[3.0] 7k HP 9+ Mill DPS ForgeStrike TheoryCraft with NEW Supports - By Unchained

is this supposed to be boss only? as VS is only damage skill you got?
"
KaseyM21 wrote:
is this supposed to be boss only? as VS is only damage skill you got?

No, this is not only against bosses. You can swap in a melee splash gem in the 6-link, which will go great with the Starforge sword due to the AoE modifier for mapping.

I will add more details to the guide later.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
How are you supposed to sustain life with such a pityfull amount of leech (which is cut in 1/4th without Atziri's flask), no defenses whatsoever except your life pool, and no life flask?
Get hit twice from a basic attack and then run around waiting for an emergency life flask to heal you back up? You won't apply many poison stacks then.

Also, theorycrafting is nice and all, but just like your BF Scourge (which theoretically had 200+ million dps), this is all based on lvl 100 and on gear that in most cases 99.99% of population is unable to buy or probably doesn't even exist with stats provided.

I took your 40kk build from the opening post. With 20/20 level gems, lower life rolls on gear (70 life a piece instead of 79, 6% jewel instead of 7% etc.), lowest dmg rolls on t1 mods on rares, or sometimes removing one dmg mod altogether (perf multi/chance and added phys? let's try just 15% multi and 11-22 phys instead), and taking out some least damage benefiting nodes to drop down to level 89, I ended up with 6138 life, and 23 mill damage.
Sin's Rebirth was also dropped in favour of Growing Agony jewel, which supplies Unholy Might by itself.

Now, against Shaper (cannot be shocked), that is 6.7kk damage. However, to reach that dps, you need to be attacking without interruption for 7 seconds, assuming you didn't have to run away after being hit by a basic attack and having to run around till life flask brings you back to full. Not to mention, if you do that, your flasks are going to expire, without which, you are only doing 3.5kk dps if you were to attack without interruptions for full 7 seconds.

- With flasks, fully buffed (Vaal Haste on): 149k poison dps, x7.26 attack rate = 1.081 million damage, +280k from basic attack damage, putting you at 1.36 million. After that, you will have to run away from whatever you were attacking or you will simply die on the spot.

- Without flasks and Vaal Haste, that's 83k poison dps x5.83 attack rate = 483k, +141k from basic attack, that's around 625k damage you will deal in first/second second.

Enemy will take a total of 7.85 million damage if you were fully buffed with flasks, attacked it for a full second, and run away to drink your health potion.
After that, you have barely any flask charges for damage, vaal haste is used up, and you can drop in for another second of attacking, which will deal a total of 3.5 million damage unbuffed after 7 seconds.

While 7-8 and 3-4 million damage over 7 seconds sounds alright, and it is Shaper viable (20 million hp according to PoEDB, but most likely higher according to my own experience), any less mechanical fight (aka all guardians) will be unbearable, since you will take enough damage in fraction of a second to make you run for your life. Definately Chimera/Hydra not viable.

Also, 6k life with still decent rares/jewels, while wearing Kaom's, is laughable. Extremely low amount of leech and no other defenses like block/dodge/armour/evasion, sounds like a one trick pony build - attack shaper from behind while he uses his laser, then run around dodging his attacks till he dies, then ask someone to carry you though minion areas and delete trash to make a safe pathway, so you can trick another Shaper phase.

BF Scourge was a diamond, but one looks like a turd.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Last edited by Bristoling on Jun 20, 2017, 5:29:33 PM
"
Bristoling wrote:
How are you supposed to sustain life with such a pityfull amount of leech (which is cut in 1/4th without Atziri's flask), no defenses whatsoever except your life pool, and no life flask?
Get hit twice from a basic attack and then run around waiting for an emergency life flask to heal you back up? You won't apply many poison stacks then.

Also, theorycrafting is nice and all, but just like your BF Scourge (which theoretically had 200+ million dps), this is all based on lvl 100 and on gear that in most cases 99.99% of population is unable to buy or probably doesn't even exist with stats provided.

