[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

no matter what happened, soul mantle will always be below 5c.
I am wondering whether to farm a tabula+2pyre or just save more, buy a soul mantle+2kikazaru and 5L that mantle.
"
sharbe wrote:
no matter what happened, soul mantle will always be below 5c.
I am wondering whether to farm a tabula+2pyre or just save more, buy a soul mantle+2kikazaru and 5L that mantle.

Mantle and 2x kikazaru was already below 10c together, cheaper than a tabula alone. a 4link mantle is enough until ~t10 maps and ran shaper with a 5l mantle in 3.0.

I will just buy the mantle, buy a 5l prophecy and later buy a 6l mantle if i want when ppl wanna sell their leaguestarter char gear ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Going all well so far, Soul mantle is indeed cheaper than i expected.

I leveled with molten strike + ancestral call + random weapon until first laby, since then it has been smooth sailing overall. The QoL of having 4 totems + the hiero speed bonus to spawn them is quite awesome.

Lab was a breeze and had no issue on Kitava or act bosses, though i got a few deaths trying to go too fast. I also find the stuns really annoying, i'll probably look for a decent way to get stun immunity at some point.
Last edited by Axylxys on Mar 3, 2018, 9:15:17 PM
couldn't play much myself, just one session to piety yet :(

Brine king pantheon can help a lot with stuns. the chain immunity (later on) is useful, but not very often needed. There aren't many good alternatives tho

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 3, 2018, 11:09:53 PM
Balefire seems really nice for pre-doryani-era boss fighting. the attack speed is kinda low for shield charge.
Hey Milky, thanks for 3.2 update. I'll give it a try again, those Hiero buffs are making me to twitch ;)

One remark - in your guide, Leveling section, you wrote:
"
A caged Brute grants chance to ignite which can be used for scorching ray we pick up a bit later.

This is not correct, because SR does not hit, and therefore it cannot be supported by this gem.
- TroubiCZ
Hey, thanks for the guide!

Just finished cruel lab for Ritual of Awakening. Feels a lot quicker and the coverage with 3 totems is really nice!
I don't understand how I can switch to RF/SR totems at lvl 40 without ancestral bond. What's the point?

I mean later when you have merc lab and soul mantle you don't need it sure. But so early?
Used an RF totem + self-cast SR and searing bond, worked fine for me, though it might be better to use the standard Ancestral bond + Firestorm/Flameblast for leveling (My friend leveled with them and it was overall smoother). Should work fine ones you get first Accendancy. Know that you might have some small problems with Izaro when challenging first lab (bad gear + a bit underleveled for that exact lab).
RF + SR becomes pretty easy once you get accendance.
Last edited by ZloOn on Mar 4, 2018, 6:09:11 AM
"
KatKira wrote:
I don't understand how I can switch to RF/SR totems at lvl 40 without ancestral bond. What's the point?

I mean later when you have merc lab and soul mantle you don't need it sure. But so early?

i mean, skill it if you want. I dont wanna bother with traps for EE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info