Damage Over Time Changes - More Information Part 2

"
Obbu wrote:
I just replied to the previous manifesto post and noticed this one, so I'll re-iterate it here:

I have a question about the changes to remove blanket status effects:

Is stun regarded as an "ailment" also? it seems to have been omitted from all mentions of the previous manifesto posts discussing ailment changes.

Stun focused builds suffer from blanket immunities in much the same way that freeze builds do.

With the removal of blanket immunities, hypothermia as a choice becomes viable in situations where immunities would have removed it from the equation previously, damage-wise.

Stun builds suffer from the same complete-removal-of-build-mechanic as freeze builds do: and in cases where you rely on stun for endurance charge generation, an unwavering monster like the Minotaur Guardian can completely shut that down (possibly 2 jewels in your main attack become irrelevant vs unwavering: stun and endurance charge on melee stun).

In extreme cases, such as vigilant strike character using endurance charges as main-attack fuel, this would completely lock down your build on both defense and offense.

Is there any chance that stun will be included in the ailments pass?

Stun is the thematic of Mace but has not gotten enough spotlight in game. I do know it can stun lock most bosses if properly built, however, current game situation gives little merit to the stun mechanism.

I think switching the position of bleed and stun would be nice but I know that is not what GGG wants. Not only the immunity problem, but also stun should get some damage multiplier inherent for the stun status, (or from ascendancy class but least desirable (or from gems in the worst case)) etc.
Last edited by TrichocereusSP on May 11, 2017, 1:51:55 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
As a result of these changes, I infer that minions will still benefit from poison double dipping, is this correct?
No. No damage modifiers will double-dip for Bleeding, Poison or Ignite. Since those were the only Damage over Time effects that did double-dip, this means no Damage over Time effects in the game will double-dip any more.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

New System

Am I correct Minion damage modifiers will apply the same as above diagram so that minion damage modifiers will not double dip anymore?
Apparently someone did the math and the changes are 95% less ignite damage? as a result?

if thats so then ignite will be killed
we want aoe changes! >>> nerfed aoe to the ground
we want double dipping changes! >>> nerfed poison/bleed/ignite to the ground
gj
nice overview, thanks mark:

can we call "burning damage modifiers" ==> "ignite damage modifiers"?

it could confuse people into thinking that "burning damage" is a different damage type than "ignite damage".
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on May 11, 2017, 4:18:55 AM
Thx Mark_GGG, your graphic explains it all so much better!! Also, why didn't you post it before? It would have saved me some headache.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Let's talk about bleeding guys,

Weapon Elemental damage support gem become Elemental damage with attack,

what about melee physical damage support and melee damage on full life? does it become physical damage with melee attack?

Stop talk about poison,ignite, let's talk bleeding which is poorest damage source on POE.

Last edited by dksrlcjf14 on May 11, 2017, 2:49:50 AM
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
But Shock is already quite powerful, I think you might be selling it short there.

The problem with shock is that it's most efficiently applied with either Vinktar or Vaal Lightning Trap.

Combined with the lack of a lightning DoT, that leaves very little reason to build around lightning as a main source of damage.

I don't see where shock is bad. my season starter was a shock nova build. had my guy up to around 200k damage and cleared things just fine. Other then boss fights cause boss was immune to shock.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
This entire text reads like "We're breaking your favourite toys and giving you something bland and mediocre in return".

What we need is some competition in the arpg market so ggg can't keep making these bad decisions and get away with it. malice discharge is utter poop now to play. Showing how little ggg knows about balance.

when a game mechanic forces GGG to create end game content to withstand that mechanic. which in turn also makes the other 80% skills worthless to even attempt to do the end game content. this is a good choice by them. first they are balancing (nerfing) a bad mechanic and replacing it with something else to allow those other 80% of junk skills a chance to shine with the new improvements to the bad mechanic. Thus allowing you to play more builds with various play styles. I am pretty sure they will make adjustments on other things to still allow you to feel that OMG IM PEW PEW PEW 1 SHOTTING everything cause i spent 200ex. It just other skills will be able to shine. So, calm your britches and take a chill pill. These guys have been in the game design buisness for a while now, they know what they are doing.
So if ignite aint come anymore from initial hit, then fire penetration gem is useless.. There is coming some new gems what boost DoT or remove resistances to DoT when hit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info