[3.0] WanderFinder Under 1ex Guardians/Shaper no problem.

good point, i forgot about the 300MS rule for shock!

10% ele dmg per point is weak, yep agreed.

thanks man!

I guess I completely forgot about Orb of Storms + pcoc.

Will do that!

Thanks for the cool build, currently leveling in beta with a Storm Cloud (now a random +1 gem and 3xt3 ele dmg bow) and already facerolling everything.

Also, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but in PoB, the exact same skills, my 2.6 build converted to 3.0 gets an increase in dmg from 630k to 900k+.... i don't exactly see how that's possible, but if it's true, then damn, we got buffed!
"
fataleast wrote:

you need to read other two lines, mate. Rez penetration and inc flask charges gained - since we shatter a lot with HOI - we can sustain permaflasks while mapping

thanks VM for reply.

No i don't understand the mechanics fully which is I question things.

X
"
AceofSpadesqt wrote:

I don't have any problems with power/frenzy charges on Guardians, all 4 guardians and shaper have adds. You can use orb of storm, power charge on crit combo if u want, it's 2 gem slot.

Alright! It's possible that I'm just not killing adds fast enough to get my power charges up. Or maybe the adds aren't close enough together to generate charges with assasins mark. Bad luck I guess.
I'm trying to level this and it is kind of aids in beta. I'm keeping up with the most current bows and getting good ele damage rolls on my bow/quiver (and other items I can) and it seems to do such little damage to bosses whether set up for LA or wands. KB is super fun but I don't think this is really viable as a first build. :-/
"
tenshinokama wrote:
I'm trying to level this and it is kind of aids in beta. I'm keeping up with the most current bows and getting good ele damage rolls on my bow/quiver (and other items I can) and it seems to do such little damage to bosses whether set up for LA or wands. KB is super fun but I don't think this is really viable as a first build. :-/

I did this as a first build in beta. Used storm cloud from level 9 till about 67. Single target DPS is a massive problem for me, but AoE clear is amazing. I rerolled from it because I suck at staying on a single build but even with piscators + lycoaside my single target was quite horrid.

Amazing at just farming maps though, tears through them like no tomorrow. Of course with better gear the single target will be good, but with beta being wiped in about 2~ weeks and the way prices are atm it seems kind of crazy to get the good stuff.
Sorry, I didn't wanna be that person pointing a finger, but that pair of gloves are worth quite a bit, theres nothing close to it on poe.trade, id say at least 5 ex, but could also be alot more. The essence alone is 100c (on standard that is).

However a cheap alternative is Thunderfists. You will loose on life, but damage wise it will be very similar, since its a 5 link + 1-100 lightning dmg.
"
Mindvirus wrote:
Sorry, I didn't wanna be that person pointing a finger, but that pair of gloves are worth quite a bit, theres nothing close to it on poe.trade, id say at least 5 ex, but could also be alot more. The essence alone is 100c (on standard that is).

However a cheap alternative is Thunderfists. You will loose on life, but damage wise it will be very similar, since its a 5 link + 1-100 lightning dmg.

Ehh... Buy a pair of glove with the fire dmg from essence on, craft life on it, they cost 5 chaos on legacy. You don't need any other stats on them, or buy 1 essence for 18c and try your luck like i did.
Last edited by AceofSpadesqt on Jun 11, 2017, 7:41:11 PM
"
tenshinokama wrote:

I leveled up just fine, the talents are pretty similar to what u use for racing on rangers, problem with the beta is that u can't drop rare wand because imbued wands don't drop in act 7, so you can't switch to wand till after u hit maps.

This build is fucked in beta till we get act 8, imbued wand are level 59, they don't drop till act 8, so it can't be used as starter in beta, unless u just play as normal bow build with LA and blast rain and switch later on.
Last edited by AceofSpadesqt on Jun 11, 2017, 8:01:57 PM
"
tenshinokama wrote:

I levelled with a pretty shite bow that had 19-33 fire damage and 7-92 lightning damage.

The trick to levelling with elemental damage nodes for this build is that you DO NOT use lightning arrow for single target.

Get 2 4-links ASAP.

For lightning arrow go Lightning arrow - GMP (LMP til A4) WED - Faster attacks.
That should honestly be enough to carry you through levelling, because packs will just die to the stacking 5 lightning arrows.

Now for your single target setup you actually want to get a 4 link blast rain.

Blast rain - WED - Concentrated effect - Added lightning damage

That single target should be more than enough to deal with most bosses untill you get to act 5-6.

Once you get to act 5-6 you can actually start thinking about equipping a wand.

Once you get a wand you can obviously use the barrage setup you see in the first post for single target, it's quite potent.

From act 7 onwards you can DEFINITELY start using a wand. I picked up a wand on poe.trade which cost me 5 chaos (Though the wand is probably worth more like 10 chaos at leaguestart, on legacy right now that wand definitely isn't worth 10c

The wand is a lv 59 wand with decent rolls. I don't use any other great gear, I spend about a total of 10c on gear in act 7 which is realistic to have for a leaguestarter build, really.

I used this as leaguestarter and levelling even with a crappy bow went just fine. not to mention storm cloud is probably a few chaos even only a day after the league starts.
Cool build but total ranger noobo. What order do you build out your skill tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info