[3.8] Demi's FlyingPurplePeople Cyclone/Bladestorm/Earthquake/Ice Crash Slayer Guide

"
Karlchenkeule wrote:
Playing a current meta build or this build does not make that much of a difference.
There is a learning process required to figure out, which stats you need to be able to run every build.
I levelled much faster and smoother and took early map content with this build than with many i did before, not because it is a much better build than before, but because i played several characters to 85+ and know what to look for gear better than at the beginning, how the mechanics in a lot of fights work and so on.

And the fill in rares to get life/resistances are pretty much the same in every league and every build.
For Physical damage mitigation you use a lions roar flask (3000 armour and 20-25 more melee damage) and a basalt flask, as recommended in the build guide. To get high armour etc. on your gear is not as important as having enough life. Just look at the high end rares the build author uses. you dont find many increased armour nodes on them.

If you want to improve on your gearing process in general, there are several guides for that on the forum. If you have specific questions for your character, maybe you ask that in a specific forum post, because the problems you come across with this build are not build specific, but since you lack alot pretty much some basic character building rules that you will come across in most builds.

What i meant with offhand weapons is your 2nd weapon set you can equip. Just look at my character for example and you can see that i have an unused 2nd set of weapons with gems in it to level them to use/sell later.

And you dont follow the suggested leveling trees of this build either, you have no resolute technique for example, which is a key aspect of this build, because of the consistency of the damage.

Meta builds seem to roll face with least effort. But I'm here because I actually do want to play the game rather than just auto clear. Arc doesn't seem actually fun to play.

Yeah, author doesn't have a lot of armor mods on. And I question how he doesn't just die from the damage rolling out. I didn't find it too hard during the first couple acts, heck found it easier than the tornado shot build. But it's become Rocket tag at this point and I don't rightly find that fun.

And no I didn't have it because of the sword I'm using. If it makes THAT much of a difference I'll give it a shot.

What building rules do I lack besides not following the guide and seeing it WORK? No seriously, this is a problem I have with guides in general, they only seem to be fun or come online at end game when you have EVERYTHING the maker does.

I'm sorry, but if I'm not finding the guide to feel effective or be fun to play during the acts, why should I stick with it till maps? Again I like this better than the last character damn if there wasn't some walls you just slam into and the guide basically goes "hold down attack, win". That doesn't help explain why the build feels weak in spots and why I feel the need to try and gear/passive differently.
"
MerlinCross wrote:
"
Karlchenkeule wrote:
Playing a current meta build or this build does not make that much of a difference.
There is a learning process required to figure out, which stats you need to be able to run every build.
I levelled much faster and smoother and took early map content with this build than with many i did before, not because it is a much better build than before, but because i played several characters to 85+ and know what to look for gear better than at the beginning, how the mechanics in a lot of fights work and so on.

And the fill in rares to get life/resistances are pretty much the same in every league and every build.
For Physical damage mitigation you use a lions roar flask (3000 armour and 20-25 more melee damage) and a basalt flask, as recommended in the build guide. To get high armour etc. on your gear is not as important as having enough life. Just look at the high end rares the build author uses. you dont find many increased armour nodes on them.

If you want to improve on your gearing process in general, there are several guides for that on the forum. If you have specific questions for your character, maybe you ask that in a specific forum post, because the problems you come across with this build are not build specific, but since you lack alot pretty much some basic character building rules that you will come across in most builds.

What i meant with offhand weapons is your 2nd weapon set you can equip. Just look at my character for example and you can see that i have an unused 2nd set of weapons with gems in it to level them to use/sell later.

And you dont follow the suggested leveling trees of this build either, you have no resolute technique for example, which is a key aspect of this build, because of the consistency of the damage.

Meta builds seem to roll face with least effort. But I'm here because I actually do want to play the game rather than just auto clear. Arc doesn't seem actually fun to play.

Yeah, author doesn't have a lot of armor mods on. And I question how he doesn't just die from the damage rolling out. I didn't find it too hard during the first couple acts, heck found it easier than the tornado shot build. But it's become Rocket tag at this point and I don't rightly find that fun.

And no I didn't have it because of the sword I'm using. If it makes THAT much of a difference I'll give it a shot.

What building rules do I lack besides not following the guide and seeing it WORK? No seriously, this is a problem I have with guides in general, they only seem to be fun or come online at end game when you have EVERYTHING the maker does.

I'm sorry, but if I'm not finding the guide to feel effective or be fun to play during the acts, why should I stick with it till maps? Again I like this better than the last character damn if there wasn't some walls you just slam into and the guide basically goes "hold down attack, win". That doesn't help explain why the build feels weak in spots and why I feel the need to try and gear/passive differently.

