2.6.1 Patch Notes

"
JoeShmo wrote:
"Saturation" already occurs after the first version is acquired, as pointed out, because players simply remove the mtx from one character and place it on another.

to be honest, i never got a gear mtx twice either, my only redundant mtx are skill effects (for example more gore).
so you got a point there, especially since now it's really easy to swap them around too.
but double items are out there and some people even bought them multiple times for convenience reasons, refunding them would be bad for business and just taking the items away would be unfair.
but i wouldnt mind if surprise boxes were gone.

"
JoeShmo wrote:
it's quite scummy to create a system that provides irritation in order to get more money out of people..because of fake convenience.

scummy? make people feel uncomfortable to encourage them to suport is much better than outright charging them or paywalling their progress or parts of the game.
sometimes i think they should do this although i wouldn't have liked the game that way when i saw it first.

for ggg it's obvious that just making a good game and hoping players support by pure goodwill and show their support by their mtx isn't working long term. otherwise we wouldn't have "sales" on our signs of support. but i think i made my point clear already regarding that topic.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
SecomniA wrote:
Anyone having issues with steam path ? It is taking ages. When download finished 36.1 mb download but still making patch

Steam always has issues with patching huge (6GB+) files.
good...... :D
Is this live in EU? i dont see any aperance items panel next to inventory...
"
bvanharjr wrote:
"
SecomniA wrote:
Anyone having issues with steam path ? It is taking ages. When download finished 36.1 mb download but still making patch

that's because steam requires the ressource file (content.ggpk) to be bit compatible to the version ggg originally released.

so, when patching, the steam downloader has to download bigger chunks of the zipfile than the standalone patcher which is able to patch/insert/delete individual files into the zipfile.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
come home, open steam, dl 217.1 meg patch, now on 2.62? Notes??
Ty for Qiwi payment. Now you can take my money DansGame
"
bvanharjr wrote:
"
SecomniA wrote:

Steam has no issues patching them, it patches everything the same way, it downloads the patch, and then writes a new file with the file you already have, as it involves your HDD/SSHD/SSD and CPU speed you're gonna get stuck waiting for a while if the game file is 12GB big, especially if your HDD is like a 5400 RPM, also the SSHD won't save you from that as the flash memory part only works when doing the same thing 2x or more, problem is that steam copying a file takes time and sometimes with your 5400RPM hdd it can go low as 5MB per second depending where the file is and especially long if the file is fragmented, reading speed is the problem, writing speed is normally 600-1000MB min (6GB or more max) if the file has been read already to RAM.

It would be way easier for me just to download the entire game again considering I have a 50MBps download speed (don't confuse it with the marketing bps, bit being 8x smaller file than bait making the speed number seem bigger, the latter being used by every virtual machine, except the marketing IPS fags).

Side ramble:
That's why I don't bother buying any physical games too, as it takes too much time to install the damn thing, and your dvd will just get fucked up eventually for any number of reasons, even just by using it, the only way to keep it safe from harm would be by not using it, what's the point of it if you don't use it. Also physical games are as digital as any game out there, question is where it's located and how well can you access it and how safe is it from external forces, best place is on external servers, not your problem then, second safest place on your hard drive.

"
vio wrote:
"
bvanharjr wrote:
"
SecomniA wrote:

that's because steam requires the ressource file (content.ggpk) to be bit compatible to the version ggg originally released.

so, when patching, the steam downloader has to download bigger chunks of the zipfile than the standalone patcher which is able to patch/insert/delete individual files into the zipfile.

No wrong, it downloads the 37MB patch, do you even use steam, you can see when it downloads and how much it actually downloads. What kind of nonsense are you spewing even. It doesn't have proper info how to do it in a fast way for bigger files, it just copies the entire thing, reading speed is what holds the damn thing back. It's faster for me to download the entire game from scratch.
Last edited by IchigoMait on Jul 20, 2017, 12:53:38 PM
"
IchigoMait wrote:
"
bvanharjr wrote:
"
SecomniA wrote:

Steam has no issues patching them, it patches everything the same way, it downloads the patch, and then writes a new file with the file you already have, as it involves your HDD/SSHD/SSD and CPU speed you're gonna get stuck waiting for a while if the game file is 12GB big, especially if your HDD is like a 5400 RPM, also the SSHD won't save you from that as the flash memory part only works when doing the same thing 2x or more, problem is that steam copying a file takes time and sometimes with your 5400RPM hdd it can go low as 5MB per second depending where the file is and especially long if the file is fragmented, reading speed is the problem, writing speed is normally 600-1000MB min (6GB or more max) if the file has been read already to RAM.

It would be way easier for me just to download the entire game again considering I have a 50MBps download speed (don't confuse it with the marketing bps, bit being 8x smaller file than bait making the speed number seem bigger, the latter being used by every virtual machine, except the marketing IPS fags).

But other Steam games don't do that. TF2 has to be huge by now, with the decade's worth of patches and hats it's added. But it doesn't laggily redownload the entire game each time it patches or whatever. Nor with any other game that patches on Steam, surely some of which also have individual files of very large sizes. So I remain confused on why PoE in particular has such a nasty patching process on Steam.

Has GGG or Valve ever said why it does it? I figure not since all I hear is speculation from players and not definitive GGG/Valve answers.

*edit*
And yeah, I echo ZadiasStark's question on what last night's patch was.
Last edited by RogueJedi86 on Jul 20, 2017, 1:51:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info