Damage Over Time Changes - Part 1

Here's the thing I think some people are getting wrong: even if damage applies to both, you can't call it 'double dipping'.

If I do 35k dps as pure chaos, and get 100% more, I do double damage, 70k.

If I do 20k flat and 15k from poison, then that 100% gets me 40k flat and 30k poison. For 70k.

Really, all that's happening is some sources will only apply to half your damage, whereas the ones that used to double dip now apply to the whole pie.
how will this affect damage conversion builds...?(dmg conversion already got a nerf...)

ie:- avatar of fire(or xoph ammy) + black gleam
- xoph's nurture +black gleam

- pyre / realmshaper / cold 2 fire

etc....

and since u guys are changing stuff....related to dot/double dipping...why not consider giving chaos skills a small innate chance of causing poison on crit (10-15%) likewise with phys abilities being able to cause bleed

With these coming changes to poison, ignite, and bleed and the mention of there being a possibility of the passive tree receiving part of the compensation package, will there be a way to make spells, via tree or gem, inflict bleeding, such as those that deal physical damage, or give minions that deal physical damage the ability to inflict a bleed?
"
Here's the thing I think some people are getting wrong: even if damage applies to both, you can't call it 'double dipping'.

If I do 35k dps as pure chaos, and get 100% more, I do double damage, 70k.

If I do 20k flat and 15k from poison, then that 100% gets me 40k flat and 30k poison. For 70k.

Really, all that's happening is some sources will only apply to half your damage, whereas the ones that used to double dip now apply to the whole pie.
double dipping generally refers to one modifier affecting both the initial hit and DoT.

if area damage can still affect both the initial hit and the dot, its the very same double dipping that is rampant now.
I've always wanted to play Gladiator Bleeding build!
Do you think 1h weapons will end up at the same level as 2h for bleeding ?
Because I don't want to be forced to play 2h to have a reliable build :3
Goodbye double dipping, SWEET
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
grepman wrote:

if area damage can still affect both the initial hit and the dot, its the very same double dipping that is rampant now.

The problem with double dipping as it is now is that "100% more damage" would increase the dot by 4, doubling the base damage, and then doubling the DoT.

It would now just double your total damage.

The DoT is only being affected once, hence it is not double dipping.
To GGG:
With the new mechanism, we can deal a small hit with great dot damage. This makes aliment immune monsters so powerful to ignite-oriented builds. Will there be any change to the aliment immune system so that the new ignite builds can still run those maps or kill those bosses? Maybe a new keystone "you can apply aliment to monsters that immune aliment" can help.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
ES don't have armour, evade, dodge.
Life have armour,evade, dodge.

ES not nerfed.
Life accept Buff.
hmm well, I'm sure going to miss playing my poison bladefall trapper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info