Energy Shield and Life

"
etkratos wrote:
Had something to say, but after reading some posts i'm not sure i still want to.

"They finally destroyed what i don't like, yayyyy!" Really? If you're etero your next step is to ask the government to make homosexual relationship illegal? Or the inverse? All peoples have to live by your standards?

Not saying these changes aren't good (or bad), just that the tone of some posts seem that of someone who has just won a long battle, while there wasn't even something that could have been called a skirmish. Anyone was always free to play what they liked most, so why this rage? Cuz you loved life builds and always felt jealous of your op ci friend? Why you cared so much?

I'm not evaluating the announcement itself, just saying that the whole thread has quickly evolved into "es fanboy vs life fanboy", so there's no hope anymore to have a nice and interesting exchange of opinions. It's a shame.

PS: I'm etero and i don't speak english (this has to be said to hopefully prevent bad jokes), and i don't like SOME of these news, while i could agree with some others. Not whining, just stating my personal opinion, since this is just a game and i don't give a fuck in the end.

Youre a complete idiot, what kind of comparisons are you trying to make where you compare nerfing of energy shield in a video game to homosexual relationships?! Are you out of your mind? You sound exactly like all of these crying Energy Shield "fanboys" that would ridicule themselves and blurt out the most ignorant statements ever heard by humans just to get some point accross they do not even understand themselves. And yes, hearing 20000 ES players cry so hard they are threatening to quit the game, stop all financial support, go back to d3, grim dawn or whatever because EVERYTHING IN POE IS FROM THIS POINT ON POINTLESS because you can only get 15k ES shield and not 25k anymore while Life players did shaper runs on 5k life. Yes, I feel the need to ridicule them.
"
zangora wrote:
In my opinion, don't use 25k ES guy as a standard of majority ES players have. Most of them (including me) only have around 7-12k ES.
I am afraid this adjustment also greatly reduce the survivability of medium level ES players, thus making the game unenjoyable.
Just rethink about this.
25k ES to 15k with compensation for faster recharge rate may look ok.
But 7k ES to 4.2k ES, man you're killing these players.

the way they said it is like LUL everyone has 25k es and 9k life LUL
when the reality is 5k life and 9k es.
GGG - i saw someone with a 25k es pool, lets nerf it.
GGG - omg that guy stacking poison/ignite melting every endgame boss with less than 1ex worth of gears, lets nerf it.
GGG - wtttt instant leeching with VP/vinktar, lets nerf it
"
69wanted69 wrote:
"
TenTonBlue wrote:

educate yourself

Not quite 25k ES, but I can't find the video I saw recently with 25k in Legacy playing solo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWt5PlHSy30&t=42s

And even lower ES facetanking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24v4plYy27Y&feature=youtu.be

Easy and cheap 10k ES:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQd11LoVAvw

-Credit to Deadseeds

so you saw something on reddit and that make you think ci is op?
if someone make a video about how op life build is would you be convinced too?
fucking sheep

So youre literally just choosing to ignore the evidence? well, with that kind of attitude, how could anyone possibly disagree with you.
Not everyone makes a 25k es build . Now after so many base reductions to ES, CI (or worse LL) will be only attempted by the top tier players who can accumulate a lot of ingame wealth to min-max their ES based character.

I actually thought they would introduce some diminishing returns to ES stacking, like how they did with aoe. So once you cross a threshold of some total es (eg​: 8-10k), the investment would need to be quite a bit to go higher . Ofcourse it would complicate things a bit in terms of calculations, but it would give us lesser mortals a chance to toy around with es builds.
Now as I see it, life.. good, es.. no thank you! But that's just me I guess, with my average casual playstyle.
Last edited by christerpereira on May 18, 2017, 12:11:17 AM
yeah im quitting too, i can't even do reflect maps lolz

from running only t16, to run t5 maps, wow
"
69wanted69 wrote:
"
zangora wrote:
In my opinion, don't use 25k ES guy as a standard of majority ES players have. Most of them (including me) only have around 7-12k ES.
I am afraid this adjustment also greatly reduce the survivability of medium level ES players, thus making the game unenjoyable.
Just rethink about this.
25k ES to 15k with compensation for faster recharge rate may look ok.
But 7k ES to 4.2k ES, man you're killing these players.

the way they said it is like LUL everyone has 25k es and 9k life LUL
when the reality is 5k life and 9k es.

Educate yourself

Easy and cheap 10k ES:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQd11LoVAvw
"
ItsRay wrote:

Youre a complete idiot, what kind of comparisons are you trying to make where you compare nerfing of energy shield in a video game to homosexual relationships?! Are you out of your mind? You sound exactly like all of these crying Energy Shield "fanboys" that would ridicule themselves and blurt out the most ignorant statements ever heard by humans just to get some point accross they do not even understand themselves. And yes, hearing 20000 ES players cry so hard they are threatening to quit the game, stop all financial support, go back to d3, grim dawn or whatever because EVERYTHING IN POE IS FROM THIS POINT ON POINTLESS because you can only get 15k ES shield and not 25k anymore while Life players did shaper runs on 5k life. Yes, I feel the need to ridicule them.

you seem to miss the point, hardcore exist in the game, 5k life killing shaper? yea in about 5 runs you will die atleast once. now if you nerf es build in line with that, that would just mean no more shaper for hardcore.
life needed a buff,needed a more than a extra 1k life buff.
Last edited by 69wanted69 on May 18, 2017, 12:11:58 AM
Vaal Pact change is perfect.ES should be about generating itself steadily with a big buffer and life fast and zappy but small buffer.This change makes them more a build choice where it will work better for some builds than others.I think this is just like the DoT change and gives more diversity.
Sooo, will my opop 900+ regalias go to shit when patch hits or will they stay with legacy values?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info