Damage Over Time Changes - Part 1

Dont buff DOT! GGG please dont do it! Even without dd DOT strong, and after you buff it THAT much DOT will become absolutely mandatory!

Remember when reduced mana gem was mandatory and you changed it exactly the same reason as DOT, so dont buff DOT, pls dont do it!
Master Craft Service in Abyss SC. My IGN: TreeOfDeadWar
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037206 Vouch and info
All masters 8 level All Service in one thread!
Shaper/Breach Lords/Guardians/Uber Lab/Atziri/Boss kill
Will poison continue to stack though?..
Like others have pointed out, there is still double dipping (so much for the excuse of making things simpler). So the only reason they change things up is to nerf DoT. I cant imagine it being a buff.
IGN: SynergyHC
"
Like others have pointed out, there is still double dipping (so much for the excuse of making things simpler). So the only reason they change things up is to nerf DoT. I cant imagine it being a buff.

No there is not.

"
Completed 7 ChallengesRory wrote:
there is no cumulative effect - the modifier applying to the hit has no effect at all on the Ignite - the two are entirely separate.
SweetBreaker : thread 823111 ( /!\ this build is weird .... and old /!\ ).
Sunder guardian (poisoninGaijin) : thread 1831267 ( Pretty unusual too ! ) [BHC] !rip
I don't know does this post ask for hype or rage because double dip problem is not from "yesterday" and only question is what was waiting? New support packs and more money?
Does every fix need be global nerf?
"
Bleeding is also being changed for players so that it does more damage while the target is stationary, making it a more versatile source of damage. Previously it dealt only one sixth its damage while the target was stationary, but will now deal half damage instead. The ratio will remain unchanged for Bleeding caused by monsters, so you will still be able to stand still to mitigate the majority of monster Bleeding damage, but monsters you inflict Bleeding on won't be so lucky.

While I understand why you'd make this distingution I'd like to point out that this will again introduce a confusion around this mechanic - which you are in another case trying to avoid.

It's best to have a consistent system without such tweaks and backdoors even if it means a less used mechanic or more danger to players.

I'd propose to bring the two values closer and have the same effect on both monsters and players (say 1/3rd).
YES YES PLEASE MORE!!! <3
How about ES, vaal pact nerfs?
“Ok this is how it is: I said empty your mind be formless, shapeless like water. When you pour water into a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or can crash. Become water my friend.”
"

From what I'm understanding ignite is now based off the base damage off the spell not the end result... which would significantly cut it's damage down.
Last edited by Drekor on May 3, 2017 12:01:05 PM
I love my ignite fireball, but I welcome these changes for more diverse builds.
And yes ignite may be broken, but not as broken as Barrage pathfinders.
stopped reading at " then we doubled it". sounds like a familiar old adage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info