[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

Just started this build yesterday, and absolutely LOVING it!

Switched from DW Earthquake to Blade Flurry at 60 with two Hellion claws. Took a hit in damage as apposed to 2 twinked out 1 handers I was using, but after I got use to Blade Flurry it started to come around. 9 hours played, level 67, 4.5k hp with tabula on and 2k dps tooltip, murdering stuff.

Ran merci labs at 60, which is over 5 levels under and crushed it when i had 3.5k hp.

Question about Blade Flurry in this setup though.

Am I REALLY stupid, or does it seem to clear faster when i just tap the mouse with Blade Flurry?

I swear I feel I kill MUCH faster just tapping it instead of letting it build up.

Great guide TS.

Also still looking for 6 link Belly and a Culling Strike Hellion as well on Harbringer Softcore :) Saving for Belly is rough!
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:
Just started this build yesterday, and absolutely LOVING it!

Switched from DW Earthquake to Blade Flurry at 60 with two Hellion claws. Took a hit in damage as apposed to 2 twinked out 1 handers I was using, but after I got use to Blade Flurry it started to come around. 9 hours played, level 67, 4.5k hp with tabula on and 2k dps tooltip, murdering stuff.

Ran merci labs at 60, which is over 5 levels under and crushed it when i had 3.5k hp.

Question about Blade Flurry in this setup though.

Am I REALLY stupid, or does it seem to clear faster when i just tap the mouse with Blade Flurry?

I swear I feel I kill MUCH faster just tapping it instead of letting it build up.

Great guide TS.

Also still looking for 6 link Belly and a Culling Strike Hellion as well on Harbringer Softcore :) Saving for Belly is rough!

Very nice to hear!

And no, you're not imagining things. You're just catching "Ruthless Support" at work ;) Every release stage has a burst of damage. If you catch that 3rd hit release it's pretty nice, as you've noticed.

You can go Bringer of Rain if you'd like. I was around 7k life with it.
Last edited by corosou on Sep 4, 2017, 9:10:40 PM
Here's a little something I've been messing around with while mapping:

Grab one for 1c. Really nice on breaches and nasty bosses that freeze/chill.

Using this I drop:

and grab for more flask charges:

Last edited by corosou on Sep 4, 2017, 9:25:55 PM
Clearly well thought out, and I like the look of it.
However, I've just been burned by the last build I sort of blindly followed. (a build that ended up having items in the PoB that don't exist)

So I have to ask, since I've never played bleed before. How does it work? I looked at a realistic budget gearset on PoB and without the flasks or jewels and the release at 6 damage seemed quite low. (Compared to an ele blade flurry build I come across with similar budget gear - my most expensive equipment is a 6link belly, but i dont want to bother changing the colors from 5red 1 blue just to try a build I don't know yet)

Really I'm embarassing myself here, I wasted a lot of time making new characters and finding out the build costs 2000ex to work once I got to lvl 60-70. But anyway, Guess I kinda want some assurance that this is gonna be worth building and turning into my main character.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/hmcg020/characters
This is the guy I met in-game and he seemed to allude to making his own build, I think the question I want to ask (it's 5am excuse me) is if elemental would be better to make than bleed-based in the case of me wanting to use it to kill shaper and other end-game bosses.

Sorry if this is bad form, linking to other characters etc.
"
Cicida wrote:
However, I've just been burned by the last build I sort of blindly followed. (a build that ended up having items in the PoB that don't exist)

So I have to ask, since I've never played bleed before. How does it work? I looked at a realistic budget gearset on PoB and without the flasks or jewels and the release at 6 damage seemed quite low. (Compared to an ele blade flurry build I come across with similar budget gear - my most expensive equipment is a 6link belly, but i dont want to bother changing the colors from 5red 1 blue just to try a build I don't know yet)

Really I'm embarassing myself here, I wasted a lot of time making new characters and finding out the build costs 2000ex to work once I got to lvl 60-70. But anyway, Guess I kinda want some assurance that this is gonna be worth building and turning into my main character.