I took your 40kk build from the opening post. With 20/20 level gems, lower life rolls on gear (70 life a piece instead of 79, 6% jewel instead of 7% etc.), lowest dmg rolls on t1 mods on rares, or sometimes removing one dmg mod altogether (perf multi/chance and added phys? let's try just 15% multi and 11-22 phys instead), and taking out some least damage benefiting nodes to drop down to level 89, I ended up with 6138 life, and 23 mill damage.
Sin's Rebirth was also dropped in favour of Growing Agony jewel, which supplies Unholy Might by itself.

Now, against Shaper (cannot be shocked), that is 6.7kk damage. However, to reach that dps, you need to be attacking without interruption for 7 seconds, assuming you didn't have to run away after being hit by a basic attack and having to run around till life flask brings you back to full. Not to mention, if you do that, your flasks are going to expire, without which, you are only doing 3.5kk dps if you were to attack without interruptions for full 7 seconds.

- With flasks, fully buffed (Vaal Haste on): 149k poison dps, x7.26 attack rate = 1.081 million damage, +280k from basic attack damage, putting you at 1.36 million. After that, you will have to run away from whatever you were attacking or you will simply die on the spot.

- Without flasks and Vaal Haste, that's 83k poison dps x5.83 attack rate = 483k, +141k from basic attack, that's around 625k damage you will deal in first/second second.

Enemy will take a total of 7.85 million damage if you were fully buffed with flasks, attacked it for a full second, and run away to drink your health potion.
After that, you have barely any flask charges for damage, vaal haste is used up, and you can drop in for another second of attacking, which will deal a total of 3.5 million damage unbuffed after 7 seconds.

While 7-8 and 3-4 million damage over 7 seconds sounds alright, and it is Shaper viable (20 million hp according to PoEDB, but most likely higher according to my own experience), any less mechanical fight (aka all guardians) will be unbearable, since you will take enough damage in fraction of a second to make you run for your life. Definately Chimera/Hydra not viable.

Also, 6k life with still decent rares/jewels, while wearing Kaom's, is laughable. Extremely low amount of leech and no other defenses like block/dodge/armour/evasion, sounds like a one trick pony build - attack shaper from behind while he uses his laser, then run around dodging his attacks till he dies, then ask someone to carry you though minion areas and delete trash to make a safe pathway, so you can trick another Shaper phase.

Please keep in mind that this is a first draft and not the finalized build. A lot of stuff is changing in 3.0, and a lot of your wall of text has misinformation. For example:

1. Growing Agony jewel is being changed and will NOT offer Unholy Might.
2. Shaper (and all other bosses) will probably have their immunities removed in ~3.0, see the Developer Q & A posted by GGG.
3. Your math is off due to some of the false assumptions.
4. Please update your PoB with the latest updated pastbin from the first post.

These are just a few issues, I would highly recommend that you read up on all the changes that are coming to 3.0. We are still early in the Beta so there will be more changes to come to the game and this build. The success of a build depends on how the player plays the game, a player must adapt their play-style to the environment (maps, unique boss fights...etc) and thus will require in-game knowledge and perhaps extra flasks/items in the inventory (this should be PoE 101). The key is to adapt and min/max as we go.

Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Jun 20, 2017, 6:14:39 PM
"
"
Bristoling wrote:

Please keep in mind that this is a first draft and not the finalized build. A lot of stuff is changing in 3.0, and a lot of your wall of text has misinformation. For example:

2. Shaper (and all other bosses) will probably have their immunities removed in ~3.0, see the Developer Q & A posted by GGG.

These are just a few issues, I would highly recommend that you read up on all the changes that are coming to 3.0. We are still early in the Beta so there will be more changes to come to the game and this build. The success of a build depends on how the player plays the game, a player must adapt their play-style to the environment (maps, unique boss fights...etc) and thus will require in-game knowledge and perhaps extra flasks/items in the inventory (this should be PoE 101). The key is to adapt and min/max as we go.

I'm trying to help you see the flaws of the build so you can fix these issues beforehand.

1. If it is, my bad, I might have missed that change. However, that would mean that your fps figure is based on using a 5-6 ex flask.
2. Heard that as well, but assuming that shock will work at 100% effectiveness is like gambling that Phoenix is going to take full damage from ignites as well. It's a big uncertainty.
3. Well so is yours, based on total perfect gear. Try putting more reasonable gear instead of total perfect rolls on everything.
4. I did, and the pastebin from first post doesn't reach 56 million, so either you forgot to update it yourself or there has been a lot of changes that boost your dps since I'm one version behind on PpB, and will update it when I come back from work.

