[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
jovanmhn wrote:
"
Andizlack wrote:
Still keeping people in line here, huh Milky? Looks like you went over 100 pages since I last checked this thread out, so congratulations! My rf totemer is still sitting at level 81 and a 4L armour. The slow clear speed just bothered me too much, but I've essentially wasted 300c and who knows how many hours working on a farmer that can't really kill red bosses. haha. So my question for you would be this: what is the minimum class and gear level I should have before being able to comfortably run shaped shores on this build ya think? I tried just the boss with him yesterday and it would have taken ages to kill.

Not to white knight Milky, but I gotta call you out on your bullshit.

300c allegedly in, but still on a 4 link? You do realize a 5link prophecy is 25c?

At this stage of the league, you can make a <50c rf totem char that can do t15 maps EASILY.

I have no idea what would you even invest 300c on, because the only really expensive item in this build is the Tukohama, which is more like a quality of life upgrade.
Perfect 3 stat dmg jewels go around for 15-20c, all uniques are 1c except a doryanis(20c, 70c for perfect roll) and tukohama (400-500c)

As for my char, I cleared all the content in the game at lvl 91.
I do have a 6 link chest, and the tukohama, and a +1 curse amulet.

The only real drawback of this build, is the relying on RNG for the Elemental Overload proc on bosses with no spawns (mostly Shaper, because Atziri doesnt really have a timer).
With Crit chance support, and some crit on my gear, Orb of Storms sits at 17% crit chance, which is more than enough for maps, but can really mess you up on bosses if you are unlucky.

All in all, not having to care about map affixes is amazing, and saves a ton of currency, which is how I like to play PoE, so this was a great build for me.
If I had the patience to lvlup to 96-97 I could grab 1 or 2 more jewel slots, which would probably make this build an afk boss killer

I was talking about a different build, a pf wander, not my rf totem, but thanks for the reply.
One thing i am not 100% getting is this: say we use orb of storms and it triggers Elemental equilibrium. Then when we cast the totems and they take fire dmg, the debuff goes away immediately or after a while? So we need to recast OOS then.
Last edited by icy20 on Sep 6, 2017, 3:18:16 AM
"
icy20 wrote:
One thing i am not 100% getting is this: say we use orb of storms and it triggers Elemental equilibrium. Then when we cast the totems and they take fire dmg, the debuff goes away immediately or after a while? So we need to recast OOS then.

the debuff lasts 5secs and is not overwritten by dots.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
icy20 wrote:

the debuff lasts 5secs and is not overwritten by dots.

Thank you!

Is a decent Doryani's (~120+ Ele Damage total) worth the investment (I'm still quite far short of a Tukohama's Fortress, so I don't want to spend unnecessarily) if I have this? It has served me well so far. The lower-tier Ele Damage implicit is a shame and that Lightning roll still bothers me but I think improving this would involve a lucky Annul and/or an Exa and that can't be worth it.
Last edited by Kastanj on Sep 7, 2017, 7:37:22 AM
"
Kastanj wrote:

Is a decent Doryani's (~120+ Ele Damage total) worth the investment (I'm still quite far short of a Tukohama's Fortress, so I don't want to spend unnecessarily) if I have this? It has served me well so far. The lower-tier Ele Damage implicit is a shame and that Lightning roll still bothers me but I think improving this would involve a lucky Annul and/or an Exa and that can't be worth it.

The lightning dmg isnt even that bad, shield charge can debuff a beneficial EE with that ;)

Doryanis are prettx cheap right now and have some atk speed and castspeed on top of the dmg. atk speed for faster shild charge and castspeed for slightly faster rf and oos casting.

Tukohamas is only worth the investment if you plan to play the char a long time. If you look into other builds as well i would save the currency for that instead, its basically the price of a 6link :O

If I can beat the Shaper, the Breachlords and maybe Uber Atziri without a Tukohama's then I have no need for one. I do think it's my other rare gear and jewels that needs upgrading, together with a few more levels. I have the build you uploaded when you killed the Shaper saved in PoB, so I know the minimum of survivability and damage I need.
"
Kastanj wrote:
If I can beat the Shaper, the Breachlords and maybe Uber Atziri without a Tukohama's then I have no need for one. I do think it's my other rare gear and jewels that needs upgrading, together with a few more levels. I have the build you uploaded when you killed the Shaper saved in PoB, so I know the minimum of survivability and damage I need.

Tukohamas is not needed for any of those bosses. You just trade 40% totem dmg with 100 life (lioneyes), the extra totem is only useful for mapping and doesnt increase our dmg due to it.
For shaper i even should've used a 2nd doryani for the extra dmg instead of a shield since his attacks should be dodged anyway ;)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1623473

for those interested, i posted my support necro on this thread. pretty budget so far, but as any support build it can get very pricey over time ;)

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spell_Totem_Support:

"
As of patch Version 3.0.0, summoned totems have 45% less life and take 45% less damage. This will impact life leeched from attacking enemy totems and the damage dealt by Righteous Fire totems. THE TABLE BELOW DOES NOT REFLECT THESE CHANGES!

Pretty much explains why it deals less damage than expected. It got nerfed!
RF totems is not the way to go in 3.0 .
Last edited by BinkanSalaryman on Sep 8, 2017, 5:27:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info