[3.8] Demi's FlyingPurplePeople Cyclone/Bladestorm/Earthquake/Ice Crash Slayer Guide

"
Radgris wrote:
Hello, tried to follow your builds but the PoB damage listing seems to be considerably lower.

besides the atziri and sin's rebirth, which i've already accounted for, can you see anything that seems to be hindering my damage massively?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Radgris/characters

Characer Howard_Keyron

even when changing to lacerate, 20/20 gems and better rings the increase i get is minor in contrast to the discrepancy i find between builds.

could it be the jewels? are they that relevant in this build?

So some of it is probably quirks with PoB if you're like me and you don't know how to use it very well. A big one is to make sure whether you have "both slashes" checked under Lacerate on the left side panel. Another is to check if your flasks are checked as active and if you have "always on full life" checked in the configuration to make sure it's counting the Damage on Full Life support.

Other than that, most of his PoB is done with all GG perfect gear that you're almost certainly not going to attain unless you spend everyday flipping on poe.trade, so the gear probably accounts for a bit. You should also check that your jewels have decent damage/attack speed rolls on them.

That's really all the advice I have to give, other than that just make sure the trees are the same and you have best roll you can get on Starforge and such.
yeah, all of this is already accounted for, simulated with his items even, different flasks, etc, doesn't seem to help and idk why, checked every config there is and still makes little sense,heck, my starforge is almost exactly as good as his ( mine is like 713.25 and his is 714 something).

in any case i guess i could be missing something.

btw, what do you think of crimson dance?
"
malarix1222 wrote:
"
TROGLODYT wrote:

What do you mean "Set auto attack to walk only"? I have Leap slam on my spacebar.
Can you explain?

You set your left click to walk only. That way when you left click, instead of trying to attack when you left click with numlock method, you'll be able to walk normally instead. If you still don't get why you change left click to walk only, go into game and set it to basic attack and then hold shift and try to walk.

I still dont understand, What the connection between "Set auto attack to walk only" at mouse left button and Leap slam on spacebar?
IGN: ExileGranny
GMT: +2
A Few things to sell: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/668761
"
TROGLODYT wrote:

I still dont understand, What the connection between "Set auto attack to walk only" at mouse left button and Leap slam on spacebar?

It doesn't really matter what key you have Leap Slam set to. The idea is that it perpetually keeps shift down, so that when you leap slam you don't have to hold it down and you can easily get leap slam to always jump to the maximum range it's able to take you.
First things first, thanks for the guide DeMi !

I just wanted to ask you something, when I started I wanted to use Sunder and a 2H sword but I realized quickly that Sunder cannot be used by any 2H sword. Which is a damn shame by the way.

I don't know if you already replied to a similar question, but do you think Reave could be a good alternative ? Edit : just realised Reave cannot work with 2H weapons XD sorry !

I'm not that experienced in the game and the only builds I see are with Lacerate (so many of them), Sunder or sometimes Earthquake. Not a big fan of both Lacerate and Earthquake, that's why I'm asking. ^^

Anyway, keep up the good work and thanks again !
Last edited by Fatabot on Aug 13, 2017, 7:02:08 AM
"
Fatabot wrote:
First things first, thanks for the guide DeMi !

I just wanted to ask you something, when I started I wanted to use Sunder and a 2H sword but I realized quickly that Sunder cannot be used by any 2H (unless I'm mistaken). Which is a damn shame by the way.

I don't know if you already replied to a similar question, but do you think Reave could be a good alternative ? I'm not that experienced in the game and the only builds I see are with Lacerate (so many of them), Sunder or sometimes Earthquake. Not a big fan of both Lacerate and Earthquake, that's why I'm asking. ^^

Anyway, keep up the good work and thanks again !

Requires an axe, mace or staff...

so dont use a sword :P
"
tntkiller wrote:

Requires an axe, mace or staff...

so dont use a sword :P

Oh yea I meant "any 2H sword" XD I like dem swords that's why :P
ive done a couple lacerate builds, i think on this build maim should be on totem since it buffs lacerate also. and replace the maim with conc/inc on lacerate setup
Is this build viable in 3.0 for Shaper/Guardians? Does anyone have 3.0 video of gameplay with this?

Edit: Here's my pastebin - https://pastebin.com/P0Luhmfj

I theorycrafted to level 92, taking Starforge. As you can see, the damage is like 1/3rd of the OPs. Can someone help with the build?

I also took out most of the OPs jewels, still couldn't reach those damage levels.
Last edited by Dying__Lights on Aug 13, 2017, 11:17:04 AM
"
elderi wrote:
ive done a couple lacerate builds, i think on this build maim should be on totem since it buffs lacerate also. and replace the maim with conc/inc on lacerate setup

I wrote exactly the same thing a couple of pages back. It doesn't make much sense to use maim instead of CE/AoE on lacerate.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info