2.6.1 Patch Notes

We need an update now :/ whats up Chris?

"
GGGRedeployment of 2.6.1 patch (self.pathofexile)

Hi guys,

As you know, the deployment of 2.6.1 failed yesterday. We have made some changes and are having another go at it soon. There's a countdown to a server shutdown running now.

There may be downtime before the realm comes up. When it does come up, we may use a queue to let people onto the realm slowly. Basically, the landing is going to be a bit rough, but we'll hopefully survive and then the new microtransaction system will be in place before Beta starts tomorrow.

The "Act 2 Solo (JRE028)" race has been pushed into the future by one hour, in case this all goes long again.

Your patience with this has been appreciated.

Edit1: Deployment is in progress now.

Edit2: This failed again. We will roll back to 2.6.0m again. Tomorrow's 2.6.2 version that includes supporter packs will have the new microtransaction system removed until we have worked this problem out.

Do you have any updates!?
"
Keep up the good work!

Good work?

If they were doing the "good work" this patch would not fail and everything should be released as scheduled.

1.) GGG not fixed the LockStep mode till now!
2.) They are constantly nerfing items, gems and jewels, skill three and changing almost everything and you say "Good Work".
3.) It seems they have constant server problems. They don't shutdown frequently, but large spikes are very common when playing in any realm.
4.) GGG is making pratically a new game and will not sustain the actual PoE after 6 years! All that you played by all these years probably will change drastically.
5.)The actual PoE is good to play, besides the problems described above and GGG will force all actual players to play this new game or quit definitely. Hatred or Love PoE.
6.) There are many microtransactions that still have visual problems in certain hardware including mine (AMD machines) and my machine is not so old.
7.) The game is having a heavy load memory usage and probably will be more heavy in 3.x.x.

But I must admit. PoE was the only game I played for a long time without too long interruptions. But after this beta who knows. I would like to be more confident, but I'm not with the future of PoE! Many of my friends quited this game after 2.6.x patch ...

Of course, changes are always good and welcome. But I think that If some aspect of the game changed by a patch impacts the way you play ... and this new PoE will certainly change, then this cannot be good!

I prefer to say "Good luck in your work" not "Good Work".

I would like to be completely wrong on my actual thoughts in future related to PoE
"
LordTreufeldt wrote:
"
Keep up the good work!

Good work?

If they were doing the "good work" this patch would not fail and everything should be released as scheduled.

1.) GGG not fixed the LockStep mode till now!
2.) They are constantly nerfing items, gems and jewels, skill three and changing almost everything and you say "Good Work".
3.) It seems they have constant server problems. They don't shutdown frequently, but large spikes are very common when playing in any realm.
4.) GGG is making pratically a new game and will not sustain the actual PoE after 6 years! All that you played by all these years probably will change drastically.
5.)The actual PoE is good to play, besides the problems described above and GGG will force all actual players to play this new game or quit definitely. Hatred or Love PoE.
6.) There are many microtransactions that still have visual problems in certain hardware including mine (AMD machines) and my machine is not so old.
7.) The game is having a heavy load memory usage and probably will be more heavy in 3.x.x.

But I must admit. PoE was the only game I played for a long time without too long

You should perhaps play some other computer games to gain some perspective, there are online games out there that have had weeks long down times, dozens of rolled back patches or month long half working games while they throw hot fixes into the server crashing and introducing massive bugs and currency duping that required weeks of rollbacks or PERMANENTLY ruined the games economy (Ultima Online gold duping). thousands of unresolved bugs, terrible quality and zero communication with their player base. If this was EA we would have had 3 days of down time as they refused to roll back and just left the game down until they got the patch working.

POE has a predominantly veteran gamer player base, most of us appreciate how complex and amazing a computer simulated interactive world is to make (if this is indeed your hobby you tend to learn about the complex guts of these games), GGG gets tons of slack because we've seen other companies shit the bed and then thumb their nose at their player base, we've seen companies that NEVER respond to questions and treat their users as a disposable resource. There game companies and developers out there that are/were actively HOSTILE on their forums to their player base, dating all the way back to usenet and Derek Smart.

GGG deserves the "good job" because if you have a reasonable perspective on this issue you know they are doing a damn good job and have banked a ton of good will.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Well, after 3.x.x then we will see how many of the "old PoE PC Players" will still be playing ...

I guess GGG is betting more on new players than the old ones, from my point of view, because old players already have tons of the microtransactions sold by GGG and what sustains this game? Huuhh

Damn good job ...
Last edited by LordTreufeldt on Jun 7, 2017, 3:47:50 PM
"
LordTreufeldt wrote:
Well, after 3.x.x then we will see how many of the "old PoE PC Players" will still be playing ...

I guess GGG is betting more on new players than the old ones, from my point of view, because old players already have tons of the microtransactions sold by GGG and what sustains this game? Huuhh

Damn good job ...

You know some players from closed beta still buy MTX and supporter packs?
I shall purify you in flame, noob of nightmare!
"
Necronus2828 wrote:
"
LordTreufeldt wrote:

Damn good job ...

You know some players from closed beta still buy MTX and supporter packs?

Yes, of course. I probably will by one pack at least!

As I said, PoE still have its problems, but this doesn't mean that me or veteran players will not play or buy MTX again, capiche!

I just expect not become disappointed in 3.x.x!
Steam client downloaded a 812MB update, game says "2.6.2", patch notes are only up to 2.6.1, and my MTX interface still looks the same, so... what's going on? What was in the 2.6.2 patch?
"
akane750 wrote:
Steam client downloaded a 812MB update, game says "2.6.2", patch notes are only up to 2.6.1, and my MTX interface still looks the same, so... what's going on? What was in the 2.6.2 patch?

1.6.1 failed to launch on both attempts just before beta landed. Since they didn't have enough time to work on the MTX interface issues, they've disabled it for the 2.6.2 patch. GGG has said a couple times in the past that there will be no patch notes for the beta, at least probably not until near the end of it.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Yes, I'm aware of both the two failures related to the 2.6.1 MTX system upgrade, and GGG's statement about not posting detailed Beta patch notes (which makes sense - spoilers, economy, time required to compile the list etc.)

The thing is: without patch notes of any kind, I don't see evidence of 2.6.2 being related to the Beta at all. The original statement about Beta patch notes does not prevent GGG from posting 2.6.2 patch notes with, say, a single line: "Beta content added\updated". To me, personally, it's simply a question of consistency, and keeping players informed. Especially the latter. Hence my earlier question.
Last edited by akane750 on Jun 7, 2017, 9:56:12 PM
Sooo it's 2.6.2 but all I see is the same old shitty mtx system... where is my new shiny updated one? Also it's pretty trash we have to chose if we want prod or beta access on steam... other companies can make it so we can download beta clients separately. Also: where is the free mystery box from racing Chris promised to be handed out on every business day?
Last edited by Mootthemad on Jun 7, 2017, 11:49:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info