You aren't following the guide, though. You're dying because you aren't ele res capped. Your damage is low partly because your passive tree is a mess (some random nodes that do virtually nothing and pathing towards Purity of Flesh when you can get life a lot more expeditiously with other nodes) and partly due to wrong flasks and low leveled links. Use the chaos recipe (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system#Full_Rare_Sets) to get a couple of chaos to upgrade your gear, mainly your rings, amulet, helmet, and gloves. Focus on resistances first and life second. This would apply to just about any build you do by the way, if you aren't res capped you're going to die.

Once you have enough life and are res capped I would consider moving away from blood magic and run some auras instead. It does a lot for damage, especially with the new banners.

As for your concern regarding armour, it doesn't work the way you think it does. It's actually a lot weaker than it looks in your tooltip (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour). In short, it mostly protects against very weak, physical attacks but does barely anything at all against big chunky hits from rares and bosses, which is what you most likely are dying from.
Just curious, under your defenses it says you cannot be stunned however, I don't see anything that gives you that. Was it from a different build set-up? Other than that, this build has been working very great for me and pretty fun.
Thanks!
"
Just curious, under your defenses it says you cannot be stunned however, I don't see anything that gives you that. Was it from a different build set-up? Other than that, this build has been working very great for me and pretty fun.
Thanks!

When you take the Acendency point Brutal Fervor. Cannot be stunned while leeching. Were always leeching so stun immune.
"
TranceEmotion wrote:
"
Thanks!

When you take the Acendency point Brutal Fervor. Cannot be stunned while leeching. Were always leeching so stun immune.

Brutal Fervor is not giving stun imunity anymore, sadly. So the option now is going for Unwavering Stance passive.
Last edited by Treor on Dec 18, 2018, 3:38:35 PM
Hey i decided i stay with Cyclone ( i leveled with tectonic and lacerate but dont feel it ) and i start wondering if POB is really messed or WTF

So i got Cyclone in 6 link and i use Disintegrator Malestorm Staff with 2 siphing charges

PoB tells me thats MORE dmg that would 5 L Atziri Disvafour do ......
on other hand im not running a Blood magic and i got hatred and still a lot of +X elemental dmg to atacks and buyin Starforge would make me deal LESS dmg :O

so if guys need CHEAP 5 link with cool dmg then go for it i pay for my 5 link like idk 60 c? The only problem is u would die from bleed dmg if u leap slam map without leeching :o
"
Treor wrote:
"
TranceEmotion wrote:
"
Thanks!

Brutal Fervor is not giving stun imunity anymore, sadly. So the option now is going for Unwavering Stance passive.

Ah, I see. I looked at it more closely and saw that discrepancy. I'll try the unwavering stance to see if it's needed for my current progression. Thanks for the help!
I'm using this build for Betrayal and loving it so far. Currently using EQ but may switch to Lacerate after I build up enough currency to do so.

Quick question, with the "new" build that doesn't use blood magic and instead reserves most of your mana for extra dps... do we bother with any mana regen effects? Mana leech? Mana per kill? Do we need any at all, and if so, which is best and what is the easiest item/way to obtain it? I watched your recent crafting video with a shaper kill at the end, and you didn't seem to have mana issues, but I looked through your pastebin link and I didn't see any mana effects. Maybe I missed it. Thanks in advance.
Would anyone mind taking a look at my gear and helping me understand why i get absolutely wrecked in t14+..

I've put quite alot of hours into this char so far and followed the guide the best i can but it honestly just feels such a drain to put i believe 6ex into my character so far and not even be able to progress past t13

I could potentially get a 6L chest to replace the belly but i'm not sure how huge of an upgrade that is?

Thanks in advance
"
Tempahdan1 wrote:
Would anyone mind taking a look at my gear and helping me understand why i get absolutely wrecked in t14+..

I've put quite alot of hours into this char so far and followed the guide the best i can but it honestly just feels such a drain to put i believe 6ex into my character so far and not even be able to progress past t13

I could potentially get a 6L chest to replace the belly but i'm not sure how huge of an upgrade that is?

Thanks in advance

if you're dying to syndicate members, they patched that today.

as for your gear, your belt has 8 life, boots have 0, ring has 40, gloves have 60, and literally none of your jewels have % life.

you're also missing a taste of hate and all 3 enchants on helm/boots/gloves.

might want to upgrade to endgame gear before you to try endgame content. just a tip.

read the "rare gear stat priorities" section if you want to know what to shoot for.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info