[LOOTFILTER] FilterBlade - editor, with lootgeneration & more - optimized for NeverSink's filter

"
Wendek wrote:
Hello, got a (small ?) suggestion regarding map customization. Basically I'd like to make my endgame filter "self-adapting" regarding which map tiers are shown by the filter. Lemme explain : currently you can set a threshold for "outleveled" maps (7 by default) which makes them appear smaller but they're still shown. You can also set a threshold for maps that you want to hide completely but this threshold is hardcoded and is not relative to the zone level, unlike the outleveling one. Could it be ? Basically in my case I'd like to tell the filter to not show me any map lower than my current zone by 7+ levels. So T3 map drops would be shown up to T9, but when I start running T10s then they don't appear anymore, etc. It could be a checkable option on the website : "Compeltely hide outleveled maps"

Is this possible or would it be too much work for too little benefit ?

Isn't the last slider, "Threshold: Hide outleveled maps", exactly what you're looking for? It HIDES outleveled maps instead of just showing them small with only little highlighting.
- Tobnac, FilterBlade developer
You have to set the hidden tiers manually though, unless I've misunderstood the option (it says "following or lower tiers", so I just assumed it was about specific tiers and related to the threshold set above). Yes it works but say, right now my character is farming T9 maps so I'm only hiding T1s and T2s. When I get to a higher level and start farming say, T12 maps aka Vault, it'd be nice if I didn't see T3s to T5s either because I'm not using them anymore. Of course I can just go and update the filter, that's why it's just a small suggestion about making the filter more "adaptive" to whatever zone you're currently in, instead of having to manually update it like "Okay guess it's time to hide up to T4s now".
Last edited by Wendek on Oct 26, 2017, 7:22:26 PM
"
Wendek wrote:
You have to set the hidden tiers manually though, unless I've misunderstood the option (it says "following or lower tiers", so I just assumed it was about specific tiers and related to the threshold set above). Yes it works but say, right now my character is farming T9 maps so I'm only hiding T1s and T2s. When I get to a higher level and start farming say, T12 maps aka Vault, it'd be nice if I didn't see T3s to T5s either because I'm not using them anymore. Of course I can just go and update the filter, that's why it's just a small suggestion about making the filter more "adaptive" to whatever zone you're currently in, instead of having to manually update it like "Okay guess it's time to hide up to T4s now".

It's already adaptive.

The last slider threshold only decides between "making maps small" and "hiding those maps completely". It's pretty confusing and probably should be just a checkbox...

The dynamic behavior already works the way you described it. You don't need to reedit the filter.

Once you you hit T12: T5- maps will be smaller. The last slider only decides if they're small or hidden.

My going back to let's say T7 maps, you'll see everything once again in the normal size. Nothing will be outleveled, so it'll have no effect whatsoever.

If you go to T15 the filter will hide T8 and lower.

The only non adaptive slider at the very top, that'll just hide tiers, no matter what.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Wishlist:

It would be great if the filter would highlight gear by base type differently, for the type of defence. eg: ES, Armor, Evasion, and their hybrids, have different indications. Makes for faster grabbing during a race...

In the customizer I recolored the background of "vendor recipe drops" to help identify when that is why something is on the ground, rather than anything else. Made life much nicer.
@NeverSink Thanks for the explanation about that slider, I've played with it now and it seems to be working exactly how I need it to, perfect. I guess the only thing to change about it would be the description then :p
Last edited by Wendek on Oct 27, 2017, 7:03:19 PM
@NeverSink

First of all, thanks for your hard work. Absolutely amazing filters and customization site!

Now a little request: would it be possible to add options for a map filter group for maps related to prophecies? (mud geyser, cemetery, etc...)
Last edited by AridZephyr on Oct 27, 2017, 9:53:35 PM
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
Wishlist:

It would be great if the filter would highlight gear by base type differently, for the type of defence. eg: ES, Armor, Evasion, and their hybrids, have different indications. Makes for faster grabbing during a race...

In the customizer I recolored the background of "vendor recipe drops" to help identify when that is why something is on the ground, rather than anything else. Made life much nicer.

Normally, this is nothing you can easily do with a loot filter. It doesn't have a feature to identify the "type" of gear drop.
BUT we did develop an option in FilterBlade to do exactly that! We do that by simply listing ALL the BaseTypes that fit into the category.

You can check it out on http://beta.filterblade.xyz/ -> "Hightlight by Item Type"

It's a very experimental feature and I don't think this has been done before, so we're going slow with it to be sure everything works out right...
"
AridZephyr wrote:
@NeverSink

First of all, thanks for your hard work. Absolutely amazing filters and customization site!

Now a little request: would it be possible to add options for a map filter group for maps related to prophecies? (mud geyser, cemetery, etc...)

You can manually Highlight specific maps by their BaseType already:
Customize -> Endgame -> Maps -> Hide & Highlight specific maps.

Feel free to do that on http://beta.filterblade.xyz/ too, it's MUCH more up to date than the live version.
"
Tobnac wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
Wishlist:

Normally, this is nothing you can easily do with a loot filter. It doesn't have a feature to identify the "type" of gear drop.
BUT we did develop an option in FilterBlade to do exactly that! We do that by simply listing ALL the BaseTypes that fit into the category.

You can check it out on http://beta.filterblade.xyz/ -> "Hightlight by Item Type"

It's a very experimental feature and I don't think this has been done before, so we're going slow with it to be sure everything works out right...

I should have said: I know it's only possible by manually creating the list of base types, and assigning them to the appropriate category. Horrible, that is, just horrible.

Sounds like you did that already, though, so thank you! I'll try it out, but it looks like what I'd expect and all. :)
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
Tobnac wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
Wishlist:

I should have said: I know it's only possible by manually creating the list of base types, and assigning them to the appropriate category. Horrible, that is, just horrible.

Sounds like you did that already, though, so thank you! I'll try it out, but it looks like what I'd expect and all. :)

Well we automate the process of creating the lists, so it's not big deal for us.

It's still quite grotesque and will cause ten thousands of string comparisons per second during breaches if missused, but this should be nothing your PC can't handle.

"

Maybe, I'll see what I can do over the next versions.

"
@NeverSink Thanks for the explanation about that slider, I've played with it now and it seems to be working exactly how I need it to, perfect. I guess the only thing to change about it would be the description then :p

Tobnac spent so much time implementing my ridiculous hide/"make small" slider, I'm afraid to actually suggest him to turn it into a checkbox.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Oct 29, 2017, 7:31:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info