[3.8] Demi's FlyingPurplePeople Cyclone/Bladestorm/Earthquake/Ice Crash Slayer Guide

Hey everyone, fantastic guide!

Probably a noob/dumb question, but would it be possible to use a very similar build with a Vaal Pact Berserker? Just opting out of Hematophagy and a few other nodes, dropping the Voidheart and taking VP in the tree?

It would be vastly inferior for lab obviously but it could facetank pretty much any boss with the HP pool + the instant leech from VP and the Berserker ascendancy nodes. I know Slayer has insane leech but it's still not comparable with the instant leech from a VP Berserker to facetank super hard hitting bosses.

What's your opinion? Just theorycrafting obviously, I was hesitating between Berserker and Slayer for my new char and thought this could absolutely work with a Berserker.

Thanks!
Last edited by amasokin on Sep 5, 2017, 10:38:56 PM
slayer still superior simply cause of the 100% increased life leech and overleech . use atziri gloves with carnage heart and same leech nodes (don't even Need) i facetank izaro fully buffed already at lvl 79 the leech is just crazy. also the 20% cull makes izaro just ezmode in 3rd stage

right now I am farming t11/12/13/14/15 maps with 5link (iiq) and biscos lul
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
Last edited by Knampfclown on Sep 5, 2017, 10:48:12 PM
What do you think about Carcass Jack?
Just did minotaur rare map died twice (were my misstakes) and hydra rare corrupted facetanked most of abilities exept the "power shot" that could oneshot me since map had crit mods overall loving this build!

i was cyclone ngamanu build decided to remake him to this build took like 3x regrets as level 91 and by the way this build is cheaper then ngamanu since xoph's is way too expensive(harbringer)
Last edited by AlextazY on Sep 6, 2017, 2:10:57 AM
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:

I was using carcass jack for increased AoE and AoE damage, but changed it to belly, since belly gives more life.

you need 3 red sockets in carcass (in 5L) for warchief and that might be a bit expensive to obtain/craft if you are unlucky.

after the chest replacement i have the exact same AoE since i swapped my devoto for a one with 12% inc. area and specced into another area of effect node in the tree.

I also recently bought carnage heart with +1 curse to run both vulnerability and enfeeble with blasphemy.

Spoiler

I will probably buy lvl 4 enlighten to reduce mana upkeep of my curses so I could squeeze in arctic armour for more tankiness. Should have still enough mana for my main skill and occasional golem resummon.
"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
Last edited by k4n3 on Sep 6, 2017, 3:58:02 AM
"
k4n3 wrote:
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:

I was using carcass jack for increased AoE and AoE damage, but changed it to belly, since belly gives more life.

you need 3 red sockets in carcass (in 5L) for warchief and that might be a bit expensive to obtain/craft if you are unlucky.

after the chest replacement i have the exact same AoE since i swapped my devoto for a one with 12% inc. area and specced into another area of effect node in the tree.

I also recently bought carnage heart with +1 curse to run both vulnerability and enfeeble with blasphemy.

First thanks for your reply!
I think i could get the colors on Carcass, but maybe Belly is really more interesting because of Life and Armour.

I realy like the Idea of Dual Curse, even if it's really expensive!
How about your Mana Sustain? And Life Pool without Blood Magic?
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
"
k4n3 wrote:
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:

First thanks for your reply!
I think i could get the colors on Carcass, but maybe Belly is really more interesting because of Life and Armour.

I realy like the Idea of Dual Curse, even if it's really expensive!
How about your Mana Sustain? And Life Pool without Blood Magic?

7.4k life atm.
wearing a ring with mana leech for sustain.
very rarely do I have a problem with mana, even on 60% reduced regen maps. just need to be sure you are hitting monsters and not air. :)
of course blood magic would be perfect to never have any problems, but I wanted to try this build a bit differently than the OP proposes.

"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
or just use cast when damage taken - blade vortex/ball lightning - curse on hit - enfeeble

+witchfire brew and get the juicy 35% life from blood Magic ^-^
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
"
Knampfclown wrote:
or just use cast when damage taken - blade vortex/ball lightning - curse on hit - enfeeble

Yeah, that will work too. But I prefer as little keyboard work as possible hence blasphemied curses.
"
Knampfclown wrote:

Sorry, could you explain this setup in detail?
Especially why you would use both (CWDT and COH).
And why BladeVortex / BallLightning?

Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info