LavaBurst

this amazing flask triggers savage hit buffs of berserker

because Shaper's Beam or Vortex are not hit but Dot damage you may have killed with dot damage before you can outleech t he damage, so with doedre flask, you can control when to have 100% leech active.

make sure you have -60% chaos resistance. : )
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on May 31, 2017, 6:23:36 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:

this amazing flask triggers savage hit buffs of berserker

because Shaper's Beam or Vortex are not hit but Dot damage you may have killed with dot damage before you can outleech t he damage, so with doedre flask, you can control when to have 100% leech active.

make sure you have -60% chaos resistance. : )

Yeah, I was and will probably at least get that flask for my Terminus Est pathfinder flickerstriker since she can refill flask charges easily. But it too has good utility for a zerker.
Last edited by reciprocate on May 31, 2017, 8:03:45 PM
u r claiming that 8 projectiles (helm enchant + 1x wildfire) have the best single target dmg, but this calc https://gitlab.com/MoldyDwarf/MoltenStrikeDPS/blob/master/molten_strike_dps_notebook.ipynb shows that 12 projectiles (helm enchant + 2x wildfire + dying sun) have the best single target dmg, especially if u position urself correctly and do not namelock the boss.

i found the calc in this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1903956
"
Freya98 wrote:
u r claiming that 8 projectiles (helm enchant + 1x wildfire) have the best single target dmg, but this calc https://gitlab.com/MoldyDwarf/MoltenStrikeDPS/blob/master/molten_strike_dps_notebook.ipynb shows that 12 projectiles (helm enchant + 2x wildfire + dying sun) have the best single target dmg, especially if u position urself correctly and do not namelock the boss.

i found the calc in this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1903956

i found these assumptions of "best dps with molten strikes" too theoretical to be honest. In ideal world, maybe 12 projectiles dying sun is better, but those ideal world conditions dont come together all the time.

it's important to highlight that while using molten strikes, namelocking is not a good idea at all.

this is very important.

my point is, "positioning yourself correctly" in shaper fight is something which is really hard to do,

so i prefer stable, practical solutions over theoretical 12 projectiles + "good" positioning solutions.

i' won't be closing my ears to these news though and do new tests with different setups.

thanks for the input.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jun 1, 2017, 3:06:20 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
Freya98 wrote:

i found these assumptions of "best dps with molten strikes" too theoretical to be honest. In ideal world, maybe 12 projectiles dying sun is better, but those ideal world conditions dont come together all the time.

it's important to highlight that while using molten strikes, namelocking is not a good idea at all.

this is very important.

my point is, "positioning yourself correctly" in shaper fight is something which is really hard to do,

so i prefer stable, practical solutions over theoretical 12 projectiles + "good" positioning solutions.

i' won't be closing my ears to these news though and do new tests with different setups.

thanks for the input.

according to the calculator namelocking with 12 proj is still more dmg than namelocking with 8 proj.
so u benefit from 12 proj even with "bad positioning" according to this calc.
"
Freya98 wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
Freya98 wrote:

this is very important.

thanks for the input.

according to the calculator namelocking with 12 proj is still more dmg than namelocking with 8 proj.
so u benefit from 12 proj even with "bad positioning" according to this calc.

yeah but one jewel is like 8% damage, 1 flask is like 15-20% more damage. for 12 projectiles i gotta sacrifice both.
Last edited by Rupenus on Jun 1, 2017, 3:42:00 PM
there arent 5 dmg flasks for molten strike. what do u sacrifice for dying sun? according to the calc dying sun is 15% more dmg i think. 2x wildfire should be worth it, didnt check how much more dmg 1x wildfire is though. probably more than 15% dmg.
Last edited by Freya98 on Jun 1, 2017, 3:58:31 PM
taste of hate + atziri flask + vinktar + 1 for anti shock + wise oak,

i'll do tests,

i'll compare taste of hate damage + 1 jewel damage vs dying sun + 1 wildfire.
(talking about exquisite blade variant ehre of course)

-finishing a project report now, when its over - probably tomorrow - i'll run the numbers on that calculator and gonna have more things to say.

Last edited by Rupenus on Jun 1, 2017, 4:36:31 PM
imho toh > vov + shock flask coz u dont need the leech from vov

im using toh, dying sun, crit flask (anti bleed), atziri, doedres/wise oak

btw im playing with dual wield rapiers with high base crit, although i think that exquisite blade is more dmg overall. im playing legacy. cant get a good 2 hand sword in legacy...

/EDIT: i tried my build with ur 2-hand-blade instead of my dual wield rapiers and changed the skilltree into 2-hand-dmg in path of building.
jeez ur blade is insane... i would have almost twice as much dmg with ur blade XD
Last edited by Freya98 on Jun 1, 2017, 7:47:03 PM
"
Freya98 wrote:
imho toh > vov + shock flask coz u dont need the leech from vov

im using toh, dying sun, crit flask (anti bleed), atziri, doedres/wise oak

btw im playing with dual wield rapiers with high base crit, although i think that exquisite blade is more dmg overall. im playing legacy. cant get a good 2 hand sword in legacy...

/EDIT: i tried my build with ur 2-hand-blade instead of my dual wield rapiers and changed the skilltree into 2-hand-dmg in path of building.
jeez ur blade is insane... i would have almost twice as much dmg with ur blade XD

Exquisite blade base is awesome if you can manage crit and accuracy. Otherwise the safe route is to go Oro's with RT (which I am doing). The clearspeed with Oro's RT with flicker is great (5L), then switch my 6L Oro's for Molten Strike for bosses on T13 and higher maps.

[edit] I ran with a 90% monsters avoid elemental status effects mod on a T12 Necropolis map, it was hard to keep up with Flicker, but still fairly doable, albeit obviously slower just using molten strike.
Last edited by reciprocate on Jun 2, 2017, 2:06:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info