Beta Launch Day: Common Questions and Answers

Press M to pay respects.
Got no E-Mail/Message even though my lifetime purchases should be well above the threshold. Do I need to use the standalone client to access beta? Because it didn't work right when Beta went live.

Edit: Using Steam, client said I don't have access to the beta. Downloading via Standalone Client now.
Last edited by _Piranha on Jun 8, 2017, 6:30:32 AM
"
_Piranha wrote:
Got no E-Mail/Message even though my lifetime purchases should be well above the threshold.

Please send an e-mail to support@grindinggear.com.

"
_Piranha wrote:
Do I need to use the standalone client to access beta?

Use Steam if you normally do, otherwise don't. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
If I won a Beta Key in a race event, when will I receive it?
If you've won a Beta Key in any of the race events so far, you should have received your key recently or will be receiving it very soon. We'll award the race reward Beta Keys once a week-day going forward.

Kind of a noob here.. is there a specific spot I should be looking for this? Got to 15 in one of the shorter races for 10 keys, but haven't seen anything yet. My account was originally created before the Steam version existed, and I migrated it to Steam since then, so I have no idea what email is attached, if any. Thanks!
no fuking poetrade for 5 weeks !! YOU ARE FUCKING MORONS!!!!!!!
"
_Piranha wrote:

Got no E-Mail/Message even though my lifetime purchases should be well above the threshold.

Same here. ;-)

Anyway, bought a supporter pack yesterday, maybe the additional code comes later per mail, will give it to a mate then.
Große deutsche Community mit TS, Forum und Infos gesucht? -> http://www.exiled.eu/
"
HighBlow wrote:

Que?
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
HighBlow wrote:

So much hype for this shit patch to waste your time for nothing because u get wiped after a month.Another gimik to make more money .
Even tho am realy not supportive to ur dicision about nerfing the Es to the ground , couldnt keep my hand off my wallet.U have my money again GGG for the love of poe . Plz make up ur mind about energy shield changes it was something very special about this game and u are planing to ruin it. peace
"
Nuitariwolf wrote:
"
Maybe I am the only one, maybe not. But when I try to launch the beta client, it crashes before the login screen even shows up (Windows 10 shows "Path of Exile x64 has stopped working")

Any help at all would be much appreciated. I have emailed support, but if someone has encountered this and solved it, maybe I can get a faster solution.

yea i got the same, was fast enough to do options then my log in account/password then crash

I didn't even get that far. The client loads to black screen and the cursor, then it crashes. Here's my client log.
https://pastebin.com/7tWR0LRg

I assume the crash is on the last line because it clearly doesn't go further than that. Does your client log look similar?

EDIT: I FREAKING GOT IT TO WORK WITH A WORKAROUND. Ok, so right click the exe that crashes. Choose compatibility. Check on Disable Fullscreen Optimizations. Launch the game with its beautiful new menu music.
Last edited by ByteBlaze on Jun 8, 2017, 9:28:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info