All I'm saying is, if switch out your all dps flasks for life/basalt flasks or other, your dps will drop by a lot. With realistic gear and lower character level, your lifepool also drops from 6.8 to 6.1k, without strong leech or any other defensive mechanic, which isn't going to cut it, especially with abyssus on.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Last edited by Bristoling on Jun 20, 2017, 11:32:21 PM
"
Bristoling wrote:
"
"
Bristoling wrote:

I'm trying to help you see the flaws of the build so you can fix these issues beforehand.

1. If it is, my bad, I might have missed that change. However, that would mean that your fps figure is based on using a 5-6 ex flask.
2. Heard that as well, but assuming that shock will work at 100% effectiveness is like gambling that Phoenix is going to take full damage from ignites as well. It's a big uncertainty.
3. Well so is yours, based on total perfect gear. Try putting more reasonable gear instead of total perfect rolls on everything.
4. I did, and the pastebin from first post doesn't reach 56 million, so either you forgot to update it yourself or there has been a lot of changes that boost your dps since I'm one version behind on PpB, and will update it when I come back from work.

All I'm saying is, if switch out your all dps flasks for life/basalt flasks or other, your dps will drop by a lot. With realistic gear and lower character level, your lifepool also drops from 6.8 to 6.1k, without strong leech or any other defensive mechanic, which isn't going to cut it, especially with abyssus on.

I've re-imported it from pastebin (as provided in the first post) and I'm reaching nearly 60 Mill. I would recommend updating your client to the latest version which will help you with your math. All of the gear is attainable, you can farm and craft every single piece of gear that's listed. Perhaps I should throw in mirrored items and a Legacy Kaoms for fun? I kid, the point is to min/max, and that's exactly what's being done here.

In case you missed it:

"The success of a build depends on how the player plays the game, a player must adapt their play-style to the environment (maps, unique boss fights...etc) and thus will require in-game knowledge and perhaps extra flasks/items in the inventory (this should be PoE 101). The key is to adapt and min/max as we go."

The above means that you adapt dynamically to the content that you are doing. So, if you wish, you can swap out any flask(s) or gear(s) that you want to min/max for that specific content. As previously stated, this is a first draft and as more content is released (during the beta) the more it will be updated. A lot of the new items, gems, and changes still need to be released. The real test will be doing the content after the build has been finalized and when this thread has been turned into full guide (which will happen after the beta is over and 3.0 is fully released).

I do appreciate your comments, my main point is to wait and let everything develop. You don't want to pluck a rose when it hasn't blossomed yet.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Jun 21, 2017, 12:08:06 AM
Based on GGG's Beta Week 2 Report, here are some of the changes that are apparently gonna be made to some of the DoT related support gems/passives during the next beta patch/wipe, that would be relevant to this theory-craft.

- Deadly Ailments will grant up to 39% more ailment damage and only 20% less damage with hits, bringing it more in line with other support gems.

- Unbound Ailments values will be reduced.

- The Perfect Agony keystone will grant 30% of Critical Strike Multiplier and 30% less hit damage (It is currently by far the best way to build ailment damage, to an extreme degree).

- Brutality will grant up to 59% more damage at gem level 20, higher than it is currently but it will also prevent dealing Chaos Damage, so will only deal Physical Damage with the supported skill.

From a surface level interpretation of the above statement, this would generally translate as a nerf to the damage output of this theory-crafted build. Furthermore, the Brutality will no longer be a useful support gem for viper strike and will have to be replaced with another synergistic support gem.

All the adjustments are (as per usual) subject to change as this is a beta.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Jun 21, 2017, 10:37:03 PM
They killed this build before it even lived.

Brutality removes poison damage too now.
Without brutality now, maybe added chaos void manip?
"
bananapanama1 wrote:
Without brutality now, maybe added chaos void manip?

I will re-test once the changes are 100% applied in the beta and will be updating the guide accordingly.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info