The Pantheon System

It looks so meehhhhhhh.
Feels like it was a cool idea but kinda missing a little something in its execution.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
Druga1757 wrote:
We have bound items now, no trading vessels.

I don't think any quest item is tradable, as quest items are instanced to the player. The only "shared" quest I believe is bandits (where one player's actions effect another player). All other quests each player must pick up their own version of the quest items.

These "quest items" are just more explicit about it. They aren't "bound", they just don't exist for other players.
RIP - tities
It is a really neat idea, but it doesn't feel like my character has been impacted in any way.

The only way I can see them being meaningful in their current state is to make a build around a certain combo of pantheon buffs, but I don't think that is what you were going for.

If you are unwilling to give out more power with this system, I would venture to say adding in some sweet graphic MTX type stuff attached to each soul that makes your character look awesome would be a good alternative.

Just make them feel more impactful or do something noticeable.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
Ahhh this explains everything!
Perfect! My body is very ready!
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
I agree that most of the pantheon buffs do feel pretty lackluster. The Brine King is probably the one that actually serves a situational purpose for many people. Arakaali, Ryslatha and Yugul I could see being useful in very particular situations.
That being said, I just kind of took the two pantheon buffs that were most useful for the character I was currently using and never switched them around. While mapping or doing anything else in the beta, I never felt compelled to switch around my pantheon buffs to get an advantage even when my character was having trouble in a map. The situation they would be useful in either never came around, or the buff I would have gotten by switching would be so minuscule that it wasn't worth the time to switch and then switch back after finishing the map/instance.
Last edited by flippicat on Jun 21, 2017, 12:04:31 AM
I'm already horny af :D I luv U guys!
Seeing is believing
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
"
Ashriel wrote:
I've played the beta on a friend's PC, and I have to say, the Pantheon feels like a whole lot of... fluff. There seems to be no noticeable difference from having a minor and major god equipped, to nothing. Reminds me of League of Legends' passive system - it FEELS like you're doing something, but it's so insignificant that it honestly doesn't matter. Oh man, that 1% chance to dodge attacks REALLY made a big difference and warranted a new system! ... Even with the divine vessels, the change is so slight that I'm 100% sure it could be disabled and no one would even know.

If these effects don't get buffed or turn into sidegrades (lots of room for creativity here), the pantheon system will just be a confusing extra layer of, well, practically nothing.

At the very least, one minor and one major god is not enough. The easy fix would be two of each, but even that would seem lazy at this point. Back to the drawing board IMO!

So true... man, if this is the best new content they can think of for 3.0, this will be by far the biggest flop yet.

Interesting point. GGG has really to take care about this new "feature". Compared to the Atlas this is really, really unerwhelming.

In my personal point of view the pantheon - system (as it is described now) has practically no impact. out of all buffs there are only very few which are worthwhile putting your choice on.

Btw I got such a vessel on beta. Looked up the pantheon buffs and thaught that it's not worth the time to look up where to find those bosses...
"
VapidActions wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
We have bound items now, no trading vessels.

I don't think any quest item is tradable, as quest items are instanced to the player. The only "shared" quest I believe is bandits (where one player's actions effect another player). All other quests each player must pick up their own version of the quest items.

These "quest items" are just more explicit about it. They aren't "bound", they just don't exist for other players.

Vessels don't look to be quest items, however, because they look like they can be traded when empty. Only when it's filled does it get bound.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info