Damage Over Time Changes - More Information Part 2

Thank you for changes! I have two questions.

1. Currently Bronn's Lithe description says "increased damage with movement skills". Will it increase burning, bleed and poison damage in 3.0, if it's aplied by Cyclone or another movement skill?
2. How "Gain % of damage as extra" modifiers will work in 3.0? Since Viper's strike converts damage to chaos, I guess poison damage of it is based on both physical and chaos damage. But what for Caustic Arrow? If I use Poison support gem, how it will interact with extra chaos damage that skill gets? Same question goes for all other such modifiers: Ming's Heart, Herald of Ash, Hatred (with Hrimburn), Hinekora, Death's Fury, etc.
Last edited by Harsel on May 11, 2017, 5:03:47 AM
"
DasName wrote:
Long story short, the new system is totaly broken and stupid. The explanation is realy simple:
Assuming we can scale both, the DPS and the DOT and we do have to choose we obviously will scale the "better" one.
Meaning you eliminated half of the game components for a lot of builds. Oh, look at this amazing build it scales ignites and doesn't give a fuck about the normal hit. How exciting.

Do you have any idea what you have done and what the new optimized builds will look like?
I guess not.

They will look like cute Pathfinder holding her 300+ pDPS bow in one hand and Signal Shot build guide in another.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on May 11, 2017, 4:45:24 AM
game is changing i like it.

rip double-dip Kappa
RIP "Severed in Sleep/United in Dream"?
"
DasName wrote:
Long story short, the new system is totaly broken and stupid. The explanation is realy simple:
Assuming we can scale both, the DPS and the DOT and we do have to choose we obviously will scale the "better" one.
Meaning you eliminated half of the game components for a lot of builds. Oh, look at this amazing build ( i totaly created it myself by using 3rd party toools) it scales ignites and doesn't give a fuck about the normal hit. How exciting.

Do you have any idea what you have done and what the new optimized builds will look like?
I guess not.

DoT builds are generally safer while flat damage builds do better DPS.DoT builds would require a little more skill where you know when to stop attacking and let the DoT do the rest of the work for you.Stacking would still be valid as you could build a stack up and then just break away from an enemy once you can tell it will be enough to finish them.Also DoTs should become more visually effective where you see life draining faster and faster as it will be less diluted by flat damage.
Due to all these DOT changes/ fix double dipp can we finally stack our DOT damage with other ppl with party. For example playing 2x fire build which cause ignite while we hitting same mob/boss only highest damage working not both :(

ps. like playing with party isn't worth it at all just for more iir/iiq and mobs life 50% more per 1.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on May 11, 2017, 5:00:23 AM
"
However, in the Beta, many weapon clusters will have large modifiers to Bleeding or Poison damage on them, in addition to their other effects, so you will have some natural increases to Bleeding or Poison Damage by directing yourself to those clusters, while still increasing your physical hit damage.

For past week or so forums has been fairly nuts about how shit poison and bleed will be with weapon attacks. Well there we go, although we don't know the numbers of these clusters yet, some of it is resolved, and there is the lack of knowledge on support gems.

"
Monsters will use the same system as players for Bleed, Poison and Ignite, just with different damage values. This means that in some cases, these Damage over Time effects could be more dangerous, as player mitigation won't apply to both the hit and then the resultant damage over time effect.

Holy that is seriously scary. looks like 30k armour still gonna get your character potentially deleted by a harmless looking snake or archer :) .

Take a 200 damage hit and result in 2000 dps dot that can get multiplied by vuln, and is still scary when you are stationary.

RIP abyssus users lol.

On the bright side having armour doesn't mean you can just sit in spikes in labyrinth hopefully.
Holy crap this is complex. I could not understand anything :(
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
"
LieutenantMoe wrote:
"
Will Wither increase the damage taken by enemies from poison? Will chaos damage nodes still apply to poison?
Yes, both of these things will still apply.

I think I am really confused here, but isn't that double dipping if its a chaos damage attack that causes the poison?

Poison now won't be affected by the initial hit. Exemple with chaos damage: If you deal 100 chaos damage, with 100% chaos damage bonus from node, you'd do 200damage. Then from that 200 damage, poison would do 0.2 of it, which is 40 chaos damage. Double dipping would mean that the 40damage from the hit would then be boosted AGAIN by the chaos damage bonus from node to deal 80damage. Now, instead with the change. Poison damage won't be affected by initial hit, but will have a base damage. So if the poison deal 50 chaos, with the chaos damage bonus node it will do 100. No matter if you deal high phys or chaos damage before applying the poison. So the poison won't be able to get a higher damage from the hit that apply it.

Before 3.0.0:

100chaos damage + 100%bonus to chaos = 200damage.
Poison = 0.2% of 200damage -> 40damage. Poison apply 100% bonus to chaos = 80damage.
Total 280damage.

After 3.0.0
100chaos damage + 100%bonus to chaos = 200damage.
Poison = 20 base damage. Poison apply 100% bonus to chaos = 40damage.
Total 240damage.

But now they are saying there will be modifier to this, so I guess dagger etc will deal x% to poison, which will be added into the initial base damage.
"
Holy crap this is complex. I could not understand anything :(

Totaly agree, wtf being so complex
I'll let down and make pure dps, like that put dot damages into a trash and that's it :)

By the way, go work on game engine/interactions with the servers that are so disappointing and kill stupid build like howa and game will be better.
Last edited by Gryzorrr on May 11, 2017, 6:14:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info