[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Just wanted to add a big thank you to you.

I'm not a big player; before 3.0 I had never even played a map, nor levelled above 65.

I played this throughout 3.0 as a Chieftan on HC, died a couple of times about 70 trying to finish the story. Came back in 3.1 and decided to just carry on in Standard with it. Now L86 and have done my first Atziri and UL.

Was really surprised and happy to see it updated already with some good thoughts for 3.2 - more importantly, thoughts a relative novice like me can understand (mostly ;-) )

Three cheers for you.

o7
Can't decide whether to go totem RF or self cast RF for UBER LAB farming early league. Any idea what might be best super early league?
"
kasperkj0 wrote:
Can't decide whether to go totem RF or self cast RF for UBER LAB farming early league. Any idea what might be best super early league?

I'd go with self cast due to the higher life pool and regen being better against the traps, traps being the thing I find most annoying with lab.
thanks for probably the most well written guide I've used since I started playing this game ^.^

Started leveling, look forward to melting some faces later on with it.

Cheers.
1 idea for guide. A section on good leveling gear to use
"
Milkyslice wrote:
A caged Brute grants chance to ignite which can be used for scorching ray we pick up a bit later. Buy two spelltotem support gems (and level it in your gear) and leapslam.

Scorching Ray + chance to ignite don't work together.
"
Jaynno wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:
A caged Brute grants chance to ignite which can be used for scorching ray we pick up a bit later. Buy two spelltotem support gems (and level it in your gear) and leapslam.

Scorching Ray + chance to ignite don't work together.

you're right, fixing it later
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Thanks for the build
Last edited by jojo48_ on Mar 3, 2018, 6:23:52 PM
The last few leagues I have been playing a summener. Just to switch it up this league, I decided to try this as my starter build. Following the OP's leveling guide, prior to using Righteous Fire Totems he seems to be using a combination of Scorching Ray and Searing Bond. My question is, logistically what is the best way to deal with these two spells at the same time?
"
why Path of Building links section and Leveling as a Templar/Hierophant section are different which one should i follow.

because leveling with that skilltree is easier than the final one. The major difference is that you just travel 2 points in the direction of mind over matter early on instead of taking the full route around the scion area.

"
My question is, logistically what is the best way to deal with these two spells at the same time?

i currently just use scorching ray and orb of storms with a scorching ray totem because of starved sockets. Its just important to level the gems
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info