[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

Ok, sorry for the confusion, just forget it and thanks for the build .
"
Necrol wrote:
"
Karibean12 wrote:
I just asked . Since you can't answer a simple question like : Is slayer good for this build ?

If you are mad because your build is the only way to go its ok .

If his build would have been the only variant to go, he would not have changed it to cyclone or used quite some time to test variants of it with different uniques offering various advantages.

But corosou said often enough that he expects some effort before he answers questions, especially questions answered and discussed in this topic already.
While it might seem harsh to you, it is not meant that way. It is pretty much the same as raising kids. At some point you get the same question over and over, grow tired of it but still need to answer it.
Well, we are not his kids, most of us are adults or at least old enough to process this kind of information on our own. I personally think it is asked much of you to open the fourtysomething pages of this thread and let your browser search for slayer.

That is the point where i agree to corosou that this forum is not the ideal way to discuss and evolve things as it´s searching or indexing methods are very limited. On the other hand, i did not join slack because i enjoy playing this build way to much atm.

Excuse my english, i am no native speaker.

My man! I think you said it better than I said it in my long ass diatribe! So, I dunno what you mean, but your English is excellent! Much better than many many native speakers I know. English is also not my native language (Spanish is, I am from Colombia originally), but it's a beautiful language, I love the eloquence of it in this game, and I feel proud of the time I've taken to learn it well.

Thank you so much for writing this! Please join #Slack! We need more people like you there :)
"
Karibean12 wrote:

It's perfectly fine, I don't want to discourage your curiosity, it's actually quite the opposite, if you read in detail what I'm trying to say. I'm just trying to get you to take the next step; you see a different path for the build, so now it's time for you to go test it.
Think I am geared enough for Guardians now, just debating whether or not to buy a Taste of Hate now.

Spoiler

Running pretty much any map except for phys reflect and leach without an issue. About 7600 HP.

I am just ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE at boss mechanics, but for the most part I can stand in front of anything and survive as long as their is a body to leach from. Goal now is to get from 89-90 (will be easy), then stop worry about leveling/dying and take on the guardians. 90 seems like a nice plateau to stop and smell the roses at for a little :)

Probably one of my favorite builds I ever played. I usually don't even switch Conc Effect in, and after getting use to Blade Flurry mechanics, I can clear maps surprisingly fast with inc AoE.

Also, tried Cyclone and REALLY don't like the skill itself. Seems to clear nicely, just not my cup of tea.

Thanks again for this build and the time you sank into all the testing. Very well constructed build. Probably gonna be my starter for the next league I play as well, seeing that the weapons are cheap and could be an easy budget friendly starter build.
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Sep 18, 2017, 8:30:20 AM
Hi,Sorry to ask, but this really confused me. I follow this build all the way to here and I noticed that the builder changed "bleed chance support" to "damage on full life" and alos changed the gloves to shaper's touch. These changes indeed boost our damage. So, deos this mean we do not need to care for bleeding chance any more? If we donot bleed monsters, how do we get benefits of the damage with ailments from passive ? Maybe shock and stun (low chance) ?

Once again, i apologize for my bad English.

Hope someone can answer me this question. Thanks.
"
Karibean12 wrote:

You really shouldn't have to apologize for discussing a build. I think a few people in this thread, including/especially OP could chill out a bit.

People come to threads like this to talk ideas. Just because they haven't spent days researching or have an idea that sounds unusual doesn't mean they need to be talked to like they're an idiot or have done something wrong.

Like, Karibean literally suggested some passive ability changes to a build in a build discussion thread and is being talked to like he's trying to support anti-vaccination. People need to dial it back.
Last edited by Malira on Sep 18, 2017, 1:45:59 PM
"
Malira wrote:
"
Karibean12 wrote:

You really shouldn't have to apologize for discussing a build. I think a few people in this thread, including/especially OP could chill out a bit.

People come to threads like this to talk ideas. Just because they haven't spent days researching or have an idea that sounds unusual doesn't mean they need to be talked to like they're an idiot or have done something wrong.

Like, Karibean literally suggested some passive ability changes to a build in a build discussion thread and is being talked to like he's trying to support anti-vaccination. People need to dial it back.

It was what I meant .
I just liked the theme and base of the build, and in the first post it says nothing is set in stone.

My thought process was claws=right side of the tree. Probably I'm wrong in my idea , as I'm just learning the game.

All I wanted is to someone to point me out what I did wrong. Because probably is a lot of things, for instance my tree does not have area of effect and does not have Iron reflexes. All I want is someone playing this build to tell me: ''Look, we need Iron reflexes because X or we need left sides nodes because Y or ''You forgot that this item greatly improves with that node that you skipped.''

Instead I was called troll and replied with some cheap philosophy video.

Not to the OP, but someone playing this build, what do you think of this tree? It gives more DPS (not counting gems, I took them out ) and same HP . Am I missing something important ?

https://pastebin.com/KYaLRHrt
Repost, how to delete?
Last edited by Karibean12 on Sep 18, 2017, 3:22:09 PM
I had a look on that tree of yours. While i am pretty sure it will work, i am also pretty sure it will be slower and feel a bit more clunky in general clearing.

Corosou did not pick the weapons because they are claws. Well, he did so partly with Bloodseeker. But that one is mainly in for the instant leech.
The Scrouge is pretty much a dirt cheap generic phys dps weapon with some leech as bonus - we do not even need the leech on it. The leech from ascendancy and Bloodseeker seems to be more than enough to keep us upright. So we are free to replace the Scrouge with something else. I have not found something adequate for couple of chaos though.

As you said yourself, your tree lacks some aoe. As we spent roughly 90% of the time clearing trash mobs Aoe is, atleast for me, a big Quality of life improvement. I do not feel that this build lacks damage, and i only play with lion's roar and atziri flask. I was to cheap to buy Taste and Sin's yet, means out i loose on quite some peak damage. I see area coverage as bigger help than top notch damage.

Your tree offers enough dex to allow for a much wider itemization on the few spots we have left for rares.

Give it a go and, as corosou said, report back when you did. If it should go totally wrong, what i doubt, you loose like 30-40 regrets to get back to the tested version.
was my first time using blade flurry
and it was my first time killing the shaper

THANKS FOR THIS BUILD!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info