[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
Sidad wrote:
"
Krygenic wrote:
Hi Milky

Loving your build so far but I've recently been dying on T7-T8 maps.
I'm level 79 and haven't gone blood magic yet.
All resistances are capped and I'm on about 4.5K life.
Also my damage seems to be falling off too, using the 2 recommended unique jewels and 1 decent rare.
Any suggestions?

Check your amulet for "Adds 10 to 18 FIRE Damage to Attacks" and do yourself favor and go BM and change mana flask for Rumi's or Granite flask. You'll see its huge difference and improvement compared to MoM.

Thanks, I've got nothing that adds fire damage to attacks or spells. I've also got rid of MoM. Time to save up 4 passive points for BM :^)
"
Krygenic wrote:
Thanks, I've got nothing that adds fire damage to attacks or spells. I've also got rid of MoM. Time to save up 4 passive points for BM :^)

IGN YaBoiXD char has "Pain Scarab Jade Amulet" that Adds Fire dmg to Attacks. Or maybe your char screen I am looking at is not updated yet. I dunno. Link your amulet here.

Why not use points from MoM for BM? BM is way more important than "Indomitable" or "Celestial Judgement".

Also add burning/fire dmg/dmg over time craft to your weapon or get better one and since gems are low lvl 5 link Soulmantle is huge dmg boost if you can craft/afford it.
Last edited by Sidad on Aug 15, 2017, 7:17:58 AM
"
Sidad wrote:
"
Bisrob wrote:
I want to upgrade my weapon and you stated that added fire damage "to spells" will ruin EE. I just want to be sure, if a weapon has "adds xx to xx fire damage" (without 'to spells') that this counts for attacks and so we can use such weapons?

If you check few pages back this is answered quite few times. With AB node doesn't matter without AB node you can do damage with attack skills like Shield Charge or Ground Slam and thus trigger EE. If any piece of gear has "adds xx to xx fire damage" you have just ruined EE.

"
Bisrob wrote:
Edit: question to all... is poe.trade buggy? 2 days ago i was able to search for "total: increased fire damage with weapons". now i can just search for total increased fire damage with attack skills which returns items i dont want obviously.

I have only: "Increased fire damage with Attack Skills" option.

I went back up to page 75 and found nothing (with keywords).
I'm aware of the AB stuff, that was not my question ^^
Milky stated in the first post "Do NOT get any added fire damage for spells on you weapon or other gear!!!"
I just wanted to be 100% sure, that when the mod is called "adds xx to xx fire damage" - WITHOUT "to spells", if i'm save because Orb of storms is no attack skill.
"
Bisrob wrote:
I went back up to page 75 and found nothing (with keywords).

Keep looking. Its answered by Milky in one of his posts.

"
Bisrob wrote:
I'm aware of the AB stuff, that was not my question ^^
Milky stated in the first post "Do NOT get any added fire damage for spells on you weapon or other gear!!!"
I just wanted to be 100% sure, that when the mod is called "adds xx to xx fire damage" - WITHOUT "to spells", if i'm save because Orb of storms is no attack skill.

OoS is Spell skill and thus "Adds xx to xx Fire Damage to Attacks" doesn't affect OoS but Shield Charge/Leap Slam is Attack skill and these two skills we use can trigger EE so beware if you use Shield Charge or Leap Slam (or any other Attack skill) and have piece of gear that has: "Adds xx to xx Fire Damage to Attacks".
Last edited by Sidad on Aug 15, 2017, 7:41:58 AM
hi Milky

Could u update the my character section of your build with your 3.0 character now that u made your profile private would like to see your flask setup.

tnx for a killer build love it
adds x to x fire damage isnt that bad on a sceptre right? it only adds fire damage to normal melee attacks, not to shield charge or any other skill used by this guide?
Atziri's Promise Gain (10-15)% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect

work with RF totems or not ?
or better use amethysk flask?

and if i have 7000 hp have sense use cwdt (20lvl ) + Immortal call ( 20 lvl )
or better lover level ?

thn
Would Bisco's amulet work with the rf totems? I know other 'on kill' things don't but this is slightly different wording.
"
Enterich wrote:
adds x to x fire damage isnt that bad on a sceptre right? it only adds fire damage to normal melee attacks, not to shield charge or any other skill used by this guide?

Yes it is bad. "Adds x to x Fire Damage to Attacks" ads fire dmg to Shield Charge or Leap Slam since both skills are Attack skills. Read skill description.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Modifier:EnchantmentRighteousFireDamage2 does this work?? Or what enchamtnet will be the best for gloves/helm/boots??
Last edited by SkyleanRanger on Aug 15, 2017, 3:10:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info