Path of Exile at E3

Okay that's dandy and all but can he get back to working on the mtx patch before I like devour all of you.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jun 19, 2017, 12:08:15 AM
You go girl
Saved
I know what went wrong with the MTX in beta. They moved it to k but really it was suppose to be the inverse s. Since it was m before you also have to go down one key XD. So GGG please give me top supporter pack for fixing the problem. Just Press X guys mtx fixed lol jkjkjk. Love you GGG and all the work you guys are doing.
CONSOLE NEWS!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I love you.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
neat!
"
"
RectumJuice wrote:
Are we going to be able to link and transfer our PC accounts to console? Or do we have to start directly from scratch?

I'm pretty sure they've mentioned before that the XBox will be a completely separate realm, and the current PC characters/stash/mtx will not be ported over.

Indeed they have.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
60FPS at 4K says nothing at all. My PC can probably do that in town. Tell me the FPS while casting vaal summon skeleton in a breach with your friend running a discharge build.
"
VironLaw wrote:
**Edit1:** When PS4? =P

GGG is probably prevented from giving an official reply to this.

All told, there's likely some sort of confidential agreement with Microsoft, hence why the game is appearing on the less-selling console exclusively. Microsoft has started ramping up its efforts to try and remedy its weaker sales figures vs. the PS4, and this has included the relatively aggressive Xbox One X, and, it would appear, an exclusivity agreement with GGG.

It seems they're taking a page from Sony, which has, for a few years, been trying to aggressively recruit and back more "independent" titles to make it stand out. This can make sense, given that it's been many years since the AAA crowd tried playing favorites; the 7th gen kinda dissuaded most of them from any route other than cross-platform, leaving just a handful.

So, a PS4 version of Path is almost certain; the hardware architecture is identical on both the Xbox One and PS4, so porting to the other will be a LOT easier once one done. The only question is when the exclusivity agreement expires; most of them seem to last about 6 months to a year after release, so I might keep my eyes peeled in 2018.

"
RectumJuice wrote:
Are we going to be able to link and transfer our PC accounts to console? Or do we have to start directly from scratch?

As I recall, they did state they'd be an entirely separate set of realms, with absolutely no transfer between them. E.g, the "Xbox standard" economy would exist with absolutely no pre-3.0.0 legacies.

"
ripnburn69 wrote:
If it will run at 60fps on xbox, why not my pc?

It's more a relative/hyping term. Games can and do lag on the console in spite of their best efforts to control all variables.

So yes, it'll get 60FPS most of the time; that's that that hard to achieve. And I highly doubt any demo would be daring to show a party of 6 CoC'ers.

Hardware-wise, the X version will feature a GPU supposedly comparable to an RX480; while decidedly much weaker than a GTX 1080Ti, (the accepted standard for 60fps 4k in high-end games) Path's rather low GPU-intensity means that it'll be more than enough. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the much-weaker core in the first Xbox One would prove sufficient for that.

The CPU's another question, though; that's the loading that tends to cause instant drops when the effects start getting layered. I've not had the chance to experiment with how well the multithreading code works with AMD's Bulldozer architecture, but that would be key; in theory with really, really good thread distribution it could produce good power, but in most real-world (especially gaming) situations it falls quite short owing to its weird "modules" design, which is exasperated given the PS4/XBO (including their Pro/X refreshes) only use TWO modules for eight cores, instead of four like on the desktop. The X *does* up the clock rate by 31.4%, but it's still a matter of how well the code plays with those limitations.

Lastly, of course, how it handles the issues with loading (given that no Xbox uses a true SSD, and PoE loves to choke if it's asked to sit on a HDD) are anyone's guess, though I'd love to hear that GGG has developed a fix for the game to run fine without requiring it be installed onto a SSD.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Jun 19, 2017, 1:12:56 AM
"
nadnerb wrote:
great now fix beta mtx system

Hahaha YES! :)
Whenever a game adds console option it completely ruins the whole game and poe servers are already pure crap. good bye poe. RIP!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info