Development Manifesto: Energy Shield and Life

"
Astealoth wrote:
I think vaal pact nerf is justified, but I think an extremely draconian ghost reaver nerf would be too much. Vaal pact is completely outrageously powerful, but ghost reaver by itself as is feels pretty middle of the road. I played my ES char this league without VP for several weeks and the absolute insane unlimited power just isn't there. I would like to see build diversity increased, not just totally tipped to the other side. I am coming at this from the perspective of a 4 year life build loyalist who's only made 2 ES builds and played them firmly as alts.

build diversity? said thanks to aoe nerf for "build diversity"...

now we can play another ST/FB/vaal spark/fireball build, such a diversity
i could agree with vp and gr changes. and maybe a small reduction of es here and there but a 33% reduction basically across the board??? why not just buff life a little? this will make ci/ll literally only for the 1% who can afford the best of the best es gear as someone who plays all styles life/ll/ci this is an absolute nuke for the portion of the community who cant afford mirror worthy es gear in every slot
Rip ES
"
FalloutVault wrote:
So now we cant make builds we want. Thanks for boring game

Nope. Still will be many builds, but not those OP ES ones - red map mod with any curse, any diff? Meh, insta leach on 10kES and you cannot die. Shaper?Meh, peace of cake. Crazy moded strand farming (double beyound etc etc)? Peace of cake.

Now you must start to think, what/how to play with your ES char :D

Overall - good news. :D
finally
Might as well delete my account. I am thankful that I got to play this game while it was still somewhat fun (2.4).

R.I.P.
"
Rory wrote:
For your benefit:
TLDR:

Now this is a story all about how
ES got nerfed right into the ground
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I made our Int defences totally fair

At the top of the tree, it was nerfed and raised
On niche builds was where it spent most of its days
Not for min-maxin', just trying to be cool
If you didn't like life, CI was your tool
'Til Vaal Pact and GR let it put life to shame
Started making trouble in the metagame
It cakewalked the fights and the team got scared
We said, "You're getting a big rework 'til the meta's repaired."

I ground down the values on all of the gear
Had to buff some base types to keep it all fair
All to nerf what you could get from the best rare
Then I whipped up new life mods
That all armour could share

We dialed down some keystones, giving them all a flaw
We tweaked crafted mods and we added some more
So that's all the changes
But don't you be a hater
You'll try it all out and we'll tweak it in Beta

Really great work! A piece worthy of a Prince of Bel Air
Rest in piece Path of Exile.
"
AlexMaxima wrote:
Rest in piece Path of Exile.

Vaal Pact changes is bullshit. im crying
I seriously hope GGG is joking here.
Nerf then tree ES % multiplifiers then if you so like nerf train. They are so much more than life multiplifiers!! Even jewels can do more % to ES than to life. That`s why many preferred ES. It was better. And yes, not speaking about laughable amounts life can be achieved. And really useless armor system what no one really bother to have.

I wish life nodes can have +16% to life an it is ES have now. That way you will see not so much cries about dead nerf actions. This is more about balance.

But now it seems ES becomes no go at all. Seriously? No even energy flasks to replenish ES as life flasks and now even no leech possible? With constantly being attacked in higher difficulties it is full ES fail.

How do you suppose my howa ranger now survive in maps?
She is not even close to god tier items with 8k ES.
This is just kills the build. And kills any currency invested it it.

I wish GGG to play their own game.
And not only starting normal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info