Development Manifesto: Damage Over Time Changes - Part 1

SO LATE! GGG why you SO late? Double dips should be removed long ago, and you still BUFFING all damage over time? WTF?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Everybody noticed that DoT damage will be doubled, but nobody noticed that it will be doubled from base damage instead of the total damage. The result of both effects will end in significatively lower damage, so DoT users will actually have to make use of the empowered passive nodes if they want to play something still viable. If we want to make nice burning-posion-bleeding builds we can still do them, but at the cost of losing most the initial hit damage, so a fire build and an ignite build, for example, may look quite different and will have different playstyles.

It's really funny to see people complaining about "buffing" something that is actually being nerfed, or about "removing builds" when this will actually bring the opposite, since authentical DoT builds will now be a reality, not a mere addition to simple fire/physical/chaos builds.

Good job GGG
Feel free to ckeck some skill suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253742
"
Everybody noticed that DoT damage will be doubled, but nobody noticed that it will be doubled from base damage instead of the total damage.

You must be paying attention because "everyone" already noticed. Or did you mean "everyone" as in the guy who replied before you and almost no one else?
Last edited by lilbuddha on Apr 28, 2017, 10:13:53 PM
But what problem does the GGG have? Do you want to change builds because many people use them? Improve the others and make them playable.
It does not seem right to change what many have worked on.
Who pays me the time I spent developing these builds if I'm not good at playing?
It is incorrect to make these changes
ggg remove op shit and replace it with op shit and remove that then replace and tbh, b-o-r-i-n-g now.
IGN: Juxax
so Scorching Ray going stay in stash on next patch
so does flat added damage (like e.g from added chaos support gem) increase the base damage of an attack / spell, which will then result in a higher dot with the new system?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info