointing out point blank is 50% more damage & what you want for MS. Iron reflex convert your evasion to armor, so you lose evasion but grant armor. But its your chpice at end of the day.

Engineering Eternity suggest Grelwood, maybe you want to have a look for a second thought.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSWrWS-xLyc&t=50s

Dude, take a look at my skill tree, I skilled Point Blank. What is the point in a weapon that gives point blank, but erases my mapclear setup just to save 1 point on the skilltree?
The build you linked is something totally different, it's not even ranger based. I want to use Spectral Throw for mapping as it is way faster than molten strike with ancestral call. I tried to build around dual wielding Beltimbers, so I can't see why I should change my weapons. Besides Grelwood doesn't fit into my setup. When I go into a map I have 1 Spectral Throw projectile, 1 dash with Whirling Blades and I have 5. I can clear large groups without them even reaching me. If I would play Grelwood I had to dash into mobs, then get hit and then I would be able to clear them. Now think about your weapon recommandation again.

If your focus is on the map clearing, then fair point, my perspoective is for single target. I am Not forcing my view on you, just present my point & all information I find.

I am here to provide my opinion, since you asked, not be argue or put down someone. If you have good reason, which you have in your statement above, then good, & we can see your perspective & we can see its sound.

Cheers

"
Zankai wrote:
Yeah in term of investment a helmet enchantment is better than a good rate claw.

Considering your gear, it seems you don't have onslaught anywhere. Try to put it somewhere with a gem or flask as you wish, it could be a nice buff to DPS.

Thanks yeah I changed my flask to silver and it's a decent DPS gain.
I got a Doryanis Invitation cold version the other day. Is there any reason to wear it instead of the belt or the Deceiver. The Doryanis says it's higher dps in game but I'm losing the health and crit protection of BotD. Also I wasn't sure if the intimidate factored into the dps calc in game.
"
Kronodude wrote:
I got a Doryanis Invitation cold version the other day. Is there any reason to wear it instead of the belt or the Deceiver. The Doryanis says it's higher dps in game but I'm losing the health and crit protection of BotD. Also I wasn't sure if the intimidate factored into the dps calc in game.

Intimidation is not factored in in-game tooltip (also the reason why in-game tooltip is worthless), thus Doryani's Invitation is NOT more DPS.
Debuff are generally not factor in tooptip. Its probably correct to do so, as debuff have external factor like mob resistance to them, & things like shock is not garranteed. For instance Shaper take less damage from curses.

Tooltips is good for relative comparsion, but for more accurate DPS, PoB is better, as long as you set the configuration realistically.

Anyway, I have switched to a pure molteen strike setup, gem swap ele attack fom AC for bosses, & switch gloves to tombfist with 2 abyss jewels for both intimidate & maim + extra bonus from the 2 jewels.
It give me decent trash clear + more single target damage.

I may switch to a elder gloves with faster attack speed socket later (glove swap for boss) when I get better gears & FB can comnforatbaly clear screens.

I also use a claw/shield setup with the new shaper mod, recovered % of max life when you block an attack. I wanted a shield build as I have never played a shield base build before. Lets see how far it goes.
Last edited by KiadawP on Dec 30, 2017, 2:34:40 AM
This is my current Gear :

And here is my Tree :

POB link :
https://pastebin.com/FZ7V3xM4

At the moment i clean every map from T1 to T16, but i'm looking for better survavibility (can't level up because i die quite frequently) without loosing damage (and win some if i can last league i played Ele conv BV... Was GOD, or almost)

Looking for alternate choices :
(atm for this stuff my PoB sim for Molten strike Melee hit / Magma is : 218750 / 111003)

- The scourge x2 : Is the implicit "Life On Hit" replaced by the "% of physical damage", an important loss ? We strike pretty fast ... so i was wondering (and maybe then take Vaal Pact as extra node to compensate ?)
(Molten strike Melee hit / Magma is : 246560 / 123142)

- Touch of Anguish x2 : Very good claws, can be compared to Wasp Nest.
(Molten strike Melee hit / Magma is : 224315 / 112902)

- Rare Claw x2 : Can't find claws better than wasp nest ... if anyone has some ideas ? I have searched for some Edps, some Pdps... What are the stats i should aim for to have a significant upgrade ?

And for a defensive build, anyone has some ideas ? I found this build pretty squishy... Maybe with a good shield and a good 1H weapon ?

If anyone knows how i can upgrade my current gear, don't hesitate !

(sorry for english mistakes, not very good at it)
Last edited by Kekkyu on Dec 30, 2017, 5:57:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info