[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Hey thanks so much, still one question:

- what about Fire Penetration support? Is this suboptimal for us?

Your pastebin still seems to be MoM by the way. Perhaps you want to alter that to reflect your new choices?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
onomastikon wrote:

Your pastebin still seems to be MoM by the way. Perhaps you want to alter that to reflect your new choices?

It is suboptimal. Not even competition for sixth link. My char losses 60k DPS Vs shaper
and I thought fire pen should help there but obviously not.
"
onomastikon wrote:

"
FAQ - Read before asking questions plz

Why don´t you use Fire Penetration?

Penetration gems/skillnodes only work on hits, not damage over time effects

thanks for reading

ill take a look over the pastebin stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Sep 5, 2017, 12:02:11 AM
I'm sure it has been answered before but I ask again:
If i have anc bond and elem equilibrium how can I trigger the latter since i don't do dmg and only totems do? I tried experimenting with and without el equilibrium but i could not get a straight conclusion. For now (67 lvl) i have only rf totems and i tried getting the taunt totem but i was a little confused from the guide when i read that the decoy totem is linked with a cry and lightning trap. Those are completely different skills which i don't think linking them works.

A player told me that orb of storms does not work with anc bond enabled. Is that true?
Last edited by icy20 on Sep 5, 2017, 3:32:34 AM
"
icy20 wrote:
I'm sure it has been answered before but I ask again:
If i have anc bond and elem equilibrium how can I trigger the latter since i don't do dmg and only totems do? I tried experimenting with and without el equilibrium but i could not get a straight conclusion. For now (67 lvl) i have only rf totems and i tried getting the taunt totem but i was a little confused from the guide when i read that the decoy totem is linked with a cry and lightning trap. Those are completely different skills which i don't think linking them works.

A player told me that orb of storms does not work with anc bond enabled. Is that true?

i have a whole section about that in the guide...

also it doesnt matter if decoy totem, enduring cry and the trap are linked or not.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Sep 5, 2017, 5:11:39 AM
Still keeping people in line here, huh Milky? Looks like you went over 100 pages since I last checked this thread out, so congratulations! My rf totemer is still sitting at level 81 and a 4L armour. The slow clear speed just bothered me too much, but I've essentially wasted 300c and who knows how many hours working on a farmer that can't really kill red bosses. haha. So my question for you would be this: what is the minimum class and gear level I should have before being able to comfortably run shaped shores on this build ya think? I tried just the boss with him yesterday and it would have taken ages to kill.
"
Andizlack wrote:
Still keeping people in line here, huh Milky? Looks like you went over 100 pages since I last checked this thread out, so congratulations! My rf totemer is still sitting at level 81 and a 4L armour. The slow clear speed just bothered me too much, but I've essentially wasted 300c and who knows how many hours working on a farmer that can't really kill red bosses. haha. So my question for you would be this: what is the minimum class and gear level I should have before being able to comfortably run shaped shores on this build ya think? I tried just the boss with him yesterday and it would have taken ages to kill.

well i killed shaper with 75c worth of gear on this build, basically the same price as a raw doomfletch costed me for another build ;)

a 5link helps a lot for red maps and some scorching ray setup. its basically just placing the totems and facetank that boss with warcrys inbetween.

"
Andizlack wrote:

Not to white knight Milky, but I gotta call you out on your bullshit.

300c allegedly in, but still on a 4 link? You do realize a 5link prophecy is 25c?

At this stage of the league, you can make a <50c rf totem char that can do t15 maps EASILY.

I have no idea what would you even invest 300c on, because the only really expensive item in this build is the Tukohama, which is more like a quality of life upgrade.
Perfect 3 stat dmg jewels go around for 15-20c, all uniques are 1c except a doryanis(20c, 70c for perfect roll) and tukohama (400-500c)

As for my char, I cleared all the content in the game at lvl 91.
I do have a 6 link chest, and the tukohama, and a +1 curse amulet.

The only real drawback of this build, is the relying on RNG for the Elemental Overload proc on bosses with no spawns (mostly Shaper, because Atziri doesnt really have a timer).
With Crit chance support, and some crit on my gear, Orb of Storms sits at 17% crit chance, which is more than enough for maps, but can really mess you up on bosses if you are unlucky.

All in all, not having to care about map affixes is amazing, and saves a ton of currency, which is how I like to play PoE, so this was a great build for me.
If I had the patience to lvlup to 96-97 I could grab 1 or 2 more jewel slots, which would probably make this build an afk boss killer
Milky thanks for your guide.

I've seen your 3.0 Shaper video, and I'm wondering if you're using Concentrated Effect or Increased AOE? Also it seems that you're not using Orb of Storm in that fight?
"
jetinha wrote:
Milky thanks for your guide.

I've seen your 3.0 Shaper video, and I'm wondering if you're using Concentrated Effect or Increased AOE? Also it seems that you're not using Orb of Storm in that fight?

i use conc effect in the fight.

rewatched the clip (phase 3 only) and i often use Orb of Storms in that fight, basically everytime i can after replacing the totems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info