This is the guy I met in-game and he seemed to allude to making his own build, I think the question I want to ask (it's 5am excuse me) is if elemental would be better to make than bleed-based in the case of me wanting to use it to kill shaper and other end-game bosses.

Thanks!

I wouldn't have bothered to share the build if it couldn't back up what it says it can do with verifiable results others have confirmed.

But, don't take my word for it... You can see many quotes on the main post from people using the build and how they feel about it. I dare say you'd be hard pressed to find a bad thing anyone has had to say about it - which warms my heart in ways words can't describe ))

So, as the build creator, humbly, I feel fairly confident in saying that you will be alright if you choose to follow the guide. All I ask is that if you are a new player you do your own research and look for whatever questions you have in the thread, before asking me for help. If you haven't read the thread, I don't like telling people what to do or how to play, I want everyone to experiment and learn on their own. It's really the most beneficial approach if you want to truly understand this game and the best advise I could ever give.

As far as bleed goes, bleed is just an added bonus to help clearing, if you mean the gloves. The DPS is mostly pure physical dmg, scaled with hatred, flasks, unique items, added # to # phys dmg on jewelry and 4dmg jewels.

GL whatever you decide to do!
Last edited by corosou on Sep 5, 2017, 3:01:06 AM
Quick fun video for you guys...

Beachhead boss using:

Call this Headhunter's Vacuum of Death Setup? :)

Youtube: ScourgeFlurry - Beachhead - Headhunter's Vacuum of Death

The ammy is not really that important for this. Just something I'm testing.

Also, I didn't even bother doing 6stack releases if u notice...
"
Cicida wrote:

Yes Ele-BF will probably always have more dmg because it can scale better than phys and usually goes for crit. BUT you also need to gear for it and you have to get vaal pact. Even if you get used to it, it can be really annoying sometimes.
In this build you get a 1c alternative to vaal pact without the downsides. You are pretty tanky and the dmg is fine, even with all these couple of chaos (if you go for high rolls) budget options. I was farming T11/12 maps with lvl 70 and did uberlab with izaro 3 keys at lvl 72 without any issues. With all the cheap possible gear choices you can sort out what annoys you the most and counter it pretty easily.
So this build is more versatile and tankier than an ele-build, that's why i decided to give it a shot and haven't looked back since.

I looked at you linked profile and sure, this build will have awesome damage. But it all comes to the one question: do you want to trade survivability for damage. For example an abyssus without physical damage reductions or a massive lifepool will make you very very fragile to physical damage. If you really want to just farm shaper or guardians an ele build might be better. But if you want to do everything the game has to offer without being a glass canon, stick with this build here :)
Ok so a little update now that I'm semi-lvled and what can i say

Shaper down at lvl 78!:

Not deathless because I'm not so used to whirling blades but still had a few portals left. It never felt so stressless and i killed him only 3 or 4 times before <3 ty TS for this awesome build
I admit I don't have budget gear but it can be done with less dps
The gloves were self crafted with screaming essence of contempt for about 15c investment

Last edited by Bimor89 on Sep 5, 2017, 10:29:19 AM
"
corosou wrote:

Thanks!

I wouldn't have bothered to share the build if it couldn't back up what it says it can do with verifiable results others have confirmed.

But, don't take my word for it... You can see many quotes on the main post from people using the build and how they feel about it. I dare say you'd be hard pressed to find a bad thing anyone has had to say about it - which warms my heart in ways words can't describe ))

So, as the build creator, humbly, I feel fairly confident in saying that you will be alright if you choose to follow the guide. All I ask is that if you are a new player you do your own research and look for whatever questions you have in the thread, before asking me for help. If you haven't read the thread, I don't like telling people what to do or how to play, I want everyone to experiment and learn on their own. It's really the most beneficial approach if you want to truly understand this game and the best advise I could ever give.

As far as bleed goes, bleed is just an added bonus to help clearing, if you mean the gloves. The DPS is mostly pure physical dmg, scaled with hatred, flasks, unique items, added # to # phys dmg on jewelry and 4dmg jewels.

