[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
corosou wrote:
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:
So @corosou, now that you have been playing both Cyclone and BF, can you give us a Pros - Cons of both, or is one just overall better atm?

Cyclone is better for mapping, BF better for single target.

With BF: Scourge + Chance to Bleed is best DPS
With Cyclone: Breath of The Council + Added Fire is best

Besides that, I've gone double curse for Cyclone and it's working out pretty well. This same double curse can be applied to BF setup too.

It's all still up the air. I've made a lot of little tweaks and stuff, but this forums sux!

Come to #Slack, there's a bunch of us already there talking about PoE theorycrafting and the build.

it seems to me unnecessary to go to another platform to talk about the subject
"
"
corosou wrote:
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:
So @corosou, now that you have been playing both Cyclone and BF, can you give us a Pros - Cons of both, or is one just overall better atm?

Cyclone is better for mapping, BF better for single target.

With BF: Scourge + Chance to Bleed is best DPS
With Cyclone: Breath of The Council + Added Fire is best

Besides that, I've gone double curse for Cyclone and it's working out pretty well. This same double curse can be applied to BF setup too.

It's all still up the air. I've made a lot of little tweaks and stuff, but this forums sux!

Come to #Slack, there's a bunch of us already there talking about PoE theorycrafting and the build.

it seems to me unnecessary to go to another platform to talk about the subject

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I don't think you're in my shoes to judge. You actually have no basis to come to that conclusion, other than you decided it seems unnecessary. I on the other hand feel it's very necessary when I'm dealing with 20 people asking the same question a day, some who outright refuse to search for a previous answer in the thread.

I think if you were to ask the now 40 people who have joined the #Slack community, and saw the amount of questions I am answering there, you would feel differently.

Last edited by corosou on Sep 11, 2017, 2:52:28 AM
Teaser for you guys... I want to share what I've been working on this whole weekend for those that haven't joined #Slack yet where I update everyone Live as I make changes.

I'm getting VERY close to feeling like this is final, but still want iron out details before I commit to a setup I feel comfortable sharing with you guys.

I present the brand new souper-douper variant:

"ScourgeFlurryCyclone - Full Life/Double-Curse Variant" (not cheap!)

This is with Shock NOT enabled, yet we have a 20% chance to shock now from Shock Nova on CWDT. Yes, I have tested this very very thoroughly and it does indeed work very well! We also now have Punishment aura, also well tested and active quite often, as Cyclone is always in the middle of things taking damage. For the second curse I picked up Witchfire for Vulnerability. Together these make a killer killer combo!

So, without further ado, submitted for your approval...

A preview of my first DPS test on Hydra:

Youtube: ScourgeFlurryCyclone - T16 Hydra DPS Preview (Boss Fight/Full Life/Double Curse/Deathless)

In the video you see me swapping out of Cyclone mapping setup for the Full Life Single Target setup for boss killing.

The results of the Full Life setup are promising, but more testing is needed.

For now feel free to check out my toon. More details to come...
Last edited by corosou on Sep 11, 2017, 3:12:32 AM
10 Sec Abyss Boss (new Full Life/Double Curse variant/no flasks):

Last edited by corosou on Sep 11, 2017, 9:21:47 AM
Regarding "Full Life" while taking damage, such as from Blood Rage:

First of all thanks for the great guide! While not the fastest but one of the safest and funniest build I've played! Did my first ever Shaper kill deathless and with ease.

https://pastebin.com/tRnZvPbF
"
osmossi wrote:
First of all thanks for the great guide! While not the fastest but one of the safest and funniest build I've played! Did my first ever Shaper kill deathless and with ease.

https://pastebin.com/tRnZvPbF

That's what I like to hear ;)

Good stuff, congrats and thanks for sharing! Come chat with a bunch of us in Slack and stay upto date on all the changes. We've got a pretty healthy community chat going by now.
Looks like my "to do list" for this build is growing, but I check this off the list for 35 chaos!

Going to:

20% qual rest of gems
Replace Belly with Carcass
Buy Taste of Hate
Replace Bleed with Damage on Full

That should increase my damage QUITE a bit, especially since I can afford to lose SOME health (at 8k).

Debating on whether or not its worth replacing this belt with Belt of the Deciever:

Besides all that, which I hope to have nailed down this weekend, I feel I am ready for the Shaper. Already took down Chimera and Phoenix, just Hydra and Minotaur to go!
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:
Looks like my "to do list" for this build is growing, but I check this off the list for 35 chaos!

Going to:

20% qual rest of gems
Replace Belly with Carcass
Buy Taste of Hate
Replace Bleed with Damage on Full

That should increase my damage QUITE a bit, especially since I can afford to lose SOME health (at 8k).

Debating on whether or not its worth replacing this belt with Belt of the Deciever:

Besides all that, which I hope to have nailed down this weekend, I feel I am ready for the Shaper. Already took down Chimera and Phoenix, just Hydra and Minotaur to go!

Good stuff! Keep it up.

Join us in #Slack if you have time, there's a bunch of us there chatting all the time about the build and PoE in general

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info