[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Updated some gear, got 3.4k life + 1k mana so i guess thats 4.4k life. Big improvement, love the guide man, as a new member appreciate how much you help on this thread and how in depth this is <3
Last edited by heyitzash on Aug 14, 2017, 7:30:34 PM
Debeon's Dirge should be quite good with the build. Especially beserker warcry spam version. It's 2c on hardcore harbinger lol.

Edit: actually nvm it's 2h and isn't much better than a good roll Doryani's... very cheap though.
Last edited by LaserPanther on Aug 14, 2017, 7:45:37 PM
When Should I look to switch to a Shield? and do I keep lavigna wisdom or the +2 fire socket gems for searing bonds?
What are good maps and mods to look for this build? I'm new to poe.
Also, is the Wise Oak flask worth using instead of purity of elements (so I can go BM) if you're not resist cap at 75%?

Thank You.
Last edited by ntpphong on Aug 15, 2017, 1:18:09 AM
Switched over to berserker from chieftain and it seems like i take more than an extra 10% dmg taken died 3 time's to tier 7 map boss even with warcry spamming.

Any idea why that seems to be the case chieftain was so much smoother, i know it says in the guide its more risk vs rewards but like i said seems more than 10%.
Last edited by Damo1984 on Aug 15, 2017, 2:07:23 AM
"
ntpphong wrote:
If I link Enduring cry to cast on hit, will it auto trigger enduring cry?

there is no way to auto trigger warcrys anymore.
"

Hi Milkyslice why did you make your profile private I was using POB to follow the skill tree and gear now I cant use pastebin link :( .

i made it private, because everything stalked on my character was questioned instantly.
i wanna test some new cwdt setup and instantly i get a insult "hey dude you recommend xxx setup, but you are using this stuff! are you trolling?????"

its annoying so i keep it private.

"
When Should I look to switch to a Shield? and do I keep lavigna wisdom or the +2 fire socket gems for searing bonds?

when you feel that defence gets more important than dmg.

"
What are good maps and mods to look for this build? I'm new to poe.
Also, is the Wise Oak flask worth using instead of purity of elements (so I can go BM) if you're not resist cap at 75%?

Thank You.

chain is dangerous as a mapmod with any totem/minion build, but a pantheon upgrade helps against that.
besides that there is no mapmod thats impossible to run, while some combinations are obviously rather dangerous (like double elemental damage and - max resist).

wise oak is not worth using since the penetration does not help. But you can always use a bismuth flask for resists

"

Switched over to berserker from chieftain and it seems like i take more than an extra 10% dmg taken died 3 time's to tier 7 map boss even with warcry spamming.

Any idea why that seems to be the case chieftain was so much smoother, i know it says in the guide its more risk vs rewards but like i said seems more than 10%.

its 18% difference. 8% less dmg dealt of enemys with a chieftain and 10% more dm taken as a berserker ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 15, 2017, 2:17:46 AM
Hi Milky

Loving your build so far but I've recently been dying on T7-T8 maps.
I'm level 79 and haven't gone blood magic yet.
All resistances are capped and I'm on about 4.5K life.
Also my damage seems to be falling off too, using the 2 recommended unique jewels and 1 decent rare.
Any suggestions?

Hi Milky,

first, great build! It's my first RF totem build and I'm also not used to use warcrys but its really fun to play. The guide is well written and it's nice to see your steadily updates.

I'm farming currently up to T9 maps with crappy gear (bought it for about 7c overall after finishing act 10) and just with normal+cruel lab ^^

I want to upgrade my weapon and you stated that added fire damage "to spells" will ruin EE. I just want to be sure, if a weapon has "adds xx to xx fire damage" (without 'to spells') that this counts for attacks and so we can use such weapons?

Thx for response :)

Edit: question to all... is poe.trade buggy? 2 days ago i was able to search for "total: increased fire damage with weapons". now i can just search for total increased fire damage with attack skills which returns items i dont want obviously.
Last edited by Bisrob on Aug 15, 2017, 4:41:34 AM
"
Krygenic wrote:
Hi Milky

Loving your build so far but I've recently been dying on T7-T8 maps.
I'm level 79 and haven't gone blood magic yet.
All resistances are capped and I'm on about 4.5K life.
Also my damage seems to be falling off too, using the 2 recommended unique jewels and 1 decent rare.
Any suggestions?

Check your amulet for "Adds 10 to 18 FIRE Damage to Attacks" and do yourself favor and go BM and change mana flask for Rumi's or Granite flask. You'll see its huge difference and improvement compared to MoM.
Last edited by Sidad on Aug 15, 2017, 6:53:48 AM
"
Bisrob wrote:
I want to upgrade my weapon and you stated that added fire damage "to spells" will ruin EE. I just want to be sure, if a weapon has "adds xx to xx fire damage" (without 'to spells') that this counts for attacks and so we can use such weapons?

If you check few pages back this is answered quite few times. With AB node doesn't matter without AB node you can do damage with attack skills like Shield Charge or Ground Slam and thus trigger EE. If any piece of gear has "adds xx to xx fire damage" you have just ruined EE.

"
Bisrob wrote:
Edit: question to all... is poe.trade buggy? 2 days ago i was able to search for "total: increased fire damage with weapons". now i can just search for total increased fire damage with attack skills which returns items i dont want obviously.

I have only: "Increased fire damage with Attack Skills" option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info