GL whatever you decide to do!

"
Bimor89 wrote:

Yes Ele-BF will probably always have more dmg because it can scale better than phys and usually goes for crit. BUT you also need to gear for it and you have to get vaal pact. Even if you get used to it, it can be really annoying sometimes.
In this build you get a 1c alternative to vaal pact without the downsides. You are pretty tanky and the dmg is fine, even with all these couple of chaos (if you go for high rolls) budget options. I was farming T11/12 maps with lvl 70 and did uberlab with izaro 3 keys at lvl 72 without any issues. With all the cheap possible gear choices you can sort out what annoys you the most and counter it pretty easily.
So this build is more versatile and tankier than an ele-build, that's why i decided to give it a shot and haven't looked back since.

I looked at you linked profile and sure, this build will have awesome damage. But it all comes to the one question: do you want to trade survivability for damage. For example an abyssus without physical damage reductions or a massive lifepool will make you very very fragile to physical damage. If you really want to just farm shaper or guardians an ele build might be better. But if you want to do everything the game has to offer without being a glass canon, stick with this build here :)

Thanks for the replies, I'm not new but I am new to melee characters and the endgame content in general.
I guess the only thing I'm concerned about is "how much" of a tradeoff the survivability vs damage is going to be. I do like the fact I can take a hit or two with my FB AW dude, but he simply can't clear very fast or do shaper/guardians particularly fast either.

Tough choice. I'm leaning towards claws though :) I'll post my success if I do go with your build!
Last edited by Cicida on Sep 5, 2017, 8:16:52 AM
My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE thing about this guide and this build @corosou is that you encourage people not to just copy/paste your build and not tweak it.

That being said, here is my variation. This will be 100% bleed chance, and even up to 50% poison chance at around level 90, which is definitely what I will be obtaining with this build.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAECAAHnBLMFLQlYC2EMXw3NDjwR1RQgFE0UcRbpGJEaOBpVHKccziFgIZAkNycvKCoppStQLTAxnjH7Mgk1kjXvNug6UjrhOu08BTwtPfxDMUSeRalHfk3jUEdTpVO7V5dYY1nzWp9fP1_QYEFhIWNwZU1mtmeAZ5to8mxGbbRybHKpdO108Xaseu982X_jgUGCB4Nfg8yE2YTvi0-Mz5BVl3mYV6IApleoB6yqrY2uPq9sr6e18rc-vJ-9Nr6nvwi_1cBmwYvE9sauxtjPftP82L3ZfNrB26fkUeoQ6hjvDu988B_yQfJF9kj3Mvhf-Ov8S_4K_lT-jw==?accountName=sheeeeeeets&characterName=Blade_Furiousness

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAP0ACSEAAHsB5wSzBS0JWAthDF8NzQ48EdUUIBRNFHEYkRo4GlUcpxzOIWAnLygqKaUrUC0wMZ4x-zIJNZI17zboOlI64TrtPAU8LT38QzFEnkWpR35N41BHU6VTu1eXWGNZ81qfXz9gQWEhY3BlTWa2Z4Bnm2jybEZttHJscql07XTxdqx673zZf-OBQYIHg1-DzITZhO-LT4zPkFWXeaIApleoB6yqrY2uPq9sr6e18rc-vJ-9Nr6nv9XAZsGLxPbGrsbYz37T_Ni92Xzawdun5FHqGO8O73zwH_JB8kX2SPcy-Ov8S_4K_lT-jyGQJDdf0L8I6hD4XxbpmFcAAAAAAA==

I will be wearing a Voidheart and only really caring about the life roll and chance to bleed roll, with the poison being a bonus.

Seriously though man, I was looking for a tanky/regen/leach build that DOES NOT use Vaal Pact, mainly because I got my Dark Pact guy pretty high and it felt clunky and borderline dangerous in groups, and this is most definitely the build for me.
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Sep 5, 2017, 9:20:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info